Blurred Vision Is Not Excluded Due To Infection With Helminths
Parasitical Worms.com The doctor asked me 2 months ago, my eyes naturally felt a bit creased and looked blurry, sometimes with a slight itchy feeling around the eyes. I went to the eye examination and was treated by the eye doctor but it did not go away.
I have researched online that blurred vision can also be caused by helminth infection. So the doctor said my eyes were blurred because of infection with helminths and what kind of helminths? I would like to thank the doctor
Please answer you as follows
Blurred vision due to many causes but not ruled out tapeworm
There are many causes of blurred vision such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, cataracts, macular degeneration, helminth parasitic infections ..
If you have already had an eye exam and have not had any blurred vision, you should go to the parasite lock clinic for blood tests for helminths.
Why do helminth infections cause blurred vision?
The helminth larva circulates in the blood of an infected person. When it reaches the eyes, the larvae interfere with the vision, causing blurred vision and the formation of infectious inflammation, eosinophilia in the blood vessels of the eye.
Manifestations of typical pathological symptoms depending on the site of infiltrative foci of the eye are as follows: visual impairment of eyes, eye pain caused by endophthalmitis, white pupils, strabismus for many weeks, most commonly tumors Extreme posterior retina seed, easily confused with retinal cancer
Other common pathological manifestations are uveitis, vitreous abscess, corneal neuritis, purulent in the anterior chamber Usually only one eye is affected, rarely both eyes are damaged.
In ocular larvae, toxocara Toxocara canis does not show clinical signs of visceral larval migration.
What types of helminths can reach the eyes and cause blurred vision?
There are many types of helminth parasites that can enter the eyes, such as Toxocara dog roundworm larvae (dog flukes) Toxocara enters the liver, lungs, eyes, brain. In the eyes of Toxocara larvae come into the back of the hammock causing blurred vision, vision loss and resulting in gradual blindness.
The tapeworm larva of Taenia solium is transmitted to humans through eating undercooked meat foods. Tapeworm eggs often produce cysts in human tissue, including muscles, brain and eyes. When this larva attacks, the eye will become blurred, retinal detachment.
Also some other helminth parasites can enter the eye causing blurring and can lead to blindness such as:
Baylisascaris procyonis nematode
Worms Onchocerca volvulus
Toxoplasma Gondi cat parasite
Can blood tests diagnose ocular helminths?
In addition to clinical symptoms such as blurred vision, reduced vision in one or both eyes, ocular itching, strabismus examined and specialized ophthalmic treatment did not improve, you should have blood tests to diagnose and treat parasitic disease The larvae metacercariae moved to the eyes.
How to treat blurred vision caused by helminths?
When infected with parasitic helminth larvae move to the eyes, especially Toxocara dog roundworm larvae (dog flukes), patients will be treated with specific anti-parasitic drugs to treat blurred vision due to parasitic infection. helminth organisms.
If detected late, the larvae causing severe eye damage will result in severe sequelae, poor recovery, difficulty in treatment and can lead to blindness.
Therefore, it is necessary to early detect the status of infection with helminths, especially Toxocara Toxocara canis larvae to treat promptly to avoid unfortunate consequences.
Your case feels a little bit crooked and blurred vision has been treated for ophthalmology, but it is still so we can not answer what worm infection you have.
You want to know what kind of helminths you have that you need to see and test.
You are invited to: Anh Nga International Clinic specializing in Parasitology Comrade: 402, An Dương Vương, Ward 4, District 5. TP HCM
With a team of experienced doctors in the field of Parasitology, who used to work at the Central Parasitology Institute, with skilled, free enthusiastic counseling, examination, testing and special treatment for parasites. Ensure all rights for patients.
How to prevent blurred vision caused by parasitic helminths?
When infected with the parasitic worms into the bloodstream, they can move to the heart, liver, lungs, eyes, brain, so the prevention of blurred vision of helminths must first have the knowledge to protect your body from infection. helminth infection.
Through the way worms can get into the eyes?
- Oral transmission, in particular, through ingestion or accidental ingestion of larvae. For example, such as putting hands in mouth when infected with parasitic worms
- Skin-spread: For example, after gardening, going to the beach, contacting with sterile sandy soil can penetrate the skin at the place where the skin is scratched.
- Spread through mucosa: For example, larvae stick to the eye mucosa when rubbing infected hands from the larvae from here they can enter the bloodstream, or parasitize the eyes.
- Mother to child transmission: Less common and not all helminth larvae during pregnancy of an infected mother can also be transmitted to the offspring
Specific preventive measures:
- Do not rub eyes when hands are not clean. Do not eat raw food such as raw meat, raw seafood, raw vegetables ...
- Wash fruits and vegetables thoroughly. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Parasitical Worms.com Tests to find the cause of urticaria, diagnosis of urticaria results will be available throughout the day. After the results the doctor will explain, point out the abnormal signs for your child to understand and he will prescribe medication for home. Question Hello doctor: I ...Parasitical Worms.com Adult flukes are very small, 3 - 6 mm long, with 4 suction heads and a double hook, very short neck; coal consists of 3 segments, the final flukes have several hundred eggs, size 45 x 35 mcm, very similar to Toenia spp eggs. The disease is caused by the larva Echinococcus ...Parasitical Worms.com Some diseases caused by larvae of the anisakinae family parasitize marine mammals. In humans, the parasite falls into a dead-end, or severe or severe illness depending on the place of parasite, number of larvae and tissue responses. Diagnosis is often difficult and the most ...Parasitical Worms.com Illness caused by the nematode of Angiostrongylus cantonensis parasitizes and causes disease in the meninges, invasion of the brain can lead to death. Commonly called Meningitis - brain caused by Angiostrongylus cantonensis. The causative agent of nematode ...Fascioliasis is two types of fascioliasis and small liver fluke. People are infected with food, skin. Flukes can cause hepatitis, liver tumors, liver necrosis, but fortunately, liver fluke can be cured if detected early, treated in a reputable facility with a good doctor, using drugs. Good, ...Parasitical Worms.com Diagnosis is determined by seeing sparganum larvae from the wound. Clinical and prehistoric images of frog meat, eye-copying as well as the habit of eating undercooked snakes, mice, and eels are important factors for diagnosis. Doctor: Le Thi Huong Giang Medical Consultation: ...MUSHROOM DISEASE (Aspergillus) 1. Epidemiology. Aspergillus fungus is one of the largest fungal strains, present in all over the world, there are about 100 species, currently there are about 20-30 species that cause disease in humans, important strains are A. fumigatus, A. flavus , A. niger such as ...MUSHROOM DISEASE Cryptococcosis (Tolurosis, European Blastomycois) 1. Etiology and epidemiology Cryptococcosis is also known as the European Blastomycose mycosis caused by Cryptoccocus neoformans, a thick cystic yeast, has serotypes A, D (C. neoformans var. Neoformans) and B, C ( C.neoformans var. ...MUSHROOM DISEASE Sporotrichosis (Gardener Disease) 1. Epidemiology and etiology Sporotrichosis is a chronic disease caused by Sporothrix schenckii that causes damage to the skin or internal organs (also known as gardener disease - gardener's disease). This is a dimorphic mushroom. In nature, ...CANDIDA MUSHROOM 1. Germs Candidiasis is an acute, subacute or chronic disease caused by Candida-like yeasts, mostly Candida albicans. Candidiasis is available in the body (bronchus, oral cavity, intestine, vagina, skin around the anus) normally in non-pathogenic form. When having favorable ...