Hookworm In Dog Who Is Dangerous No.
Parasitical Worms.com Dog hookworms with scientific names Ancylostoma caninum, Ancylostoma braziliensis, Uncinaria stenocephala live in cats and dogs' intestines, eggs separate from feces sticking to soil, sandbanks, lawns, plant pots.
In hot and humid conditions, the egg quickly hatches with a rhabditiform larva, which within a few days hatches into an infectious filariform larva. When people come into contact with soil, sand, etc., the larvae burrow through the skin, but because collagenase enzyme does not dissipate human veins, it cannot return to the lungs (as when it penetrates the skin of dogs and cats)
Hookworm larvae move under the skin
Epidemiological characteristics of hookworm disease
Common disease in hot and humid tropics (Africa, South America, Antilles, Southeast Asia .
Clinical forms of dog hookworm disease
The larvae often burrow through exposed skin, exposed to sandy soil such as hands, arms, legs, knees, buttocks, etc., creating a very itchy red rash.
. After a few hours or 2-3 days, on the skin surface one or more zigzag lines, very itchy, lasting at a rate of several millimeters to several centimeters per day.
There may be small water bubbles along the tunnel, leukocyte infiltration, and leukocytosis. Patients may scratch when itching (especially at night) scratching their skin and secondary infections
It heals after a few weeks to months. The passage through which the larvae pass will gradually flatten, darken and fade over time. In rare cases, larvae escape to the lungs, leukocytosis calculates in blood and sputum
Diagnosis of dog hookworm disease
Mainly based on epidemiology (in contact with contaminated soil of dog and cat feces ...) and clinical images.
Treatment of dog hookworm disease at Anh Nga HCMC parasitic clinic
- Thiabendazole (Mintezol) 25mg / kg weight / day for 3-5 days.
- Flubendazole (Fluvermal) 500mg / day for 7 days.
- Albendazole (Zentel) 2 tablets 200mg / day for 3 days.
- You can rub hexachloro-cyclohexan cream (HCH), Lindace 1% or spray ethylchlorur, fréon on the tunnel
Prevent dog hookworm disease
- Do not let dogs go to the beach, garden ...
- Periodically draw worms for dogs.
Specialized Department of Parasitology Department
SPECIALIST IN PREVENTION AND SPRING
Address: 402 An Duong Vuong, Ward 4, District 5, TP.
TEL. 028 38 30 23 45 - Schedule of medical examination - View the map
Or Call Center:
MAYBE YOU ARE INTERESTED
Why is infected with worms atopic dermatitis?
Why is helminth infection itchy skin?
Some skin itching manifestations of helminth infections
Headache for the whole month due to the "worm" that enters the brain
The skin changes abnormally due to dog flukes
Cardiogenic shock due to dog tapeworm infection
What to do when a skin rash develops for a long time
What signs to identify helminths?
Signs identify strongyloidiasis.
- Parasitical Worms.com Tests to find the cause of urticaria, diagnosis of urticaria results will be available throughout the day. After the results the doctor will explain, point out the abnormal signs for your child to understand and he will prescribe medication for home. Question Hello doctor: I ...Parasitical Worms.com Adult flukes are very small, 3 - 6 mm long, with 4 suction heads and a double hook, very short neck; coal consists of 3 segments, the final flukes have several hundred eggs, size 45 x 35 mcm, very similar to Toenia spp eggs. The disease is caused by the larva Echinococcus ...Parasitical Worms.com Some diseases caused by larvae of the anisakinae family parasitize marine mammals. In humans, the parasite falls into a dead-end, or severe or severe illness depending on the place of parasite, number of larvae and tissue responses. Diagnosis is often difficult and the most ...Parasitical Worms.com Illness caused by the nematode of Angiostrongylus cantonensis parasitizes and causes disease in the meninges, invasion of the brain can lead to death. Commonly called Meningitis - brain caused by Angiostrongylus cantonensis. The causative agent of nematode ...Fascioliasis is two types of fascioliasis and small liver fluke. People are infected with food, skin. Flukes can cause hepatitis, liver tumors, liver necrosis, but fortunately, liver fluke can be cured if detected early, treated in a reputable facility with a good doctor, using drugs. Good, ...Parasitical Worms.com Diagnosis is determined by seeing sparganum larvae from the wound. Clinical and prehistoric images of frog meat, eye-copying as well as the habit of eating undercooked snakes, mice, and eels are important factors for diagnosis. Doctor: Le Thi Huong Giang Medical Consultation: ...MUSHROOM DISEASE (Aspergillus) 1. Epidemiology. Aspergillus fungus is one of the largest fungal strains, present in all over the world, there are about 100 species, currently there are about 20-30 species that cause disease in humans, important strains are A. fumigatus, A. flavus , A. niger such as ...MUSHROOM DISEASE Cryptococcosis (Tolurosis, European Blastomycois) 1. Etiology and epidemiology Cryptococcosis is also known as the European Blastomycose mycosis caused by Cryptoccocus neoformans, a thick cystic yeast, has serotypes A, D (C. neoformans var. Neoformans) and B, C ( C.neoformans var. ...MUSHROOM DISEASE Sporotrichosis (Gardener Disease) 1. Epidemiology and etiology Sporotrichosis is a chronic disease caused by Sporothrix schenckii that causes damage to the skin or internal organs (also known as gardener disease - gardener's disease). This is a dimorphic mushroom. In nature, ...CANDIDA MUSHROOM 1. Germs Candidiasis is an acute, subacute or chronic disease caused by Candida-like yeasts, mostly Candida albicans. Candidiasis is available in the body (bronchus, oral cavity, intestine, vagina, skin around the anus) normally in non-pathogenic form. When having favorable ...