House Not Keeping Cats And Dogs Still Infected Toxocara Sp
This is the case of a family of 4, a parent working as a teacher, 2 children who are studying at secondary school in Buon Ma Thuoc - Dak Lak. The family did not have any cats or dogs, nor did they have any contact with cats and dogs, but they were still infected by dog roundworm.
Due to reading information online, the whole family shows signs of parasite infection such as itching, hives, abdominal boil, diarrhea ... symptom treatment is not relieved, the family comes to our clinic for examination and treatment. treatment.
Through visiting and seeking information, we learned that the front of this family's house has a small area of flowers
Clinical examination: All 4 family members had scratches on the wrists, forearms and legs, to varying degrees. In the father, the inside of the wrist is the image of the larva under the skin, the inside of the left leg, behind the back many dark scratches have thickness.
. Check the pulse and blood pressure are normal, not enlarged liver, soft abdomen, no pain ... We have blood tests to find parasites.
The larvae move under the baby's skin after 7 days of treatment
- Blood count: leukocyte increased slightly, of father and son increased> 30%, eosinophils of daughter and normal mother
- Blood chemistry: normal kidney function, liver enzymes do not increase
- ELISA immune test: all 4 people were positive (+) with dog roundworm.
We conduct treatment for this whole family with special medicines: Ivermectin, Albendazol in combination with H1 antihistamines, topical medications.
After two months of treatment at the clinic, the family went for a follow-up visit: positive clinical examination results, scratches healed, no longer itchy, a blood count test showed that eosinophilia had returned to normal. Usually, the ELISA immune test is negative (-), the disease has recovered.
Through the above cases, we believe that the larvae of Toxocara canis came from the soil through the skin into people when gardening to take care of ornamental plants, flowers and have the following advice:
- Toxocara is caused mainly on dogs, cats, humans just happened to get them in the larval stage.
- Toxocara canis larvae can penetrate people through many different ways such as: swallowing infected larvae in uncooked food, raw vegetables, worm larvae that pass through skin, penetrate mucosa, inhale have to larvae in the dust ..
After entering the human body, the dog roundworm larvae can move:
- Move into the eyes, usually on one eye, rarely on both sides, they reduce vision, eye pain, strabismus lasting for weeks, months, most often retinal granulomas. Other common manifestations are uveitis, optic nerve inflammation, pus in the anterior chamber of the eye;
- Moving into the lungs causes common symptoms of coughing, wheezing, and shortness of breath. There may also be an asthma attack. Worse is pneumonia, pleural effusion leading to acute respiratory failure.
- Move into the brain causing damage to the central nervous system, serious complications that make the patient weak in muscle, causing sensory disorders, seizures, seizures, coma, loss of motor control, mental disorders, stiff neck ..
.. Many severe cases can be fatal
Therefore, when you have symptoms of parasitic infection as mentioned above, you should go to specialized medical facilities for timely examination and treatment.
To prevent dog and cat roundworm disease, the Preventive Medicine Department - the Ministry of Health has very specific instructions. Ascaris and cat roundworm disease are not spread directly from person to person, the preventive measures are:
- Limit contact with dogs and cats, especially: do not hold, hug, kiss or pet dogs or cats. If there is contact with dogs and cats, then need to wash their hands with soap;
- Environmental sanitation, not letting dogs and cats go indiscriminately into the environment, periodically removing worms for dogs and cats;
- Eat cooked, drink boiling, do not eat raw meat, do not eat raw vegetables, deworming every 6 months.
- Do not walk barefoot, wear gloves, wear boots when in contact with the ground.
DS. Cao Chí Công. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Parasitical Worms.com Tests to find the cause of urticaria, diagnosis of urticaria results will be available throughout the day. After the results the doctor will explain, point out the abnormal signs for your child to understand and he will prescribe medication for home. Question Hello doctor: I ...Parasitical Worms.com Adult flukes are very small, 3 - 6 mm long, with 4 suction heads and a double hook, very short neck; coal consists of 3 segments, the final flukes have several hundred eggs, size 45 x 35 mcm, very similar to Toenia spp eggs. The disease is caused by the larva Echinococcus ...Parasitical Worms.com Some diseases caused by larvae of the anisakinae family parasitize marine mammals. In humans, the parasite falls into a dead-end, or severe or severe illness depending on the place of parasite, number of larvae and tissue responses. Diagnosis is often difficult and the most ...Parasitical Worms.com Illness caused by the nematode of Angiostrongylus cantonensis parasitizes and causes disease in the meninges, invasion of the brain can lead to death. Commonly called Meningitis - brain caused by Angiostrongylus cantonensis. The causative agent of nematode ...Fascioliasis is two types of fascioliasis and small liver fluke. People are infected with food, skin. Flukes can cause hepatitis, liver tumors, liver necrosis, but fortunately, liver fluke can be cured if detected early, treated in a reputable facility with a good doctor, using drugs. Good, ...Parasitical Worms.com Diagnosis is determined by seeing sparganum larvae from the wound. Clinical and prehistoric images of frog meat, eye-copying as well as the habit of eating undercooked snakes, mice, and eels are important factors for diagnosis. Doctor: Le Thi Huong Giang Medical Consultation: ...MUSHROOM DISEASE (Aspergillus) 1. Epidemiology. Aspergillus fungus is one of the largest fungal strains, present in all over the world, there are about 100 species, currently there are about 20-30 species that cause disease in humans, important strains are A. fumigatus, A. flavus , A. niger such as ...MUSHROOM DISEASE Cryptococcosis (Tolurosis, European Blastomycois) 1. Etiology and epidemiology Cryptococcosis is also known as the European Blastomycose mycosis caused by Cryptoccocus neoformans, a thick cystic yeast, has serotypes A, D (C. neoformans var. Neoformans) and B, C ( C.neoformans var. ...MUSHROOM DISEASE Sporotrichosis (Gardener Disease) 1. Epidemiology and etiology Sporotrichosis is a chronic disease caused by Sporothrix schenckii that causes damage to the skin or internal organs (also known as gardener disease - gardener's disease). This is a dimorphic mushroom. In nature, ...CANDIDA MUSHROOM 1. Germs Candidiasis is an acute, subacute or chronic disease caused by Candida-like yeasts, mostly Candida albicans. Candidiasis is available in the body (bronchus, oral cavity, intestine, vagina, skin around the anus) normally in non-pathogenic form. When having favorable ...