1. Shape of pinworm
Adult worms are white, the skin has a cyst. The shell of the head swells on the sides like a wing, called the lip. The mouth has 3 small lips, the esophagus has a bulging end.
The egg has a thin shell, long lozenge, flattened on one side. The eggs are colorless, contain larvae inside and infectious within a few hours of being laid.
2. Those who are at risk of pinworm infection
Pinworms are common around the world, the disease is everywhere
Pinworm disease spreads not depending on climate but due to personal hygiene. Pinworms are usually transmitted in any way?
- Anal route - mouth through dirty hands or dirty clothes contaminated with helminth eggs.
- Contamination from pillows and mattresses.
- Infection from dust, pinworm eggs flying in the dust are inhaled through the nose or through the mouth.
- By self-infection, eggs hatch right at the anal mucosa into larvae and move back into the intestine.
When pinworms lay anus in the anus, the baby will naturally scratch it by scratching the anus then bringing it to the mouth. Or eggs fall on the bed, pants, blankets, mattresses
. Pinworm disease has symptoms
3.1. Symptoms may occur in intestinal pinworm infection.
An itchy, tickling anus feels like a cow worm: the female worm moves to the anus to lay eggs, which is the main symptom
Gastrointestinal disorders such as abdominal pain, fussiness, loss of appetite, nausea or vomiting, delayed growth. Children do not sleep well.
Neurological disorders are also common in babies who often have pinworms or are infected in large numbers.
3.2. Worms misplace
- Occasionally pinworms are found in the female genital organs, pinworms are rarely found in the ears and nose.
- Vaginal inflammation caused by pinworms may also occur, causing vulvar itching and white blood.
4 Diagnosis to determine pinworms
Finding eggs in stool is only found in 5% of cases, diagnosis is based on the use of duct tape on the anus, under the nail or finding an adult around the anus at night.
Based on the night's symptoms of pruritus ani, babies often cry at night or bedwetting. Parents see worms in the anus.
Anal anus with transparent tape according to Gramham method.
This method is done in the early morning, when the baby has just woken up, still in bed and has not cleaned the anus.
Pinworm eggs attached to the tape are observed under a microscope.
Usually the test is less used to diagnose pinworms in hospitals, but only to investigate and evaluate the prevalence of pinworms in a population.
5. Treatment of pinworms
Today, there are many types of worm remedy besides drugstores. But we should not buy medicine on our own. Because arbitrarily taking the wrong dose of the drug causes the drug-resistant worms, taking the medicine also doesn't work. Therefore, when parents suspect their child has pinworms, take them to see a specialist about parasitic worms When examining the disease based on the degree of pinworm infection, the age and weight the doctor will prescribe the correct pinworm disease for your child.
Need treatment for the whole family to avoid re-infection.
. Treatment is not difficult but it is easy to get re-infected. Need to parallel education with treatment.
6. Prevention of disease
- Pinworm eggs are contagious right after being born and are also very easy to spread outside and are present almost everywhere around the baby living and living. Therefore, prevention of pinworm infection first is sanitation, personal hygiene often washing, sun drying clothes.
- Periodic deworming
- Periodic examinations of helminths for children every 6 months
KTV. Leaf. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Parasitical Worms.com Tests to find the cause of urticaria, diagnosis of urticaria results will be available throughout the day. After the results the doctor will explain, point out the abnormal signs for your child to understand and he will prescribe medication for home. Question Hello doctor: I ...Parasitical Worms.com Adult flukes are very small, 3 - 6 mm long, with 4 suction heads and a double hook, very short neck; coal consists of 3 segments, the final flukes have several hundred eggs, size 45 x 35 mcm, very similar to Toenia spp eggs. The disease is caused by the larva Echinococcus ...Parasitical Worms.com Some diseases caused by larvae of the anisakinae family parasitize marine mammals. In humans, the parasite falls into a dead-end, or severe or severe illness depending on the place of parasite, number of larvae and tissue responses. Diagnosis is often difficult and the most ...Parasitical Worms.com Illness caused by the nematode of Angiostrongylus cantonensis parasitizes and causes disease in the meninges, invasion of the brain can lead to death. Commonly called Meningitis - brain caused by Angiostrongylus cantonensis. The causative agent of nematode ...Fascioliasis is two types of fascioliasis and small liver fluke. People are infected with food, skin. Flukes can cause hepatitis, liver tumors, liver necrosis, but fortunately, liver fluke can be cured if detected early, treated in a reputable facility with a good doctor, using drugs. Good, ...Parasitical Worms.com Diagnosis is determined by seeing sparganum larvae from the wound. Clinical and prehistoric images of frog meat, eye-copying as well as the habit of eating undercooked snakes, mice, and eels are important factors for diagnosis. Doctor: Le Thi Huong Giang Medical Consultation: ...MUSHROOM DISEASE (Aspergillus) 1. Epidemiology. Aspergillus fungus is one of the largest fungal strains, present in all over the world, there are about 100 species, currently there are about 20-30 species that cause disease in humans, important strains are A. fumigatus, A. flavus , A. niger such as ...MUSHROOM DISEASE Cryptococcosis (Tolurosis, European Blastomycois) 1. Etiology and epidemiology Cryptococcosis is also known as the European Blastomycose mycosis caused by Cryptoccocus neoformans, a thick cystic yeast, has serotypes A, D (C. neoformans var. Neoformans) and B, C ( C.neoformans var. ...MUSHROOM DISEASE Sporotrichosis (Gardener Disease) 1. Epidemiology and etiology Sporotrichosis is a chronic disease caused by Sporothrix schenckii that causes damage to the skin or internal organs (also known as gardener disease - gardener's disease). This is a dimorphic mushroom. In nature, ...CANDIDA MUSHROOM 1. Germs Candidiasis is an acute, subacute or chronic disease caused by Candida-like yeasts, mostly Candida albicans. Candidiasis is available in the body (bronchus, oral cavity, intestine, vagina, skin around the anus) normally in non-pathogenic form. When having favorable ...