Reasons Why Dog Disease Causes Prolonged Itching | Disease Advice
Ms. Ng.Th.T's question lives in Binh Chanh, Tp. HCM, why do dog flu disease cause prolonged itching? Your skin has been itchy for years and often appears at night, lasting 20 to 30 minutes at a time, initially itching on the back, the abdomen spreading down the buttocks and thighs
I have checked and tested for infection with dog fluke toxocara index positive 60. The doctor let me ask: Why do dog fluke infections cause prolonged pruritus? Can pruritic eczema be treated? Is dog flu infection dangerous? How much does treatment cost? I have treated itching in many places, sometimes itching lasts all year but still not cured. Looking forward to consulting your doctor
Hi NgTh.T, thank you for sharing this information, we answer them as follows.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT PREVENTION
1. What is rashes?
Skin rashes are a reaction of the body to a strange factor, also known as foreign antigen, with different characteristics and patterns of skin lesions but a common feature is itchy, itchy and irritated skin. redness, hives, hot skin surface, ..
Usually 70% of skin rashes are caused by pathologies, especially dog flu infections in the blood that cause itching to increase, 30% of skin rashes due to other causes such as, fungal skin diseases, genetic factors, changes Endocrine changes. Pruritus medication relieves the disease, eliminates the itching medication again, and the treatment time is longer than 2 weeks. It is called prolonged pruritus.
When your skin shows signs of itching, blood tests should be done to find the cause
. What is schistosomiasis in humans?
Human tapeworm, also known as Toxocara, is transmitted to humans by ingestion of larvae through food and drink, by contact with contaminated sand and soil. Children infected dog tapeworm due to habit of sucking on the hands, .. After infection of the dog tapeworm 1-2 weeks, the eggs develop into larvae that penetrate into the blood, move to parts of the body.
Images of Toxocara dog trematode larvae contraception
3. Why do dog flukes cause long-lasting itching?
While ingesting food or living, we accidentally swallow worm eggs, then in the intestine will develop into larvae, larvae go through the intestinal wall into the bloodstream and move to organs such as the heart, liver, kidneys. , lungs, eyes and brain.
The process of moving in the blood of a dog flukes excreted toxins, the body now recognizes it as a harmful allergen and responds by releasing and strengthening the histamine available in the body to fight off.
. Toxins are secreted by tapeworm larvae. When the concentration of histamine increases, it will cause long-lasting allergy phenomena, angioedema, hot skin, uncomfortable feeling of fatigue
Depending on the time of infection, the amount of larvae more or less, the organ and immune of each person that have manifestations of skin rashes due to prolonged or short term dog fluke.
The tapeworm larvae move in the bloodstream which causes long-lasting itching
4. When itchy skin due to dog flukes but do not know if infected tapeworms take itchy drugs harmful?
When prolonged itching has not determined the cause you will think of taking allergy medicine to reduce itching. As you know, the body strengthens Histamine to combat the toxins secreted by dog flukes, when blood histamine levels rise like a double-edged sword, on the one hand against dog flukes on the other hand it causes itching, angioedema, intestinal edema causes abdominal pain. Anti-itch medicine is antihistamine which is a drug to counteract histamine concentration in the body, works well in reducing the prolonged itching caused by dog flukes.
Using antihistamine drugs only has immediate effects, has no long-term effects, does not work to treat the cause of the disease. Therefore, antihistamines should not be used for more than 3 weeks. Long-term use will damage the liver, kidneys, cause drowsiness, drowsiness, affect labor productivity and danger in traffic.
5. Who is at risk of getting schistosomiasis?
Everyone can get trichinosis. Especially families with dogs and cats and children infected higher than adults. The prevalence in rural areas is higher than in cities due to the use of polluted water and frequent soil contact. Specifically, the following cases are more at risk of dog flukes and can be skin itching due to dog flukes than other subjects:
People who eat raw vegetables and raw meat
People have a habit of eating animal organs that have not been properly cooked, using unhygienic water sources.
People raising pets, gardeners, playing sports come into contact with sandy soil contaminated with tapeworm larvae
People do not have the habit of washing their hands before eating
In Vietnam, about 20% of people have antibodies positive for Toxocara dog fluke and this rate is increasing rapidly. In the US, the positive rate is about 13.9%, in the UK it is 2 - 5%
6. How is schistosomiasis transmitted to humans?
When cats and dogs defecate into the environment, their untreated faeces will release large amounts of Toxocara dog tapeworm eggs and contaminate water, soil, sand, vegetables and tubers.
. Water users, sports players, gardeners, people with a habit of eating raw vegetables, at risk of infant infection. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Parasitical Worms.com Tests to find the cause of urticaria, diagnosis of urticaria results will be available throughout the day. After the results the doctor will explain, point out the abnormal signs for your child to understand and he will prescribe medication for home. Question Hello doctor: I ...Parasitical Worms.com Adult flukes are very small, 3 - 6 mm long, with 4 suction heads and a double hook, very short neck; coal consists of 3 segments, the final flukes have several hundred eggs, size 45 x 35 mcm, very similar to Toenia spp eggs. The disease is caused by the larva Echinococcus ...Parasitical Worms.com Some diseases caused by larvae of the anisakinae family parasitize marine mammals. In humans, the parasite falls into a dead-end, or severe or severe illness depending on the place of parasite, number of larvae and tissue responses. Diagnosis is often difficult and the most ...Parasitical Worms.com Illness caused by the nematode of Angiostrongylus cantonensis parasitizes and causes disease in the meninges, invasion of the brain can lead to death. Commonly called Meningitis - brain caused by Angiostrongylus cantonensis. The causative agent of nematode ...Fascioliasis is two types of fascioliasis and small liver fluke. People are infected with food, skin. Flukes can cause hepatitis, liver tumors, liver necrosis, but fortunately, liver fluke can be cured if detected early, treated in a reputable facility with a good doctor, using drugs. Good, ...Parasitical Worms.com Diagnosis is determined by seeing sparganum larvae from the wound. Clinical and prehistoric images of frog meat, eye-copying as well as the habit of eating undercooked snakes, mice, and eels are important factors for diagnosis. Doctor: Le Thi Huong Giang Medical Consultation: ...MUSHROOM DISEASE (Aspergillus) 1. Epidemiology. Aspergillus fungus is one of the largest fungal strains, present in all over the world, there are about 100 species, currently there are about 20-30 species that cause disease in humans, important strains are A. fumigatus, A. flavus , A. niger such as ...MUSHROOM DISEASE Cryptococcosis (Tolurosis, European Blastomycois) 1. Etiology and epidemiology Cryptococcosis is also known as the European Blastomycose mycosis caused by Cryptoccocus neoformans, a thick cystic yeast, has serotypes A, D (C. neoformans var. Neoformans) and B, C ( C.neoformans var. ...MUSHROOM DISEASE Sporotrichosis (Gardener Disease) 1. Epidemiology and etiology Sporotrichosis is a chronic disease caused by Sporothrix schenckii that causes damage to the skin or internal organs (also known as gardener disease - gardener's disease). This is a dimorphic mushroom. In nature, ...CANDIDA MUSHROOM 1. Germs Candidiasis is an acute, subacute or chronic disease caused by Candida-like yeasts, mostly Candida albicans. Candidiasis is available in the body (bronchus, oral cavity, intestine, vagina, skin around the anus) normally in non-pathogenic form. When having favorable ...