Roundworm Infection In Humans: Common Helminth Disease
Ascaris lumbricoides roundworm Ascaris lumbricoides is a common and most common worm in the world. Currently in Vietnam, this is the leading parasite-causing parasite among intestinal helminths. The main host of roundworm is human and animals such as pigs, dogs, cats ... This is one of the largest worms. The length of the roundworm can be up to 35cm.
Life cycle of roundworm can be divided into 2 stages:
Stage 1: Adult roundworm live and reproduce (lay eggs) in human intestine
Stage 2: From here the larvae will enter the human body by eating if they eat food containing larvae that are not hygienic or cooked thoroughly, will continue to grow and reproduce.
People infected with roundworm usually will have no typical signs or have some mild abdominal symptoms (abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, nausea ..
When severe worm infection can cause intestinal obstruction, digestive disorders, severe abdominal pain if the worms go astray will cause dangerous symptoms at the place where worms come.
How to treat roundworm?
Treatment is only available when there are worm results in the adult stage.
When infected with the helminths drug used is Albendazole, Mebendazol or possibly Pyrantel pamoate. The dosage will depend on whether the infection is as simple as the infection or is accompanied by other types of helminths.
There are some drugs that are contraindicated for children under 24 months of age, women 3 months pregnant or breastfeeding ... Therefore, we need to see a specialist for advice, examination and Using the drug according to the treatment regimen will be more effective In addition, it is necessary to treat local complications caused by roundworm during their migration. Worms caused by worms respond well to anti-inflammatory drugs. When worms cause inflammation, obstruction of the bile ducts, intestinal obstruction, it will be treated with some spasmolytic, analgesic and other adjuvants.
Periodic deworming medications will be used after all the symptoms of acute pain and bowel functions are restored.
How to prevent disease?
- Periodic deworming every 4 to 6 months
- Clean the daily life and cleanliness of each individual and the surrounding environment, build appropriate toilets.
- Teach children how to clean themselves and raise people's awareness of the importance of washing their hands before eating and after using the toilet.
- All vegetables, tubers, fruits need to be washed, cut or carefully cooked before eating.
- Responsibility for direct contact with dirty soil, especially in areas where habit of applying untreated fertilizer to crops
Ascaris is the most common helminthic disease worldwide. Most people are infected by poor sanitation. Therefore, people need to raise awareness and knowledge about keeping personal and family hygiene. Following the principle of "prevention rather than cure" is the most optimal way to reduce helminthic disease.
DS. Nguyen Thi Thuy. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Parasitical Worms.com Tests to find the cause of urticaria, diagnosis of urticaria results will be available throughout the day. After the results the doctor will explain, point out the abnormal signs for your child to understand and he will prescribe medication for home. Question Hello doctor: I ...Parasitical Worms.com Adult flukes are very small, 3 - 6 mm long, with 4 suction heads and a double hook, very short neck; coal consists of 3 segments, the final flukes have several hundred eggs, size 45 x 35 mcm, very similar to Toenia spp eggs. The disease is caused by the larva Echinococcus ...Parasitical Worms.com Some diseases caused by larvae of the anisakinae family parasitize marine mammals. In humans, the parasite falls into a dead-end, or severe or severe illness depending on the place of parasite, number of larvae and tissue responses. Diagnosis is often difficult and the most ...Parasitical Worms.com Illness caused by the nematode of Angiostrongylus cantonensis parasitizes and causes disease in the meninges, invasion of the brain can lead to death. Commonly called Meningitis - brain caused by Angiostrongylus cantonensis. The causative agent of nematode ...Fascioliasis is two types of fascioliasis and small liver fluke. People are infected with food, skin. Flukes can cause hepatitis, liver tumors, liver necrosis, but fortunately, liver fluke can be cured if detected early, treated in a reputable facility with a good doctor, using drugs. Good, ...Parasitical Worms.com Diagnosis is determined by seeing sparganum larvae from the wound. Clinical and prehistoric images of frog meat, eye-copying as well as the habit of eating undercooked snakes, mice, and eels are important factors for diagnosis. Doctor: Le Thi Huong Giang Medical Consultation: ...MUSHROOM DISEASE (Aspergillus) 1. Epidemiology. Aspergillus fungus is one of the largest fungal strains, present in all over the world, there are about 100 species, currently there are about 20-30 species that cause disease in humans, important strains are A. fumigatus, A. flavus , A. niger such as ...MUSHROOM DISEASE Cryptococcosis (Tolurosis, European Blastomycois) 1. Etiology and epidemiology Cryptococcosis is also known as the European Blastomycose mycosis caused by Cryptoccocus neoformans, a thick cystic yeast, has serotypes A, D (C. neoformans var. Neoformans) and B, C ( C.neoformans var. ...MUSHROOM DISEASE Sporotrichosis (Gardener Disease) 1. Epidemiology and etiology Sporotrichosis is a chronic disease caused by Sporothrix schenckii that causes damage to the skin or internal organs (also known as gardener disease - gardener's disease). This is a dimorphic mushroom. In nature, ...CANDIDA MUSHROOM 1. Germs Candidiasis is an acute, subacute or chronic disease caused by Candida-like yeasts, mostly Candida albicans. Candidiasis is available in the body (bronchus, oral cavity, intestine, vagina, skin around the anus) normally in non-pathogenic form. When having favorable ...