Signs Identify Children Infected With Helminths And How To Prevent Them
Worms are one of the causes of many illnesses and common in children. Worms are always an obsession for parents when they have young children. For tropical countries, the likelihood that children will get intestinal worms is often very high. Worms are a parasite, and the most common worms in children are hookworms and pinworms. However, the symptoms of worm infection in children will not be the same and will be different for each child.
How do helminths enter a young body?
For pinworms, it is easy to spread from person to person by way of accidentally putting objects and hands in the mouth.
The cycle of worm infection begins with the female pinworm laying eggs around the child's anus at night. This will make the child itchy, uncomfortable scratching will make the skin scratched, worm eggs cling to the hands and nails
When children's hands are in direct contact with clothes, bedding, toys and even food
Worm eggs are easily spread to many other children and all family members because they can survive outside the body for up to three weeks.
As a result, the egg will be put into the mouth and then down into the small intestine into adult worms and the egg may be around the anus.
This life cycle will continue over and over, children can infect themselves with worms and infect others.
Other types of parasitic worms such as hookworms, roundworms, helminths can also be spread by contact with contaminated soil from livestock or human feces and this is quite common. in unsanitary places.
So you can get worms if you eat something that is infected with tapeworm eggs or larvae like undercooked pork or raw beef.
Symptoms of intestinal helminth infections in children
Children infected with worms may not have any typical symptoms or may have an itchy anal area in the evening
- Often it will be uncomfortable and change in daily activities
- Restlessness, difficulty falling asleep, sometimes wetting or bedwetting.
- Suddenly lack of appetite, appetite.
- Abdominal distention, abdominal pain and stool are abnormal.
- In girls, redness and itching may occur around the vagina.
- More importantly, there may be signs of vitamin and mineral deficiencies.
- There may be blood in stool, with mild anemia or wheezing and dry cough.
The best way to tell if a child is infected with worms is to check the child's anus by looking at a light while he is sleeping, or going to the center for a stool stool.
Then you can see the worms have a thin, small, white shape that moves like a strand of about 5 to 15mm long but you cannot see the pinworm eggs with the naked eye
However, according to the doctors, you can use duct tape on the child's anus at night to detect pinworm eggs if the child shows symptoms of worm infection as above.
How to prevent and treat worm infections
To kill pinworms, you can use prescription medications prescribed by your doctor. Family members or people who have contact with children infected with worms must be examined and treated.
Disinfectant may also be used to decompose all dead worms.
After two weeks, the treatment will be repeated to ensure that no worms can remain in the body and make sure the symptoms of the worm infection have disappeared.
In addition, parents should also appreciate the importance of washing hands with soap before meals and after using the toilet.
. Do not let your baby put his hand to his mouth. Food, fruits and vegetables must be washed before eating
Make sure hygiene activities are clean, wash sheets and underwear with hot water, then bring them to the sun, after worm treatment and especially the family should also remove worms for Pets at your home.
DS. Nguyen Thi Thuy. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Parasitical Worms.com Tests to find the cause of urticaria, diagnosis of urticaria results will be available throughout the day. After the results the doctor will explain, point out the abnormal signs for your child to understand and he will prescribe medication for home. Question Hello doctor: I ...Parasitical Worms.com Adult flukes are very small, 3 - 6 mm long, with 4 suction heads and a double hook, very short neck; coal consists of 3 segments, the final flukes have several hundred eggs, size 45 x 35 mcm, very similar to Toenia spp eggs. The disease is caused by the larva Echinococcus ...Parasitical Worms.com Some diseases caused by larvae of the anisakinae family parasitize marine mammals. In humans, the parasite falls into a dead-end, or severe or severe illness depending on the place of parasite, number of larvae and tissue responses. Diagnosis is often difficult and the most ...Parasitical Worms.com Illness caused by the nematode of Angiostrongylus cantonensis parasitizes and causes disease in the meninges, invasion of the brain can lead to death. Commonly called Meningitis - brain caused by Angiostrongylus cantonensis. The causative agent of nematode ...Fascioliasis is two types of fascioliasis and small liver fluke. People are infected with food, skin. Flukes can cause hepatitis, liver tumors, liver necrosis, but fortunately, liver fluke can be cured if detected early, treated in a reputable facility with a good doctor, using drugs. Good, ...Parasitical Worms.com Diagnosis is determined by seeing sparganum larvae from the wound. Clinical and prehistoric images of frog meat, eye-copying as well as the habit of eating undercooked snakes, mice, and eels are important factors for diagnosis. Doctor: Le Thi Huong Giang Medical Consultation: ...MUSHROOM DISEASE (Aspergillus) 1. Epidemiology. Aspergillus fungus is one of the largest fungal strains, present in all over the world, there are about 100 species, currently there are about 20-30 species that cause disease in humans, important strains are A. fumigatus, A. flavus , A. niger such as ...MUSHROOM DISEASE Cryptococcosis (Tolurosis, European Blastomycois) 1. Etiology and epidemiology Cryptococcosis is also known as the European Blastomycose mycosis caused by Cryptoccocus neoformans, a thick cystic yeast, has serotypes A, D (C. neoformans var. Neoformans) and B, C ( C.neoformans var. ...MUSHROOM DISEASE Sporotrichosis (Gardener Disease) 1. Epidemiology and etiology Sporotrichosis is a chronic disease caused by Sporothrix schenckii that causes damage to the skin or internal organs (also known as gardener disease - gardener's disease). This is a dimorphic mushroom. In nature, ...CANDIDA MUSHROOM 1. Germs Candidiasis is an acute, subacute or chronic disease caused by Candida-like yeasts, mostly Candida albicans. Candidiasis is available in the body (bronchus, oral cavity, intestine, vagina, skin around the anus) normally in non-pathogenic form. When having favorable ...