Get Pregnant After Age 35
How does age affect fertility?
The woman peaks around the age of 20. By the age of 30, the fertility (ability to get pregnant) starts to decrease. The decline in fertility occurs quickly when a woman reaches the age of 35. At age 45, the fertility decreases so much that it is difficult for a woman at this age to conceive naturally.
A "healthy" couple in their 20s to early 30s, 1 in 4 women will get pregnant at every menstrual cycle. At age 40, about 1 in 10 women will get pregnant at every menstrual period. Men's fertility also decreases with age but is not as predictable as female fertility
Why does women's fertility decrease with age?
Women are born with a certain number of eggs in 2 ovaries. The number of eggs decreases gradually as the woman gets older
As women age, women are at an increased risk for disorders that can affect fertility such as uterine fibroids or endometriosis.
How does late pregnancy affect women's health?
Pregnant women over 40 years of age increase their risk of pre-eclampsia. Some of the risks are increased because older women may have more health problems when they are pregnant than younger women. For example, hypertension, which is more common in older adults, may increase the risk of pre-eclampsia. Many studies also show that older women, although they do not have any health problems, they still have pregnancy complications.
How does late pregnancy affect the baby?
The risk of a baby having chromosomal abnormalities is low when calculated for all pregnant women. For women who are pregnant late, the risk of having a chromosomal abnormality is increased
The risk of Down syndrome for babies increases with age:
- 1/1480 when Mom was 20-30 years old
- 1/940 when Mom was 30-35 years old
- 1/353 when the mother was aged 35-40
- 1/85 when Mom was 40-45 years old
- 1/35 when the mother is over 45 years old
Is there a test to check for birth defects?
Have. Prenatal screening tests can indicate a baby's risk of having a chromosomal abnormality (not all abnormalities can be known). Every pregnant woman needs advice about prenatal tests and the value of each test by her obstetrician and gynecologist
Other risks of late pregnancy
The risk of miscarriage or stillbirth is higher in women over 35 years old. Multiple pregnancies are also more common in older pregnant women
Plan to get pregnant early
You need to plan your pregnancy early: how many children will you have? When will you have your baby? ... You need to discuss it with your obstetrician and gynecologist and make a plan with you
Obstetricians and gynecologists will help you have a safe diet, exercise and lifestyle; maintain an appropriate weight before pregnancy; screening for sexually transmitted diseases, screening for inherited diseases for you and your husband; counseling of appropriate antenatal tests; Contraception advice in the period you do not want to have children
Is there any way to preserve fertility?
At present, there is no medical technology to preserve complete fertility. If you plan to get pregnant late, in vitro fertilization can help you to produce an embryo early, when you're not old, the embryo is refrigerated for many years after that and will transfer to the uterus for you to carry.
Get pregnant when you're ready.
Egg storage techniques can also help you, the eggs are removed from the frozen ovaries and IVF many years later. This technique is often used for women preparing to treat cancer, which will affect fertility in the future
If I am not pregnant, what should I do?
If you are older than 35 years of age, after 6 months of unprotected sex but still not pregnant you should see a doctor, the doctor will do tests to assess the possibility of you and your husband
If you're older than 40, see your doctor before deciding to get pregnant
Source of the article. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- We often say, "The disease comes from the mouth". In fact, in the process of pathogens entering the body, the hands play a very important role. How to practice the habit of washing hands before eating for children? Use clean hands to pick unhygienic food or use dirty hands to pick up clean food, ...Eating sweets is a common habit of many children. Many parents have discovered that children tend to like to eat sweet breakfast foods, drink soft drinks or fruit juices ... So do you know how to help your children limit their sweet food? Nutrition experts believe that most foods with high sugar ...Adulthood is the period when children form many habits. If you form a good habit, it will be beneficial for your life in the future. Japanese people pay great attention to educating children to save food, how much they cook, how much parents cook, the more their children will eat, if parents cook a ...Many families want to coax their children to eat rice, so they turn on the television, the whole family is eating while watching. For children in a developing age, eating rice needs to be attentive, not only the act of chewing - swallowing but also the activity of absorbing nutrients of the body. ...Adults often misunderstand that children eat fast and eat a lot is a sign of appetite. In fact, this way of eating is not only not beneficial for nutrient absorption but also harmful to the stomach, causing indigestion, flatulence, stomach pain ... Adults need to pay special attention when eating ...World Health Organization WHO affirms that nutritional balance can enhance immunity in children. Immunity is highly dependent on genetic factors, but cannot rule out the effects of food factors. Immunity has a close, inseparable relationship to balanced nutrition. Help your child with nutritional ...Infants need to be handled properly and mothers should always keep their bodies clean when close to their babies. So where do you need to stay clean when handling babies? The place should be kept clean when handling infants 1. Scalp Scalp research shows about 1 million bacteria per square ...Which food is good for your baby? Nutrition for your baby is very important because if you don't feed your baby properly, it will easily lead to lack of nutrients and malnutrition. Parents should refer to the baby to eat properly. Nutrition for your baby is very important Nutrition for 1 year old ...The excess need in children makes many mothers and fathers wonder and worry. You need to know how to properly supplement nutrition for overweight children to help them eat and drink enough, but not to gain weight anymore. How to add fat for overweight children Overweight children still need to add ...Work needs a plan, just keep trying, it will definitely be successful. Helping children to have a habit of working according to the plan is the concern of many parents. Currently, most children are only children, so they are very pampered by parents, even many parents help children do everything ...