Acute Diverticulitis Can Cure It?
The most serious disease associated with diverticulitis is diverticulitis. It can cause unpleasant symptoms and in some cases serious complications such as abscess, peritonitis ... can completely occur. So is diverticulitis easy to treat?
Read the article below to learn more about diverticulitis, including: how can your cause, symptoms, treatment options, and diet affect your risk of developing this disease?
What is colon excess bag?
Excess colonic sacs are small, bulging sacs that can form in the lining of the human digestive system, often found in the lower part of the colon, specifically the sigma colon (~ 95%), but sometimes it can appear in the cecum or the entire colon. Diverticulosis is a common condition in people after the age of 40 and rarely causes serious problems that affect the health of people, unless one or all of the inflamed appendix.
The formation of excess bag occurs when the body is severely deficient in fiber, making stool small, hard and difficult to excrete from the body
Then the colon in some weak positions will be increased pressure from the large intestine causing the mucosa of those weak walls to be pushed out and form small pockets. Usually, these small bags will be about 1-2cm or larger about 5-6cm.
Diverticulitis is a common disease in people after 40 years
Diverticulitis occurs when the diverticulitis is infected and the inflamed site may be in or around the excess bag. Because excess bags contain waste products, particularly feces, they get stuck and harden for a long time, enabling the bacteria that are often abundant in the stool in the colon to thrive, causing the appendix to inflame.
Symptoms of diverticulitis
Diverticulitis can cause mild to severe symptoms. These symptoms may appear suddenly or they may develop gradually over several days. Potential symptoms of diverticulosis include:
In more severe cases, patients may experience additional symptoms such as:
- Persistent or severe abdominal pain
- Nausea and vomiting
- Fever and chills
- Blood in stool appears
- Bleeding from the rectum
Abdominal pain is the most common symptom of diverticulitis and excess pain on the left side of the abdomen
medical facilities for examination.
Factors that increase the risk of diverticulitis
Some factors that may increase the risk of diverticulitis include:
Age: diverticulitis is common in people over 40 years of age. It does not happen often to people under 30 years of age. The rate of diverticulitis increases with age. Men are at higher risk for diverticulitis than women.
Genetics: If someone in your family has an appendicitis, you are also at risk.
A low-fiber diet can cause diverticulitis
Low-fiber diets: A low-fiber diet puts you at higher risk for diverticulitis and that's why Western and American countries are the countries with the highest rates of diverticulitis. introduced by a diet low in fiber and high in animal fat.
Certain medications: Drugs that are associated with an increased risk of diverticulitis, including steroids, opioids and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others) and naproxen sodium (Aleve).
In addition, factors such as obesity, being overweight and being inactive, smoking also increase the risk of diverticulitis.
Causes of diverticulitis
The main cause for determining appendicitis so far has not been fully determined. Some have suggested that increasing pressure in the colon makes the wall of the diverticulae weak and vulnerable to bacterial action leading to diverticulitis. On the other hand, experts believe that genetic and environmental factors are responsible for this condition.
Is diverticulitis dangerous?
Diverticulitis is a treatable condition if detected early and treated promptly. But if the disease progresses worse will cause dangers to the patient's body. Accordingly, some complications of diverticulitis are:
- Peritonitis: This condition occurs when the diverticulitis progresses severely or punctures, creating conditions for digestive juices or waste in the intestine to enter the abdominal cavity, leading to severe inflammation of the peritoneum.
If conjunctivitis occurs, the person should be immediately emergency.
- Rectal bleeding
- Obstruction in the colon
- Abscess, pus accumulation in excess bag
- Leakage, an abnormal connection c. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...