Aortic Aneurysm And Treatments
If you feel that the pulse in your abdomen is similar to the sudden beating of your heart, abdomen or lower back, you may have aortic aneurysm. This disease occurs in the part of the aorta, is higher in the chest and seriously affects health if not treated promptly.
Symptoms of aortic aneurysm
Symptoms of aortic aneurysm
The area of the artery with weak and bulging tone is called aortic aneurysm. The main aorta is the large blood vessel that supplies blood to the body, when a ruptured aneurysm will bleed, life-threatening. Therefore, the early detection of pathogenic symptoms will make treatment more effective:
- When you have an abdominal aortic aneurysm you will feel the pulse near the belly button, the pulse in the abdomen is similar to the heartbeat
- Severe pain, sudden pain in the lower back or in the abdomen, it may be a warning sign that the aneurysm is about to burst.
- In some cases, you may also experience soreness, paleness in the toes or feet. This is due to the fragments from the aneurysm causing small blood vessels in the feet and toes to become clogged
- If the aneurysm is broken, you will feel tired, sore, dizzy, or even lose consciousness.
Causes of aortic aneurysm
Abdominal aortic aneurysm
About 75% of all aneurysms occur in the part of the aorta in the abdomen. Although the exact cause of the condition has not been determined, the researchers believe that some of the following factors may increase the risk of the disease: Tobacco, people with hypertension, infections in the aorta (vasculitis), or due to infection or vasculitis resulting in weakened aortic wall.
Thoracic aortic aneurysm
Smoking is a cause of aortic aneurysm
About 25% of aortic aneurysms occur inside the chest. The main causes of the disease are the same as in the abdominal aortic aneurysm, in addition to: Marfan syndrome (a genetic disease that causes the risk of thoracic aortic aneurysm), trauma, aortic injury ...
Risk factors for aortic aneurysm include: Age (most often in people over 60), smokers, hypertension, atherosclerosis, people with a family history of aortic aneurysm
How to treat aortic aneurysm
The goal of treatment is to prevent aneurysms from expanding further. However, depending on the size of the aortic aneurysm as well as the degree of disease development there are different treatments:
Methods of treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysm
Treatment of small aneurysms: When a small aneurysm of abdominal aorta is found (about 4 cm in diameter or smaller) and there are no symptoms such as fatigue, accompanying pain ... the doctor may not specify surgery that suggests further follow up. The doctor will then schedule a checkup, usually an ultrasound every 6 months and will teach the patient how to monitor symptoms at home, if the back or abdominal pain is most likely. is a sign of an ablation or rupture.
Treatment of moderate aneurysms: When the abdominal aortic aneurysm is about 4 cm to less than 5.5 cm, the cardiologists will discuss and advise patients on the benefits and risks of waiting wait for follow-up versus surgery to make a final decision.
Treatment of aortic aneurysm by surgical method
Treatment of large (or rapidly growing) aneurysm: If the abdominal aortic aneurysm is about 5.5 cm or in a fast growing state, more than 0.5 cm over six months, accompanied by symptoms Leakage or pain then the patient needs surgery right away. It is possible to cut the damaged part of the aorta and use a synthetic tube (graft) to replace the old position. Endovascular method can also be used to correct aneurysms, which is a less invasive method.
Methods of treatment of thoracic aortic aneurysm
If there is a thoracic aortic aneurysm, surgery is the optimal method recommended by doctors especially when the abdominal aortic aneurysm is about 5.
5 cm or larger. In the case of Marfan syndrome, the doctor may recommend surgery for smaller aneurysms. For patients with Marfan syndrome, beta blockers slow down, preventing the development of thoracic aortic aneurysms.
How to prevent aortic aneurysm
In fact, there is no medication to prevent aortic aneurysm. Researchers believe that some antibiotics and statins may prevent the growth of small aortic aneurysms. In addition, angiotensin - losartan receptor blockers also work to limit the formation of aneurysms.
Regular exercise to prevent aortic aneurysm
The best way to prevent aortic aneurysm is to keep the blood vessels healthy with the following steps:
- Control blood pressure at a stable level.
- No smoking.
- Regularly collective. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...