Before Gastroscopy What Should Be Prepared?
Gastroscopy is the most commonly used method today in the diagnosis of gastric diseases. So, what should be prepared before the colonoscopy for this process to happen quickly, smoothly and give accurate results?
Overview of gastroscopy
Before you find out what to prepare for gastroscopy, you must understand what is gastroscopy?
Gastroscopy is a direct examination of the upper part of the digestive tract (including the esophagus, stomach, duodenum).
Specialists perform gastroscopy by using an endoscope inserted through the mouth or nose to the esophagus and then to the stomach and duodenum for diagnosis. The images will help doctors detect abnormalities that appear in the digestive tract to diagnose and treat gastrointestinal diseases.
Gastroscopy is the most popular method today, helping to find the cause, determine the exact level of pathology and conduct early cancer screening for treatment.
Gastroscopy helps diagnose stomach diseases accurately
In order for the endoscopy process to be most effective and prevent the patient from feeling nervous before proceeding to perform the colonoscopy, you should find out before the procedure of gastroscopy.
- Need to carefully watch the note when gastroscopy and perform before gastroscopy.
- In case you are indicated for a gastroscopy, you need to do some necessary clinical tests
- Then, before going to the endoscopy room, the doctor will advise on the method of endoscopy, possible complications after the colonoscopy and answer questions of patients.
If you agree to perform the procedure, you need to sign a shoe that accepts the gastroscopy in accordance with the regulations.
- Devices to support blood pressure, heart rate, blood oxygen concentration are always attached to the patient for careful monitoring. Your doctor may anesthetize you, anesthetic will relax you and sleep you will not feel uncomfortable or painful during gastroscopy.
- During colonoscopy, the patient will lie on his left side, not moving, struggling to perform a probe of the organs of the digestive tract. The doctor will use the endoscope to observe, find abnormalities, and examine issues to be assessed for diagnosis and treatment.
- Some cases may require a tissue sample called a biopsy to be taken and sent to a lab for further examination under a microscope. Endoscopy can be used to treat cases of stomach bleeding, stomach bleeding, etc
- Gastroscopy usually takes about 15 minutes or longer if you have to treat a medical condition.
- After the procedure, you will be cared for in the recovery area until the anesthetic wears off. You may feel tense or bloated.
- The doctor treating you will inform you about the endoscopy results and other necessary information. Doctors will also give advice after performing the colonoscopy.
Subjects need gastroscopy
Gastroscopy is the most accurate method for diagnosing gastric conditions. Most patients suspected of having gastrointestinal diseases have gastroscopy. When you experience the following symptoms, you need a gastric exam and endoscopy so that your doctor can diagnose and recommend the most accurate treatment:
- Pain in the upper abdomen, epigastric region.
- Vomiting and nausea, vomiting blood.
- Heartburn, belching.
- bloating, bloating, indigestion.
- Burning, chest pain.
- Going outside the black stool.
- Anemia, unexplained weight loss.
- After the treatment, you may need a colonoscopy to check the effectiveness of the previous treatment.
If you have digestive problems, you should go for gastroscopy right away
Stomach endoscopy methods
The doctor performs a gastroscopy using a soft endoscope with control buttons including a light and imaging device that records the inside of the esophagus, stomach and duodenum. Currently, there are methods of gastroscopy such as:
- Oral gastroscopy: This is the traditional method of gastric endoscopy most commonly used today.
During the colonoscopy, doctors will take the endoscope from the mouth through the throat, down the stomach and duodenum to observe and diagnose the disease. This method is highly accurate, easy to implement. However, due to the large, flexible endoscope going through the mouth, patients will induce nausea and discomfort.
- Endoscopy of gastric by nasal passages: A method of using a small endoscope, inserted through the nasal anesthetic, through the throat and then down to organs such as the esophagus, stomach, duodenum, duodenum to observe the mucosal surface of the upper digestive tract. From there, it is possible to detect injuries if any. Patients minimize discomfort, do not cause nausea during laparoscopy. This method is appreciated for its safety and effectiveness because it does not require anesthesia and causes little changes in blood pressure or heart rate. The time to prepare and conduct colonoscopy is quite fast, only takes about 15 minutes.
- Gastroscopy with capsules: Is an endoscopy method with modern techniques. Endoscopic capsule with a camera attached. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...