Bleeding Outside Menstruation
Women are only used to monthly bleeding, called menstruation, which is essentially endometrial flaking due to the effects of hormones. Therefore, when you see the blood out period is often very afraid. However, most of these abnormal phenomena are due to benign pathologies.
When is bleeding abnormal?
Unusual bleeding can include things like low bleeding between two periods - often observed after urination and bloodshot on the toilet paper, or heavy bleeding during menstruation to the point of wet sanitary pads. through the first hour could have been a few hours. Every week of vaginal bleeding is also considered abnormal.
Should we be worried when we see abnormal blood?
Much depends on age and other conditions. If premenopausal, it is normal to have mild intermenstrual bleeding for a few days before menstruation
If you are starting a birth control pill, you may experience sudden bleeding during the first few months of taking the pill.
If you are already at menopause or after menopause and you are receiving regular replacement hormone therapy (that is, you take a daily estrogen plus a progestin taken for 10-12 days per month), you may bleed from stopping. The medicine is like a menstrual period for a few days.
If bleeding is not the same as "bleeding from stopping the drug", you should consult your doctor. Girls who have not reached puberty yet have abnormal bleeding is very concerned.
Female infants may notice vaginal bleeding for a few days without concern (due to the effects of the hormone passed from the mother), but if prolonged, they should consult a doctor. In general, if a woman sees abnormal bleeding, she needs to see a doctor.
Should I be concerned about having a hysterectomy and still bleeding?
Some hysterectomy is not complete, leaving the cervix should be able to bleed from the cervix or vagina.
Is unusual bleeding outside the period period a cancer?
Most cases of vaginal bleeding outside of your period are caused by benign conditions. In premenopausal women, bleeding outside of menstrual periods is usually due to fluctuations in hormones, not cancer.
In older women, especially postmenopausal women, vaginal bleeding may be due to gynecological cancer, but it may also be due to benign disease.
Some women have risk factors for developing cancer of the uterus, cervix or vagina, and should be checked by a doctor for these risk factors.
Which gynecological diseases often cause vaginal bleeding?
Vaginal bleeding may be a symptom of some of the following gynecological diseases:
- Menstrual disorders
- fluctuating hormone levels
- Vaginitis (an infection that can be cured)
- Varicose veins of the vulva (varicose veins and can be scratched)
- Tumors, polyps or fibroids of the vagina, cervix, uterus or fallopian tubes
- Cervical flap, a common disease in young women, especially women taking birth control pills, cervical tissue becomes prone to slippery, often bleeding after intercourse
- Cancer of the uterus, cervix, vagina or vulva
- Some sexually transmitted diseases such as chlamydia, gonorrhea or genital warts
- Vaginal injury due to trauma or sexual abuse, early pregnancy or ectopic pregnancy
- Pregnancy complications such as stillbirth
When abnormal vaginal bleeding, what to do?
If you are sexually active or over the age of 18, you should be screened and have a Pap smear once a year.
However, if there has been normal smear results for 3 consecutive years, this survey may be sparse. If there is abnormal vaginal bleeding, tell your doctor.
Don't worry too much because in most cases it's benign.
However, there are 2 cases that need to see a doctor immediately: 1 hour soaked with tampons or pregnant and bleeding.
When taking oral contraceptive pills or being treated with hormone replacement therapy should follow the instructions of your doctor..
- The World Health Organization has warned of an antibiotic crisis, meaning that antibiotics will become more and more useless due to drug-resistant bacteria. We could soon run out of all new antibiotics and start dying from infections that we learned to treat 100 years ago. The catastrophe could be ...According to Assoc. Dr. Tran Dac Phu, complicated changes of pathogens caused by viruses and bacteria are the cause of many diseases (especially in the summer) in many countries, including Vietnam. Mr. Phu shared, besides the diseases that have been eliminated, such as smallpox, polio, neonatal ...According to Assoc. On the one hand, acknowledging the results achieved in the prevention of epidemics in Vietnam over the past time, Mr. Tran Dac Phu still expressed his concern about the constant change of viruses and bacteria, especially in summer time. Hot weather combined with other factors ...Avoid going outdoors when the sun is hot in the middle of the day, trying to drink enough water with little other feeling, wear anti-glare glasses ... are things the elderly should pay attention to during the dry season to limit the risk of stroke. Lan Lan () Lan Lan () According to the search key: ...80% of the population suffers from life back problems, low back pain is the most common cause of disability in the world. Le Nguyen (Theo Visually) According to theNew US research shows that divorced people are at a higher risk of heart attack than groups of the same age who are maintaining marriage. Photo: BBC. The study, published in the journal Circulation, argues that the chronic stress caused by divorce has long-term effects on a person's overall health. ...Passive smoking increases the risk of gum disease by 62%, according to new research by the University of North Carolina scientists. The above results are drawn after analyzing the medical records of more than 3,000 non-smokers aged 20. Volunteers are given oral examination and blood samples are ...Scientists have taken breathing air samples from hundreds of patients to analyze the chemical integration, helping to detect the potential risk of stomach cancer. Stomach cancer can be detected early through the breath. Photo: BBC. According to the BBC, stomach cancer affects about 7,300 people in ...Avoid spicy and sour foods until the sores heal. You can rinse your mouth with warm, thin salt water 2 times a day. An oral ulcer can be a manifestation of many diseases such as canker sores (often referred to as canker sores), ulcers caused by the herpes virus, ulcers caused by bacteria that cause ...Sunstroke, boils, diarrhea, malaria ... are children's diseases that can be encountered in the summer and you can completely help prevent them in a number of simple and effective ways. Sun stroke Summer can be great for kids because it's not learning and just having fun makes them excited. Children ...