Brain Damage In Children When Shaken
The muscles of the baby's neck are still weak so it is not enough to keep the head in a stable position. Therefore, when shaking strongly, a child's brain is moved back and forth with high intensity in the skull, resulting in brain damage and other nerve structures.
Age group often suffer brain damage under this mechanism is the infant or infant, an average of 3 - 8 months; sometimes occurs in children older than 4 years. The lesions occur depending on the severity of the action such as: rupture of brain blood vessels and nerve fibers, tear brain tissue, brain suppression and cerebral hemorrhage.
Children may die due to severe brain damage or disseminated progression. If the child survives the neurological sequelae are very heavy: may be blind; deaf; seizures, epilepsy; motor mental retardation; weakness; stupid; difficulties in learning and using languages; Lack of concentration and memory.
Manifestations of children when newly hurt
- Increased irritation
- Poor feeding and swallowing
- Lack of ability to laugh and pronounce.
- Shortness of breath.
- Conscious disorders.
- Irregular pupils
- Loss of head lifting ability.
- Loss of ability to see or focus eyes.
Mild cases may initially be absent but lesions continue to develop, sometimes with sequelae when the child is at school age. At that time, it is difficult to recognize the abnormal manifestations of the child because the brain was previously damaged by the strong shaking.
Treatment and prevention These injuries often have severe consequences, so the treatment is extremely difficult and ineffective, mainly with rehabilitation and a special education regime for children.
These severe consequences are entirely preventable, mainly due to the awareness of parents and caregivers of the risk of brain damage when the child is shaken too hard.
We often feel stressed and upset when a baby cries, which can easily lead to violent acts such as being abducted by a child or holding a baby's shoulders vigorously. The following ways can stop crying quickly and help parents reduce discomfort:
- Swing your baby gently in your hand or in the crib. - Wrap a baby's blanket or blanket with a sense of security and warmth.
- Make strange noises to get your baby's attention.
- Give your baby toys with sound.
- Sing, lullaby or talk to your baby.
- Breastfeed or bottle.
- Put the baby close to the mother and breathe slowly, gently.
If the baby is still crying a lot, we should consider: if the baby is hungry, the diaper is wet, there are signs of illness such as fever, difficulty swallowing, indigestion, abdominal pain ...
If there are abnormal symptoms, should Take your baby to the doctor for examination. Parents should know how to manage their emotions, avoid child care stresses, and alert child care participants to the dangers of being shaken.
See more ways to take care of your baby here.
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...