Brain Damage In Children When Shaken
The muscles of the baby's neck are still weak so it is not enough to keep the head in a stable position. Therefore, when shaking strongly, a child's brain is moved back and forth with high intensity in the skull, resulting in brain damage and other nerve structures.
Age group often suffer brain damage under this mechanism is the infant or infant, an average of 3 - 8 months; sometimes occurs in children older than 4 years. The lesions occur depending on the severity of the action such as: rupture of brain blood vessels and nerve fibers, tear brain tissue, brain suppression and cerebral hemorrhage.
Children may die due to severe brain damage or disseminated progression. If the child survives the neurological sequelae are very heavy: may be blind; deaf; seizures, epilepsy; motor mental retardation; weakness; stupid; difficulties in learning and using languages; Lack of concentration and memory.
Manifestations of children when newly hurt
- Increased irritation
- Poor feeding and swallowing
- Lack of ability to laugh and pronounce.
- Shortness of breath.
- Conscious disorders.
- Irregular pupils
- Loss of head lifting ability.
- Loss of ability to see or focus eyes.
Mild cases may initially be absent but lesions continue to develop, sometimes with sequelae when the child is at school age. At that time, it is difficult to recognize the abnormal manifestations of the child because the brain was previously damaged by the strong shaking.
Treatment and prevention These injuries often have severe consequences, so the treatment is extremely difficult and ineffective, mainly with rehabilitation and a special education regime for children.
These severe consequences are entirely preventable, mainly due to the awareness of parents and caregivers of the risk of brain damage when the child is shaken too hard.
We often feel stressed and upset when a baby cries, which can easily lead to violent acts such as being abducted by a child or holding a baby's shoulders vigorously. The following ways can stop crying quickly and help parents reduce discomfort:
- Swing your baby gently in your hand or in the crib. - Wrap a baby's blanket or blanket with a sense of security and warmth.
- Make strange noises to get your baby's attention.
- Give your baby toys with sound.
- Sing, lullaby or talk to your baby.
- Breastfeed or bottle.
- Put the baby close to the mother and breathe slowly, gently.
If the baby is still crying a lot, we should consider: if the baby is hungry, the diaper is wet, there are signs of illness such as fever, difficulty swallowing, indigestion, abdominal pain ...
If there are abnormal symptoms, should Take your baby to the doctor for examination. Parents should know how to manage their emotions, avoid child care stresses, and alert child care participants to the dangers of being shaken.
See more ways to take care of your baby here.
- The World Health Organization has warned of an antibiotic crisis, meaning that antibiotics will become more and more useless due to drug-resistant bacteria. We could soon run out of all new antibiotics and start dying from infections that we learned to treat 100 years ago. The catastrophe could be ...According to Assoc. Dr. Tran Dac Phu, complicated changes of pathogens caused by viruses and bacteria are the cause of many diseases (especially in the summer) in many countries, including Vietnam. Mr. Phu shared, besides the diseases that have been eliminated, such as smallpox, polio, neonatal ...According to Assoc. On the one hand, acknowledging the results achieved in the prevention of epidemics in Vietnam over the past time, Mr. Tran Dac Phu still expressed his concern about the constant change of viruses and bacteria, especially in summer time. Hot weather combined with other factors ...Avoid going outdoors when the sun is hot in the middle of the day, trying to drink enough water with little other feeling, wear anti-glare glasses ... are things the elderly should pay attention to during the dry season to limit the risk of stroke. Lan Lan () Lan Lan () According to the search key: ...80% of the population suffers from life back problems, low back pain is the most common cause of disability in the world. Le Nguyen (Theo Visually) According to theNew US research shows that divorced people are at a higher risk of heart attack than groups of the same age who are maintaining marriage. Photo: BBC. The study, published in the journal Circulation, argues that the chronic stress caused by divorce has long-term effects on a person's overall health. ...Passive smoking increases the risk of gum disease by 62%, according to new research by the University of North Carolina scientists. The above results are drawn after analyzing the medical records of more than 3,000 non-smokers aged 20. Volunteers are given oral examination and blood samples are ...Scientists have taken breathing air samples from hundreds of patients to analyze the chemical integration, helping to detect the potential risk of stomach cancer. Stomach cancer can be detected early through the breath. Photo: BBC. According to the BBC, stomach cancer affects about 7,300 people in ...Avoid spicy and sour foods until the sores heal. You can rinse your mouth with warm, thin salt water 2 times a day. An oral ulcer can be a manifestation of many diseases such as canker sores (often referred to as canker sores), ulcers caused by the herpes virus, ulcers caused by bacteria that cause ...Sunstroke, boils, diarrhea, malaria ... are children's diseases that can be encountered in the summer and you can completely help prevent them in a number of simple and effective ways. Sun stroke Summer can be great for kids because it's not learning and just having fun makes them excited. Children ...