Constipation – Do Not Underestimate!
Constipation is one of the most common symptoms of digestive system pathology and is a symptom of many pathologies in other organs of the body. Although small symptoms do not affect the quality of life much, they cause a lot of inconvenience to patients, and huge economic losses.
In many people, constipation is less likely to defecate. However, for others, constipation means hard, dry stools that have to strain, or a feeling of stools in the bowel after defecation. The number of bowel movements often decreases with age. In 95% of adults, 3 to 21 stools per week are considered normal. The most common form is to defecate once a day.
What causes constipation?
There are many causes, but it can be divided into two main causes:
Functional causes group
Systemic disease: high fever, postoperative, because dehydration is dry
Due to medication: they are addictive pain relievers such as codeine, oxycodone, hdrophormone; antidepressants such as amitriptylene (Elavil) and imipramine (Tofranil); antiepileptic drugs such as phenytoin (Dilantin) and carbamazepine (Tegretol); calcium channel blockers such as diltiazem (Cardizem) and nifedipine (Procardia); aluminum containing antacids such as Amphogel, phosphalugel and Basaljel .
Due to the habit: defecation reflexes can be adjusted as desired. This means that an ordinary person can prevent the urge to urinate. However, preventing the feeling of frequent bowel movements will lead to a loss of urgency and constipation.
Due to the diet: fiber is important for maintaining soft, large stools. Therefore, low fiber diets can cause constipation
Due to laxatives: one of the suspected causes of severe constipation is the abuse of laxative stimulants (such as acacia, castor oil, and some herbs). Using colon stimulants causes abnormal cycles, then damage can cause constipation and more laxative stimulation is needed.
There are also a number of other causes such as: due to reflexes, due to sitting a lot, because the elderly lie down for a long time, due to nervous tension ...
Real cause group
Injury to the digestive tract
- Impeding circulation: u, tight ...
- Colon deformity: large, long or medium to too long.
- Chronic colitis may have spasms.
- Irritable bowel syndrome.
- Anal rectal injury: hemorrhoids, rectal stenosis.
Injury outside the digestive tract.
- Pregnant in the last month.
- Uterine, prostate, postoperative adhesion.
- Brain damage to the brain: meningococcal hypertension damages the spinal cord, meningeal syndrome .
How to treat constipation?
In addition to root cause treatment, it is necessary to treat constipation according to the cause.
- If due to side effects of the drug, you can ask the doctor to stop the drug or change another drug.
- If due to unreasonable eating and drinking, must improve eating, eating more fiber and fiber (green vegetables 200 - 300g / day), drinking lots of water (2 - 2.5 liters / day), eating more foods laxative products such as jute vegetables, spinach, sweet potatoes, loofahs, sweets, cocoa, chocolate ...
abstain from drinking solid tea, coffee and alcohol.
- If due to disorder of defecation reflexes: restore reflexes by peeing on time, go right after the first time of bowel, do not hold fast, do not have a bowel movement on time to create gradual reflexes to defecate .
- Finally, the use of laxatives, there are many different laxatives depending on the mechanism of action: Fiber and mucus (food fibers, agar agar) Laxatives and stool softeners ( Vaseline or paraphin oil) Osmotic laxatives (Forlax, Fortrans) Laxatives that stimulate peristalsis (Phenolphtalein, Bisacodyl) Topical laxatives (glycerin suppositories, suppositories with Bysacodyl), when used These drugs should be prescribed by a doctor.
Constipation is a common symptom in life, most people think that it is not complicated and have disregarded symptoms, self-treatment because they think that just using laxatives is enough. That condition will lead to many consequences such as hemorrhoids, desert rectal mucosa ... It is best to see a doctor to find the cause and the right treatment to avoid abuse of laxatives.
MSc. Nguyen Hai. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...