Constipation – Do Not Underestimate!
Constipation is one of the most common symptoms of digestive system pathology and is a symptom of many pathologies in other organs of the body. Although small symptoms do not affect the quality of life much, they cause a lot of inconvenience to patients, and huge economic losses.
In many people, constipation is less likely to defecate. However, for others, constipation means hard, dry stools that have to strain, or a feeling of stools in the bowel after defecation. The number of bowel movements often decreases with age. In 95% of adults, 3 to 21 stools per week are considered normal. The most common form is to defecate once a day.
What causes constipation?
There are many causes, but it can be divided into two main causes:
Functional causes group
Systemic disease: high fever, postoperative, because dehydration is dry
Due to medication: they are addictive pain relievers such as codeine, oxycodone, hdrophormone; antidepressants such as amitriptylene (Elavil) and imipramine (Tofranil); antiepileptic drugs such as phenytoin (Dilantin) and carbamazepine (Tegretol); calcium channel blockers such as diltiazem (Cardizem) and nifedipine (Procardia); aluminum containing antacids such as Amphogel, phosphalugel and Basaljel .
Due to the habit: defecation reflexes can be adjusted as desired. This means that an ordinary person can prevent the urge to urinate. However, preventing the feeling of frequent bowel movements will lead to a loss of urgency and constipation.
Due to the diet: fiber is important for maintaining soft, large stools. Therefore, low fiber diets can cause constipation
Due to laxatives: one of the suspected causes of severe constipation is the abuse of laxative stimulants (such as acacia, castor oil, and some herbs). Using colon stimulants causes abnormal cycles, then damage can cause constipation and more laxative stimulation is needed.
There are also a number of other causes such as: due to reflexes, due to sitting a lot, because the elderly lie down for a long time, due to nervous tension ...
Real cause group
Injury to the digestive tract
- Impeding circulation: u, tight ...
- Colon deformity: large, long or medium to too long.
- Chronic colitis may have spasms.
- Irritable bowel syndrome.
- Anal rectal injury: hemorrhoids, rectal stenosis.
Injury outside the digestive tract.
- Pregnant in the last month.
- Uterine, prostate, postoperative adhesion.
- Brain damage to the brain: meningococcal hypertension damages the spinal cord, meningeal syndrome .
How to treat constipation?
In addition to root cause treatment, it is necessary to treat constipation according to the cause.
- If due to side effects of the drug, you can ask the doctor to stop the drug or change another drug.
- If due to unreasonable eating and drinking, must improve eating, eating more fiber and fiber (green vegetables 200 - 300g / day), drinking lots of water (2 - 2.5 liters / day), eating more foods laxative products such as jute vegetables, spinach, sweet potatoes, loofahs, sweets, cocoa, chocolate ...
abstain from drinking solid tea, coffee and alcohol.
- If due to disorder of defecation reflexes: restore reflexes by peeing on time, go right after the first time of bowel, do not hold fast, do not have a bowel movement on time to create gradual reflexes to defecate .
- Finally, the use of laxatives, there are many different laxatives depending on the mechanism of action: Fiber and mucus (food fibers, agar agar) Laxatives and stool softeners ( Vaseline or paraphin oil) Osmotic laxatives (Forlax, Fortrans) Laxatives that stimulate peristalsis (Phenolphtalein, Bisacodyl) Topical laxatives (glycerin suppositories, suppositories with Bysacodyl), when used These drugs should be prescribed by a doctor.
Constipation is a common symptom in life, most people think that it is not complicated and have disregarded symptoms, self-treatment because they think that just using laxatives is enough. That condition will lead to many consequences such as hemorrhoids, desert rectal mucosa ... It is best to see a doctor to find the cause and the right treatment to avoid abuse of laxatives.
MSc. Nguyen Hai. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- The World Health Organization has warned of an antibiotic crisis, meaning that antibiotics will become more and more useless due to drug-resistant bacteria. We could soon run out of all new antibiotics and start dying from infections that we learned to treat 100 years ago. The catastrophe could be ...According to Assoc. Dr. Tran Dac Phu, complicated changes of pathogens caused by viruses and bacteria are the cause of many diseases (especially in the summer) in many countries, including Vietnam. Mr. Phu shared, besides the diseases that have been eliminated, such as smallpox, polio, neonatal ...According to Assoc. On the one hand, acknowledging the results achieved in the prevention of epidemics in Vietnam over the past time, Mr. Tran Dac Phu still expressed his concern about the constant change of viruses and bacteria, especially in summer time. Hot weather combined with other factors ...Avoid going outdoors when the sun is hot in the middle of the day, trying to drink enough water with little other feeling, wear anti-glare glasses ... are things the elderly should pay attention to during the dry season to limit the risk of stroke. Lan Lan () Lan Lan () According to the search key: ...80% of the population suffers from life back problems, low back pain is the most common cause of disability in the world. Le Nguyen (Theo Visually) According to theNew US research shows that divorced people are at a higher risk of heart attack than groups of the same age who are maintaining marriage. Photo: BBC. The study, published in the journal Circulation, argues that the chronic stress caused by divorce has long-term effects on a person's overall health. ...Passive smoking increases the risk of gum disease by 62%, according to new research by the University of North Carolina scientists. The above results are drawn after analyzing the medical records of more than 3,000 non-smokers aged 20. Volunteers are given oral examination and blood samples are ...Scientists have taken breathing air samples from hundreds of patients to analyze the chemical integration, helping to detect the potential risk of stomach cancer. Stomach cancer can be detected early through the breath. Photo: BBC. According to the BBC, stomach cancer affects about 7,300 people in ...Avoid spicy and sour foods until the sores heal. You can rinse your mouth with warm, thin salt water 2 times a day. An oral ulcer can be a manifestation of many diseases such as canker sores (often referred to as canker sores), ulcers caused by the herpes virus, ulcers caused by bacteria that cause ...Sunstroke, boils, diarrhea, malaria ... are children's diseases that can be encountered in the summer and you can completely help prevent them in a number of simple and effective ways. Sun stroke Summer can be great for kids because it's not learning and just having fun makes them excited. Children ...