Deafness In The Elderly And What To Know
Following the article on hearing loss in the elderly, this article will learn about the consequence of this disease that is about deafness in the elderly.
Most people with hearing loss in the elderly do not become completely deaf, but deafness in the elderly indicates a significant loss of sound and the elderly actually have difficulty with the condition. old.
Deaf in the elderly
At the same age, men often have more severe hearing loss than women, depending on the living environment and different conditions, the deafness will occur sooner or later in each person. Elderly people who are deaf often tend to feel isolated, lonely, believe that people are ignored and do not care, so they may lead to autism and depression
Deafness is also classified into the following four categories:
Sensory hearing loss: often with slow development and coming from the middle ear, this type of deafness is affected by high-frequency sounds.
Deafness due to nerve: often due to genetic factors and manifest quite late. The disease appears with dementia, neurological impairment, memory, difficulty in coordinating limbs
Metabolic deafness: Usually occurs naturally for people of middle age.
Hearing loss due to cochlea: Hearing audiograms show sound results in a symmetrical form and a gradual downward trend.
The main cause of deafness
Ear sclerosis (otosclerosis): Ear sclerosis usually occurs in the normal eardrum and the hereditary rate is 50-60%. The cause of the disease is due to the stiffness of the conduction bones, the sound transmission in the hearing part of the middle ear that leads to conductive deafness. Sometimes the cochlear nervous system is also affected, resulting in deaf reception.
Deafness from toxins: In fact, we often accidentally accidentally poison the ears by taking some drugs that have toxic components such as aminoglycoside antibiotics such as streptomycin, kanamycin, neomycin, gentamycin, tobramycin, amikacine. and viomycin, ethacrynic and furosemide diuretics, salicylates, quinine and chloroquine.
High doses of salicylate cause deafness but are reversible, accompanied by tinnitus, dizziness
Furosemide may cause temporary deafness ...
Ear toxins should not be used by the elderly, especially those who are deaf or have kidney failure. In such cases, audiograms should be taken as soon as the medication is started and repeated to monitor and record drug-related changes. Vestibular lesions occur silently, especially in long-lying patients.
Tumors that affect hearing: Some tumors near the hearing organ can cause hearing loss.
Screening helps detect deafness
- Weber test: 512 Hz tuning is placed in the middle of the line on the forehead.
Normal people will get a uniform vibration in both ears. People with conductive deafness will get bigger vibrations on the sick side.
- Rinne test: Need a tuning fork and press well; and then the tuning fork is placed in front of the outer ear canal. Typically, the vibrating sound will be heard louder on the outer ear canal (air conduction sound is louder than bone). Otherwise the conductive deafness.
- Complete listener: Assessing the monophonic and receiver of speech and eardrum. Sources for single sound at 1 or 1/2 octave intervals achieve frequencies between 250 - 8000Hz. The tests are performed either by air conduction or by bone conduction (the tuning fork is applied to the mastoid bone).
- Language intake threshold: It is defined as the level that the patient can recognize exactly 50% of the words with equivalent accents (eg cowboy). The recipient of the speech should be about 10 dB of the single negative average.. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...