Decompensated Cirrhosis: Warning Danger Of Life
Decompensated cirrhosis is end-stage cirrhosis, with dangerous complications that can even affect the lives of patients. So how long does cirrhosis decompensate for how long and how to treat to prolong life for patients? Follow the article below to get the necessary information.
What is decompensated cirrhosis?
Decompensated cirrhosis, or ascites cirrhosis, is the final stage of cirrhosis. At this time, the liver cells, liver tissue have been fibrosized, not working properly, leading to seriously impaired liver function. Non-fibrosized liver cells that cannot function to compensate for the fibrosis are called decompensated cirrhosis.
The liver condition at this stage of fibrosis is seriously damaged, unable to recover, regenerate new cells. Therefore, the treatment also plays a role in reducing symptoms, preventing dangerous complications, prolonging life for patients.
Symptoms of decompensated cirrhosis
In the early stages of the disease, undeveloped liver cells can compensate for fibrosis cells (called compensated cirrhosis) so the liver is still functioning normally, the symptoms are not clear
Decompensated cirrhosis is a very serious condition that can be life threatening
Visceral hemorrhage is a common symptom of decompensated cirrhosis, according to statistics, up to 50% of patients encounter this symptom when diagnosed decompensated cirrhosis.
The reason is that the veins in the liver's portal dilate, bulge, rupture, causing bleeding.
Abdominal distention - ascites
Another common symptom in decompensated cirrhosis is abdominal distention - ascites, which accounts for 85%. This is the condition of the abdomen of the patient, which is increasingly enlarged, the abdominal skin is tight, conspicuous, the blood vessels under the skin of the abdomen emerge, making the patient uncomfortable and painful.
Another common symptom is edema in decompensated cirrhosis. The cause is fibrous liver cells, impaired liver function, not purifying and excreting toxins out. Therefore, water and fluids will accumulate, causing patients to have lower extremities edema, even more severe than the whole body edema.
Gold eyes, skin
The most noticeable symptoms with the naked eye are jaundice, yellowing of the eyes
The reason is due to severe impaired liver function, the amount of bilirubin will accumulate in the skin, eye mucosa leading to jaundice, yellow eyes.
When the decompensated cirrhosis situation worsens, the person will develop symptoms of hepatic encephalopathy, also known as hepatic encephalopathy. The reason is that the liver loses its detoxification and detoxification function, causing many toxins to build up in the blood, especially ammonia, leading to an increase in the concentration of ammonia in the blood and brain.
When this symptom appears, the patient has changes in behavior, gradually losing consciousness, body weakness, blurred vision, fatigue ... If not intervened in time, this symptom can be life threatening. sick people's network.
Cirrhosis can cause bloating and bloating
Causes of decompensated cirrhosis
The main cause of decompensated cirrhosis is undiagnosed cirrhosis, which is treated promptly leading to worsening condition, which leads to the final stage of decompensated cirrhosis. Typical causes are:
- Due to the viral hepatitis virus (Hepatitis B, C), this is the main cause of cirrhosis and decompensated cirrhosis.
- Due to excessive use of alcohol, beer, cigarettes causes the liver to overload, continuous operation to purify and eliminate toxins, leading to impaired liver function, liver cell destruction, causing cirrhosis, cirrhosis decompensated liver.
- Fatty liver not caused by alcohol
There are also other causes such as:
- Due to iron accumulation in the body, excess iron, or high iron content (hemochromatosis); Cystic fibrosis; Copper accumulation disease in the liver (Wilson); Diseases related to bile such as obstruction, primary biliary tract inflammation, primary sclerosing cholangitis ...; Genetic metabolic disorder (galatose or glycogen); Hereditary digestive disorders (alagille); Due to drugs such as: methotrexate (Rheumatrex), amiodarone (cordarone) and methyldopa (Aldemet)
Complications of decompensated cirrhosis
Decompensated cirrhosis is a period of severe impaired liver function, unable to recover and regenerate new cells. Therefore causing many complications, such as:
Cirrhosis of the liver
Cirrhosis causes the liver to be unable to synthesize proteins and blood, causing fluid retention, increasing pressure and reducing capillary permeability.
In addition, the amount of albumin in the blood decreases, causing water and other components to enter the abdominal cavity and cause edema. At this time, the belly is becoming bigger and bigger, containing more fluid so the skin is tight, the blood vessels are prominent. The greater the ascites fluid in the abdominal cavity, the more the pressure in the abdomen will cause the patient pain and discomfort.
As mentioned above, 50% of patients diagnosed with ascites cirrhosis will experience complications of gastrointestinal bleeding due to dilatation and rupture of veins of the esophagus and aneurysm.. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...