Dietary Guidelines For Pregnant Women With Gestational Diabetes
A healthy diet is very important for pregnant women, building a diet with enough energy and balanced nutrients will support the prevention and treatment of gestational diabetes.
What is gestational diabetes?
Gestational diabetes occurs in pregnant women, which is a disorder of the body's insulin metabolism.
The role of the hormone insulin is to help blood glucose move to cells to create the energy needed to sustain life. During pregnancy, the mother's body is automatically resistant to mild insulin so that the blood glucose level is slightly higher and transmitted to the fetus.
In many cases, this process is so excessive that the body no longer responds to insulin or does not make enough insulin, leading to increased blood sugar and causing gestational diabetes
Complications of gestational diabetes
If the mother has gestational diabetes, the baby may be at increased risk:
Excess weight at birth
Mothers with higher than normal blood sugar levels can cause babies to be overweight at birth.
High blood sugar may increase the risk of early labor and preterm delivery before the due date.
Shortness of breath
Babies born early to mothers with gestational diabetes may experience respiratory distress syndrome - a condition that causes shortness of breath
Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
Sometimes babies born to mothers with gestational diabetes have low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) soon after birth.
Severe episodes of hypoglycemia can cause seizures in a child.
Obesity and type 2 diabetes
Babies of mothers with gestational diabetes are at risk of developing obesity and type 2 diabetes as they get older.
Untreated gestational diabetes can lead to stillbirth.
Principles for building a diet for pregnant women with gestational diabetes
Pregnant women with gestational diabetes should follow the nutritional principles below:
- Minimize foods high in sugar, starch because it will lead to a disruption of the blood sugar balance because insulin in the body cannot convert all the sugar from the outside.
- Protein supplement through foods such as chicken breast, fish, eggs or egg whites (1 fruit / week)
- Actively eat a lot of vegetables, fresh fruits, eat boiled vegetables instead of stir-fried vegetables.
- Divide the diet at each meal, avoid overeating. Eat on time, do not skip meals
Aims to build a diet for pregnant women with gestational diabetes
A healthy diet is very important for pregnant women, building a diet with enough energy and balanced nutrients will solve the following problems:
- Support to bring the blood glucose level to normal level: Adjust the diet to prevent blood sugar level from rising sharply or falling too much.
- Protect the heart well, control blood pressure, do not eat heart-healthy fats.
- Weight during pregnancy at a reasonable level
- Prevent and reduce the occurrence of complications of diabetes
- Protect the health of the pregnant mother, healthy the mother, the optimistic spirit
Foods to eat for pregnant women with gestational diabetes
Pregnant women should focus on a diet that includes the following beneficial foods:
- Lean meats, tofu, yogurt, low-fat / fat-free and no-sugar milk
- Legumes, brown rice, less sweet fruits and vegetables
- Split meals during the day (3 main meals and 1-2 snacks) to ensure not to raise blood sugar too high after meals and to prevent blood sugar lowering before meals
Foods to avoid for pregnant women with gestational diabetes
Minimize the non-beneficial foods as follows:
- Foods that easily cause hyperglycemia such as confectionery, ice cream, tea, too sweet fruits ...
- Do not cook foods that are too salty and do not eat processed foods or canned foods
Limit eating fried fried foods that are high in fat, or high in fat
- Limit the use of soft drinks, carbonated drinks and stimulants
Nutrition menu for pregnant women with gestational diabetes
Some simple dishes are suitable for breakfast:
- Fried eggs with bread and salad
- Pho, rice noodles, noodles with bean sprouts
- Oatmeal cooked with minced meat
A glass of unsweetened milk after breakfast is great for mom and baby.
Lunch and dinner
The menu for lunch and dinner will be richer, but only certain carbohydrates will be maintained. Can choose the dish that suits your preferences but still ensures the necessary nutrition.
- Chicken sandwich with vegetable salad
- Grilled salmon with pumpkin soup and steamed broccoli
- White rice, vegetable soup and casserole
Snacks help provide energy and regulate blood sugar for the day's activities.
Some suggestions for a simple snack include peanut butter toast, fruit yogurt, salmon salad ....
Mothers also do not forget to increase the gentle exercise along with a reasonable diet to keep your pregnancy healthy.. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...