Dilation Of Milk Glands: Causes, Signs And Solutions
Dilation of milk gland is most common in women aged 40-50 and affects one quarter of menopausal and postmenopausal women.
The woman's breast is made up of connective tissue including a milk gland - tiny tiny channels that carry milk to the nipple. Milk dilation occurs when a line of milk below the nipple expands and is filled with fluid. Then, due to the thick and viscous solution, the milk gland can become blocked or blocked.
Milk dilation is not a symptom of cancer risk, it is a normal change in the breast
Signs and symptoms
Dilation of the mammary gland is one of the most common causes of abnormal nipple discharge. Although the disease does not cause signs and symptoms, some women may feel:
- Opaque white, slightly blue or black discharge from the nipple
- Stiffness in the nipple and around the breast tissue
- Lumpy or thick
- The nipple is pulled down
An infection such as mastitis can also develop in the milk ducts causing inflammation and fever
Dilation of the mammary gland is a major cause of abnormal mammary gland flow
Causes milk dilation
It happens when the milk ducts near a nipple become clogged and inflamed. Possible causes include:
- Change hormones: It is normal and often changes the chest, especially as you age
- Smoking: Research shows that nicotine can poison milk ducts causing blockage and inflammation
- Nipple lag: Frequent nipple drops can lead to dilation of the milk ducts. A newly dropped nipple can also clog the mammary gland, causing inflammation and infection. A new nipple drop can also be a sign of a disease, like cancer
- Lack of vitamin A can cause abnormal changes in the chest, such as dilatation of milk ducts.
- Smoking: Women who smoke often have a higher risk of dilatation. The use of nicotine has caused abnormal changes in the breast milk ducts. The longer you smoke, the more the risk
- Number of pregnancies: The more you get pregnant, the higher the risk
- Infections: If anyone has had mastitis once, the risk of dilation is very high
- Milk duct dilatation does not affect the risk of breast cancer
When do you need the advice of a physician?
Although dilation is not a sign of breast cancer.
But it's important to see the doctor early to assess changes in the breast. If you have any symptoms of breast enlargement, you should see a doctor for early diagnosis.
Stretching the milk glands causes swelling and pain for the sick
Screening and diagnosis
Milk duct dilatation usually has no symptoms. The disease is often discovered by chance during mammography or biopsy for other reasons. If your doctor suspects that you have symptoms of breast dilatation, your doctor will ask you a few more questions:
- What are the symptoms on both sides of the breast?
- Is your breasts hard or red?
- Are lumps or firmness in the breasts?
- Are there other symptoms such as fever?
If there is discharge from the nipple, you need to pay attention:
- What color is the translation?
- Is it much?
- Flowing from one or many rays?
- Flowing naturally or squeezing to make translation?
Pay close attention to what happens in the chest. The doctor needs to know how long the medical history and symptoms have existed.
Based on the information you provided and the results of the examination, additional investigations may also be needed such as:
- Ultrasound, allowing the doctor to visualize breast tissue to assess the milk pathways under the nipple
- X-rays help doctors find the cause of discharge (pus)
- Check the nipple fluid. For examination, the doctor takes some fluid from the nipple and sends it to the testing room.
Mild cases of lactation may be treated with antibiotics
Complications of milk dilation
Dilation of milk ducts has fewer complications and is often more uncomfortable than dangerous, usually:
- Fluid from the nipple makes the patient feel uncomfortable, causing moisture to soak into the shirt, soiling the shirt causing psychological embarrassment.
- Uncomfortable. Dilatation can cause the tissue around the nipple to be red, swollen and firm.
- Infection. An infection such as mastitis can develop in the dilated breast tube, sometimes causing pain and fever.
- Related to breast cancer. You may be worried about changes in your breasts that will be a sign of cancer. Although dilation can sometimes cause tissue damage around the ducts to make the person feel like a hard lump, this is actually linked to breast cancer.
Treating milk dilation
Stretching a duct often supports itself without treatment, but if the symptoms are too uncomfortable, treatment can be done as follows:
- Antibiotics, your doctor may give an antibiotic dose of 10-14 days to fight infection. Even when the symptoms have improved, it is still necessary to take a whole course of medication.
While waiting for the effect of antibiotics can use more anti-inflammatory drugs, such as acetaminophen (Tylenol, or some other drugs) or ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin ...) to feel more comfortable.
- Surgery. If antibiotics and self-care methods do not work, surgery can be done.
. Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...