Dilation Of Milk Glands: Causes, Signs And Solutions
Dilation of milk gland is most common in women aged 40-50 and affects one quarter of menopausal and postmenopausal women.
The woman's breast is made up of connective tissue including a milk gland - tiny tiny channels that carry milk to the nipple. Milk dilation occurs when a line of milk below the nipple expands and is filled with fluid. Then, due to the thick and viscous solution, the milk gland can become blocked or blocked.
Milk dilation is not a symptom of cancer risk, it is a normal change in the breast. However, when you do not fully understand the causes of symptoms, you should still seek medical attention.
Signs and symptoms
Dilation of the mammary gland is one of the most common causes of abnormal nipple discharge. Although the disease does not cause signs and symptoms, some women may feel:
- Opaque white, slightly blue or black discharge from the nipple
- Stiffness in the nipple and around the breast tissue
- Lumpy or thick
- The nipple is pulled down
An infection such as mastitis can also develop in the milk ducts causing inflammation and fever
Dilation of the mammary gland is a major cause of abnormal mammary gland flow
Causes milk dilation
It happens when the milk ducts near a nipple become clogged and inflamed. Possible causes include:
- Change hormones: It is normal and often changes the chest, especially as you age
- Smoking: Research shows that nicotine can poison milk ducts causing blockage and inflammation
- Nipple lag: Frequent nipple drops can lead to dilation of the milk ducts. A newly dropped nipple can also clog the mammary gland, causing inflammation and infection. A new nipple drop can also be a sign of a disease, like cancer
- Lack of vitamin A can cause abnormal changes in the chest, such as dilatation of milk ducts.
- Smoking: Women who smoke often have a higher risk of dilatation. The use of nicotine has caused abnormal changes in the breast milk ducts. The longer you smoke, the more the risk
- Number of pregnancies: The more you get pregnant, the higher the risk
- Infections: If anyone has had mastitis once, the risk of dilation is very high
- Milk duct dilatation does not affect the risk of breast cancer
When do you need the advice of a physician?
Although dilation is not a sign of breast cancer.
But it's important to see the doctor early to assess changes in the breast. If you have any symptoms of breast enlargement, you should see a doctor for early diagnosis.
Stretching the milk glands causes swelling and pain for the sick
Screening and diagnosis
Milk duct dilatation usually has no symptoms. The disease is often discovered by chance during mammography or biopsy for other reasons. If your doctor suspects that you have symptoms of breast dilatation, your doctor will ask you a few more questions:
- What are the symptoms on both sides of the breast?
- Is your breasts hard or red?
- Are lumps or firmness in the breasts?
- Are there other symptoms such as fever?
If there is discharge from the nipple, you need to pay attention:
- What color is the translation?
- Is it much?
- Flowing from one or many rays?
- Flowing naturally or squeezing to make translation?
Pay close attention to what happens in the chest. The doctor needs to know how long the medical history and symptoms have existed.
Based on the information you provided and the results of the examination, additional investigations may also be needed such as:
- Ultrasound, allowing the doctor to visualize breast tissue to assess the milk pathways under the nipple
- X-rays help doctors find the cause of discharge (pus)
- Check the nipple fluid. For examination, the doctor takes some fluid from the nipple and sends it to the testing room.
Mild cases of lactation may be treated with antibiotics
Complications of milk dilation
Dilation of milk ducts has fewer complications and is often more uncomfortable than dangerous, usually:
- Fluid from the nipple makes the patient feel uncomfortable, causing moisture to soak into the shirt, soiling the shirt causing psychological embarrassment.
- Uncomfortable. Dilatation can cause the tissue around the nipple to be red, swollen and firm.
- Infection. An infection such as mastitis can develop in the dilated breast tube, sometimes causing pain and fever.
- Related to breast cancer. You may be worried about changes in your breasts that will be a sign of cancer. Although dilation can sometimes cause tissue damage around the ducts to make the person feel like a hard lump, this is actually linked to breast cancer.
Treating milk dilation
Stretching a duct often supports itself without treatment, but if the symptoms are too uncomfortable, treatment can be done as follows:
- Antibiotics, your doctor may give an antibiotic dose of 10-14 days to fight infection. Even when the symptoms have improved, it is still necessary to take a whole course of medication.
While waiting for the effect of antibiotics can use more anti-inflammatory drugs, such as acetaminophen (Tylenol, or some other drugs) or ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin ...) to feel more comfortable.
- Surgery. If antibiotics and self-care methods do not work, surgery can be done.
. Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- The World Health Organization has warned of an antibiotic crisis, meaning that antibiotics will become more and more useless due to drug-resistant bacteria. We could soon run out of all new antibiotics and start dying from infections that we learned to treat 100 years ago. The catastrophe could be ...According to Assoc. Dr. Tran Dac Phu, complicated changes of pathogens caused by viruses and bacteria are the cause of many diseases (especially in the summer) in many countries, including Vietnam. Mr. Phu shared, besides the diseases that have been eliminated, such as smallpox, polio, neonatal ...According to Assoc. On the one hand, acknowledging the results achieved in the prevention of epidemics in Vietnam over the past time, Mr. Tran Dac Phu still expressed his concern about the constant change of viruses and bacteria, especially in summer time. Hot weather combined with other factors ...Avoid going outdoors when the sun is hot in the middle of the day, trying to drink enough water with little other feeling, wear anti-glare glasses ... are things the elderly should pay attention to during the dry season to limit the risk of stroke. Lan Lan () Lan Lan () According to the search key: ...80% of the population suffers from life back problems, low back pain is the most common cause of disability in the world. Le Nguyen (Theo Visually) According to theNew US research shows that divorced people are at a higher risk of heart attack than groups of the same age who are maintaining marriage. Photo: BBC. The study, published in the journal Circulation, argues that the chronic stress caused by divorce has long-term effects on a person's overall health. ...Passive smoking increases the risk of gum disease by 62%, according to new research by the University of North Carolina scientists. The above results are drawn after analyzing the medical records of more than 3,000 non-smokers aged 20. Volunteers are given oral examination and blood samples are ...Scientists have taken breathing air samples from hundreds of patients to analyze the chemical integration, helping to detect the potential risk of stomach cancer. Stomach cancer can be detected early through the breath. Photo: BBC. According to the BBC, stomach cancer affects about 7,300 people in ...Avoid spicy and sour foods until the sores heal. You can rinse your mouth with warm, thin salt water 2 times a day. An oral ulcer can be a manifestation of many diseases such as canker sores (often referred to as canker sores), ulcers caused by the herpes virus, ulcers caused by bacteria that cause ...Sunstroke, boils, diarrhea, malaria ... are children's diseases that can be encountered in the summer and you can completely help prevent them in a number of simple and effective ways. Sun stroke Summer can be great for kids because it's not learning and just having fun makes them excited. Children ...