Dysmenorrhea In Women
The concept of menstrual cramping is used to refer to a series of symptoms of women before, after or during menstruation ...
These include lower abdominal pain (sometimes cramping and persistent), low back pain, abdominal bloating, and anus that are uncomfortable, such as sadness, diarrhea, etc. pay close attention to this. But severely, dysmenorrhea will affect work and life.
In addition to abdominal pain, some people also experience chest pain, nausea, diarrhea. If this phenomenon persists, the patient must take medication
1. Classification of menstrual pain like?
Menstrual cramps are generally classified into two types: primary and secondary.
Primary type (also known as dysmenorrhea): The patient does not detect any changes in the genital organs, but still has menstrual cramps. This phenomenon is usually seen in women under 25 years of age, unmarried and not having children. Dysmenorrhea appears after ovulation.
In the category of secondary dysmenorrhea (also called mood dysmenorrhea), the patient's genitalia has many changes. The disease is common in people with gynecological diseases such as endometriosis, adenoma, uterine muscle gland, cervical stenosis, adenocarcinoma
It is very difficult to distinguish the two types of abdominal pain clearly. For example, people with primary dysmenorrhea after many years will have changes in the genitals, making the phenomenon of dysmenorrhea worse; then it is difficult to judge.
In some cases, patients have been diagnosed with primary dysmenorrhea, but in fact they have mild endometriosis, when a laparoscopic examination revealed secondary dysmenorrhea.
In short, primary and secondary dysmenorrhea are just two forms of dysmenorrhea, between these two types it is sometimes difficult to accurately identify by clinical manifestations.
2. Is menstrual cramps common?
Menstrual pain is a fairly common gynecological disease. Up to now, due to the different pain sensations of each person, the tolerance level of each person is also different.
The statistical differences of menstrual period in women are quite large.
According to some surveys, in 1980 in China, 33% of menstrual cramps were out of the 72,000 women surveyed. Inside:
- 36% of primary dysmenorrhea.
- 32% have secondary pain.
- 32% for unknown reasons.
- 13.6% of people affected on work and daily life.
In 1982, Andersch and Milsom issued a report: Up to 72% of young men aged 19 in Sweden suffered from menstrual cramps, of which 15% took painkillers.
In 1985, 50% of women in puberty had dysmenorrhea at different rates in the US, 10% of menstrual cramps had to take one to three days a month. From there it can be seen, dysmenorrhea is a very common disease, especially in young women under 19 years old.
3. What are the symptoms of menstrual cramps?
Factors associated with primary menstrual cramps include:
- Early or late first menstrual period: There are investigations showing that the degree of pain and age of first menarche are related. In people who first menstruation early, the rate of dysmenorrhea is high, and the level of pain is also more severe.
- Marriage and childbirth: Between dysmenorrhea and marriage are related or not, there are two perspectives. Most people think that menstrual cramps have nothing to do with marriage. But many people think that after marriage, the level of menstrual pain in many women will decrease.
This is in need of clinical research to draw accurate conclusions.
- Menstrual cramps are also associated with factors of prolonged fatigue, stress, cold weather or hypersensitivity.
Factors related to the phenomenon of secondary dysmenorrhea: - Poor hygiene during menstruation, pregnancy and after birth, too early sexual activity, too much leading to uterine inflammation.
- Abortion or impact on the uterine cavity repeatedly causing inflammation of the endometrium.
- Contraception: Menstrual cramps and contraceptive methods have a certain effect on each other. In particular, the method of insertion often increases the level of menstrual cramps. Birth control pills that contain progestagen work to relax the smooth muscles of the uterus, alleviating the symptoms of cramping abdominal pain. Taking birth control pills can reduce the incidence and pain of menstrual cramps.
- Effects of menstrual cycle and the length of each cycle: In general, the severity of menstrual cramps and the short length of menstrual cycle have no effect on each other. But because dysmenorrhea manifests during menstruation, if menstrual periods are long, the period of menstrual cramps will be extended accordingly.
- Some other factors: There is an opinion that fat people are often prone to menstrual cramps; Smoking habits and menstrual cramps are always proportional. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- The World Health Organization has warned of an antibiotic crisis, meaning that antibiotics will become more and more useless due to drug-resistant bacteria. We could soon run out of all new antibiotics and start dying from infections that we learned to treat 100 years ago. The catastrophe could be ...According to Assoc. Dr. Tran Dac Phu, complicated changes of pathogens caused by viruses and bacteria are the cause of many diseases (especially in the summer) in many countries, including Vietnam. Mr. Phu shared, besides the diseases that have been eliminated, such as smallpox, polio, neonatal ...According to Assoc. On the one hand, acknowledging the results achieved in the prevention of epidemics in Vietnam over the past time, Mr. Tran Dac Phu still expressed his concern about the constant change of viruses and bacteria, especially in summer time. Hot weather combined with other factors ...Avoid going outdoors when the sun is hot in the middle of the day, trying to drink enough water with little other feeling, wear anti-glare glasses ... are things the elderly should pay attention to during the dry season to limit the risk of stroke. Lan Lan () Lan Lan () According to the search key: ...80% of the population suffers from life back problems, low back pain is the most common cause of disability in the world. Le Nguyen (Theo Visually) According to theNew US research shows that divorced people are at a higher risk of heart attack than groups of the same age who are maintaining marriage. Photo: BBC. The study, published in the journal Circulation, argues that the chronic stress caused by divorce has long-term effects on a person's overall health. ...Passive smoking increases the risk of gum disease by 62%, according to new research by the University of North Carolina scientists. The above results are drawn after analyzing the medical records of more than 3,000 non-smokers aged 20. Volunteers are given oral examination and blood samples are ...Scientists have taken breathing air samples from hundreds of patients to analyze the chemical integration, helping to detect the potential risk of stomach cancer. Stomach cancer can be detected early through the breath. Photo: BBC. According to the BBC, stomach cancer affects about 7,300 people in ...Avoid spicy and sour foods until the sores heal. You can rinse your mouth with warm, thin salt water 2 times a day. An oral ulcer can be a manifestation of many diseases such as canker sores (often referred to as canker sores), ulcers caused by the herpes virus, ulcers caused by bacteria that cause ...Sunstroke, boils, diarrhea, malaria ... are children's diseases that can be encountered in the summer and you can completely help prevent them in a number of simple and effective ways. Sun stroke Summer can be great for kids because it's not learning and just having fun makes them excited. Children ...