Effective Hemorrhoids For Pregnant Women
Hemorrhoids are a fairly common disease - accounting for 50% - in pregnant women, the risk of hemorrhoids is directly proportional to the growth and development of the fetus.
Classification of hemorrhoids during pregnancy
Hemorrhoids occur when the veins become swollen in the anus and rectum - common in pregnancy, especially in the last trimester of pregnancy when the uterus enlarges putting pressure on the veins.
Hemorrhoids can cause pain, itching, stinging, or bleeding, especially during or after defecation. However, this disease does not harm the health of pregnant women or the baby's health. Although during labor, thrust can cause severe hemorrhoids, but will resolve on its own after childbirth
Some women get hemorrhoids for the first time when they are pregnant. But if you have had hemorrhoids before, then you are more likely to return during pregnancy.
There are two types of hemorrhoids:
- Internal - internal hemorrhoids, covered with mucosa and transitional epithelial layer
- External hemorrhoids, outside the body and beneath the skin surrounding the anus.
Symptoms may vary depending on the type of hemorrhoids.
Hemorrhoids cause discomfort and pain in the anus
Symptoms of hemorrhoids during pregnancy
Symptoms of hemorrhoids include:
- Bleeding while defecating
- Disturbance of intestinal motility
- An area of skin near the anus
- Itching or irritation in the anal area
- Pain and swelling around the anus
Usually, external hemorrhoids will experience the above symptoms, which can develop a blood clot in external hemorrhoids. This is called thrombotic hemorrhoids, which causes inflammation and more pain.
Internal hemorrhoids are usually painless even when bleeding, patients only see blood when using a tissue or on the toilet wall when using the toilet.
The cause of hemorrhoids during pregnancy
As many as 50% of women with hemorrhoids during pregnancy, mainly due to the following:
- As the fetus grows, the uterus gets bigger and begins to apply pressure to the pelvis, especially to the veins near the anus and rectum resulting in swelling and pain in these veins.
An increase in the progesterone hormone during pregnancy may also be the cause of hemorrhoids, because it dilates the venous walls that make them more likely to swell.
- Increases blood volume, widens veins, can also contribute to hemorrhoids during pregnancy
In addition, the causes affecting the anus also work to increase the risk of hemorrhoids during pregnancy:
- Regular push when using the toilet
- Gaining too much weight during pregnancy
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Hemorrhoids are most common in pregnant women with constipation
The habit of straining when going to the toilet is one of the causes of hemorrhoids
Can pregnant women with hemorrhoids give birth often?
Depending on the severity of the disease, it will determine whether the woman should give birth or caesarean section.
If pregnant women have mild hemorrhoids, they can give birth often, but surely the birth often more or less affects the daily life of the mother.
During normal delivery, the hemorrhoids will definitely stick down longer or the hemorrhoids area will be more severe. Therefore, for people with newborn hemorrhoids will often suffer from pain when defecation.
If pregnant women have severe hemorrhoids with symptoms of protruding hemorrhoids, constipation, bleeding, pruritus ani and weeks of pregnancy, the best solution is a caesarean section. Because if giving birth, pregnant women will have to push a lot, put effort to push, causing hemorrhoids to drop, making the disease worse and worse, very dangerous for pregnant women.
How to prevent hemorrhoids during pregnancy
Avoiding constipation is the key to preventing hemorrhoids during pregnancy. Here are some tips to prevent constipation:
Eat plenty of high-fiber foods: There are many good ways to incorporate more fiber into your diet like high-fiber foods, including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes
- Drink plenty of water, minimum 3 liters of water per day
- Do not help to defecate
- Try not to sit or stand for long periods: At work, be sure to walk around for a few minutes every hour. At home, lying down should lie on your side to relieve pressure on the rectum veins
- Pay attention to the diet so as not to gain too much weight, put pressure on the rectum causing the risk of hemorrhoids to increase
- Avoid using laxatives to treat constipation during pregnancy, because they can cause dehydration and may stimulate uterine contractions.
Pay attention to the balanced diet during pregnancy to prevent hemorrhoids
How to cure hemorrhoids during pregnancy
Hemorrhoids usually clear up after pregnancy, but there are a few things you can do to reduce itching and pain during this time:
- Immerse the rectum in warm water several times a day
- Using an ice pack applied to the hemorrhoids will reduce swelling and help relieve pain.
Keep your anus clean and dry: Try using a damp washcloth or baby wipes to gently clean the area after going to the bathroom instead of using a dry toilet paper.
- Keep the anal area dry after showering or having a bowel movement as excessive humidity can cause irritation
Use baking soda (wet or dry) on the hemorrhoids area to reduce itching
- You can use medicine to reduce the symptoms of the disease, but you should consult a doctor for advice, should not buy it yourself. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...