Extreme Caution Should Be Given To The Use Of Antibiotics During Pregnancy
Most current medications are recommended for use with caution or contraindications for pregnant women. Therefore, pregnant women need to know which antibiotics should not be used to avoid during pregnancy.
Antibiotics are specific drugs that specifically kill bacteria or inhibit bacterial growth.
There are 7 common antibiotic groups:
- The β - lactam group (penicillin, ampicillin, amoxicillin, cephalosporin, ...).
- Macrolide group (erythromycin, clarithromycin, roxithromycin,
- The group of lincosamides (lincomycin, clindamycin).
- Tetracycline group (doxycylin, minocyclin, ...)
- Phenicol group (chloramphenicol, thiamphenicol).
- The aminoglycoside group (streptomycin, kanamycin, ...).
- Quinolones (offloxacin, ciprofloxacin, ...).
Depending on the infection in each person, the doctor will prescribe an appropriate antibiotic.
5 antibiotic groups banned for pregnant women
Aminoglycosides cause permanent deafness
Aminoglycoside antibiotics are a group of antibiotics commonly used in the treatment of ear, nose and throat infections, abdominal infections, meningococcal infections. We can meet this antibiotic under names such as gentamicin, amikacin, neomycin, streptomycin, tobramycin ... Especially with lung diseases, the drug is often chosen when pneumonia occurs. It is also used to make eye drops such as tobra, tobrex ..
Do not use these drugs for women who are pregnant or planning to become pregnant. The reason is that the drug can cause kidney damage and poison the baby's inner ear (causing deafness not to recover). Therefore, pregnant mothers should not use this medication to avoid the risk of affecting the hearing of children later. Pregnant women need to avoid some antibiotics that affect the fetus
Tetracycline group causes tooth enamel damage
Tetracycline is an intestinal antibiotic. People often use this antibiotic to treat diarrhea caused by cholera, dysentery, E.coli infection. Other digestive infections are also very sensitive to this antibiotic.
This is also a common antibiotic in pharmacies, frontline health facilities because of its low price.
However, it should be noted when using with pregnant women because of the risk of damaging the enamel of children. It was found that if a mother became pregnant on the seventh month of pregnancy on tetracycline, the baby was born with a broken tooth enamel, yellowish gray or tarnished. That's because tetracycline combines closely with calcium to form an extremely stable complex.
Facing this risk, tetracycline should not be used for pregnant mothers. If it is necessary to use medication, other safer antibiotics such as cephalosporin should be used.
Quinolones cause cartilage damage
This is also a broad-spectrum antibiotic group such as ciprofloxacin, pefloxacin. They have an advantage with bacteria on the genital urinary system, they inhibit the growth of bacteria that enable the body to destroy bacteria with the power of the immune system.
But these antibiotics are at risk of causing disorders of the development of children joints. If a mother takes the quinolon antibiotic during pregnancy or lactation, the child will passively "take" this antibiotic.
Antibiotic concentration in the child's body increases. As a result, the child's bones and cartilage do not grow, even causing a tendon rupture. This means that the child cannot stand on tiptoe and the foot is always folded in a position where the foot touches the heel. Even a child younger than 10 years of age taking this antibiotic will have the same consequences, since the damage on the cartilage system is unchanged.
If mothers have urinary tract infections during pregnancy, they should choose a safer antibiotic line such as beta lactam, spiramycin, metronidazole ..
Antifungal antibiotics ketoconazole cause malformations
Ketoconazole is a familiar antifungal antibiotic. The drug has a strong effect on tinea, hair and nail fungus. Cases such as waterpipe and vitiligo using ketoconazole are very effective.
Often people only use the pill form when patients with severe, large-scale skin fungus or nail fungus, hair fungus. In most cases, the drug is formulated as topical ointment. There is clear evidence that the drug can be toxic to an unborn baby and cause finger stick deformities for babies later.
Therefore, avoiding the maximum risk of using this medication is essential.
If you have tinea, it is advisable to use topical medicines. Using external solutions such as ASA, BSI will be less toxic to the fetus. Clotrimazol can be used instead but only on a narrow area and in the middle and late months of pregnancy.
Biseptol intestinal antibiotics cause severe anemia
Biseptol is an important and broad-spectrum intestinal antibiotic. It is very effective for cases of digestive infections and patients with signs of severe diarrhea. Biseptol is an oral drug that is often used when patients suffer from diseases such as food poisoning, acute diarrhea, E.coli infection in water sources ..
. the drug proved to be very dominant.
However, we need to be very careful of the type. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...