People often hear high cholesterol when having a blood test. So what is cholesterol in the blood? Is it dangerous? Or the cause of high blood fat? Please refer to the following article for the answer!
Factors that affect cholesterol levels
There are many factors that affect cholesterol levels, such as:
- High-fat diet: saturated fat and cholesterol in food will cause high blood cholesterol.
- Obesity: being overweight and obesity are risk factors for cardiovascular disease. Obesity will also increase cholesterol in the blood.
- Physical inactivity: physical inactivity is also a risk factor for cardiovascular disease and increases blood cholesterol
Factors that affect blood cholesterol levels, which cannot be altered or changed include:
- Age and gender: blood cholesterol levels will increase with age. Before menopause women often have lower blood cholesterol than men of the same age. After menopause, women often have elevated LDL-cholesterol in their blood
- Genetics: genetic factors that may partially affect blood cholesterol levels.
Increasing cholesterol can also be familial.
Treatment with exercise
The main goal of treating hypercholesterolemia is to lower LDL-cholesterol low enough to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and myocardial infarction.
If there are many other cardiovascular risk factors (such as hypertension, smoking, diabetes), LDL-cholesterol levels need to be lower.
There are two main methods of lowering blood cholesterol: lifestyle changes and drug therapy.
Diet: The recommended diet is less than 200 mg of cholesterol per day, saturated fat accounts for less than 7% of energy needs. Use high fiber foods instead of oily foods.
It is also possible to add vegetable oils (cooking oil, magarin) to the diet to reduce LDL-cholesterol in the blood
Weight adjustment: Losing weight if being overweight or obese helps to lower LDL-cholesterol, especially important if you have high triglycerides and low HDL-cholesterol.
- Physical activity: exercise for at least 30 minutes on most days of the week, preferably regularly every day, will help reduce LDLcholesterol, increase HDL-cholesterol, reduce triglycerides.
- Stop smoking.
Even when taking medicine to reduce blood cholesterol, it is still necessary to follow the lifestyle change regimen mentioned above. This will help minimize the amount of fat-lowering medications to use and also reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
There are many classes of cholesterol-lowering drugs, among which statin drugs (rosuvastatin, atorvastatin, fluvastatin, simvastatin ...) are effective drugs to help lower LDL-cholesterol, and the use of these drugs is quite safe.
In summary, hypercholesterolemia is a major cardiovascular risk factor. High blood cholesterol will build up in artery walls, which in a long time will cause stenosis and blockage. The treatment of cholesterol reduction is essential, helping reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and heart attack.
In addition to cholesterol-lowering medications, lifestyle changes are fundamental to lowering blood cholesterol as well as cardiovascular risk factors.. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...