Flatulence In The Elderly
Flatulence, bloating are symptoms of the gastrointestinal tract, although not dangerous but uncomfortable for patients. The disease is found at all ages but with older people is more uncomfortable.
The cause of flatulence in the elderly
- By eating a lot of starch, the body does not have enough enzyme system to metabolize all. Eating too quickly, not chewing properly (due to weak or fallen teeth), swallowing quickly (when drinking water, it can be swallowed slightly into the stomach); eat more flour, spices, stimulants (alcohol, beer, coffee, cigarettes).
There are certain foods or spices when eaten in the stomach that create a reflex that causes the lower esophageal hole to easily cause vomiting (onions, garlic ...) or after eating, hurry to go to bed and rest immediately because of feeling tired fatigue and also a habit common in the elderly
Eating more carbs will lead to bloating
- Due to disorders of motility of the gastrointestinal motility (stomach, intestines), the stomach is always full of food and food descends slowly, making digestion difficult or due to excretion disorders.
bile fluid (inflammation, obstruction of the bile duct ...).
- Esophageal reflux disease, in addition to bloating, also causes burning behind the sternum, heartburn, belching, belching out the whole country.
- Due to bacterial system disorders in the gastrointestinal tract (dysbiosis) makes food not enough yeast for metabolism to cause stagnation.
- Due to diseases of the digestive tract such as: diseases of the stomach (inflammation, peptic ulcer - duodenum, stomach cancer
.); Spastic colitis (irritable colitis syndrome); disease reduces intestinal motility causing bloating; due to long stools such as constipation or after some gastrointestinal surgery such as gastric, colon ...
Stomach ulcers cause bloating
- Due to an absorption disorder: the amount of digestive enzymes in the elderly is reduced or very weak.
- Due to diseases of the mental-nervous system: some elderly people are anxious, nervous, experiencing many stresses can also cause bloating and bloating.
In addition, bloating can also be caused by the elderly taking certain medications that affect the physiological function of the digestive system (stomach, intestines), such as taking medication for hypothyroidism, in high blood pressure or depression medicine ..
Manifestations of bloating
People with flatulence and bloating go up into the esophagus because the esophageal sphincter relaxes and is taken out orally by symptoms of belching. The main symptom is bloating, flatulence and discomfort.
People with gastric syndrome, in addition to flatulence, also have belching, heartburn, dull abdominal pain, sometimes nausea or vomiting (because of sudden inflammation, pyloric stenosis that causes stagnation) sometimes liquid, sometimes thick or sometimes constipation. Abdominal bloating, very clear and defecation many times.
Attention should be paid to eating habits to reduce the symptoms of flatulence in the elderly
What should the elderly do when they have bloating and bloating?
When you have bloating, it is necessary to seek medical attention to determine the cause. When determining the cause, the treatment of flatulence, bloating is much easier.
Eating and drinking plays an important role in preventing bloating.
Need to eat slowly chew carefully, do not swallow quickly, do not eat too much. Some foods that can cause bloating should be avoided (these foods also vary from person to person). Eat foods that are easy to digest, limit eating sour, spicy foods, stimulants such as coffee, alcohol, beer, cigarettes. Should limit eating sweets and cakes. Eat more green vegetables such as sweet potato, spinach, jute, water spinach.
Need daily oral hygiene to avoid plaque at the root, elderly people use dentures to clean dentures daily. After eating, do not rush to lie down or sit for a long time but should move gently.
In addition to meals, you can use your hands to massage the stomach to increase the peristalsis of the stomach and intestines, helping to digest food better, avoiding stagnant food for many days.
There should be a gentle exercise regime to increase normal peristalsis physiologically, such as walking, playing badminton, practicing deep breathing so that the diaphragm moves to increase the peristalsis of the stomach and intestines. Walking is also a form of relaxation that eliminates stress.. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...