Gallstones In The Liver: Causes, Symptoms, Methods Of Treatment And Prevention
In liver diseases, gallstones in the liver are considered as a complex disease, causing many dangerous complications for human health. However, not all patients understand the disease. All information about gallstones in the liver will be provided in the following article.
What is gallstones in the liver?
Gallstones in the liver, also known as liver stones, are small, large, or muddy stones that appear in the bile ducts, gallbladder, right livers, left livers. The main structure of these stones is bilirubin. The main cause of gallstones in the liver is a biliary infection when bacteria are attacked.
This pathology is quite common in Asia, including Vietnam. The incidence of gallstones in the liver in Asia is currently the world leader
Gallstones in the liver is a quite complex disease of the liver-bile system, if not detected, treated early, the disease will progress to more severe and dangerous complications, resulting in sepsis, cirrhosis, hepatitis , even worse than biliary tract cancer.
Gallstones in the liver are a fairly common disease in Asia
The cause of liver stones
Gravel in the liver is a pigment stone, with the main component is bilirubin, in the form of tablets or mud, often yellow-green color, found in the bile path in the left liver, right liver and clustered or scattered. in the biliary tract deep in the liver parenchyma. The disease is caused by several reasons:
- The main cause of liver stones is a bile infection. Parasites, intestinal helminths, which enter the bile ducts, carry bacteria that change the ability to dissolve bilirubin in bile fluid, which combines with eggs and worms to form stones.
- Another cause is cholestasis in the liver in people with congenital biliary atrophy or biliary tract tumors, or in hemolytic patients, destroyed red blood cells release large amounts of libirubin.
- In addition, this disease has a few less common causes, related to liver dysfunction such as cirrhosis, hepatitis A, B, C virus, drug-induced hepatitis
. causing components in the epidemic. Unbalanced bile.
- People who are obese and lazy to exercise, leading to reduction of biliary tract movement are also one of the causes of the above disease.
Is gallstones in the liver dangerous?
As mentioned above, gallstones in the liver is a dangerous disease, causing many complications, affecting human health. Gallstones in the liver if not detected early, timely treatment will cause complications such as:
- Hepatitis: bile accumulation, stagnation for a long time will be an appropriate environment for bacteria to grow, attack the liver, cause elevated liver enzymes, increase the risk of hepatitis. On the other hand, they can form purulent foci, leading to the formation of liver abscesses, hepatitis.
- Cirrhosis is an advanced stage when the liver is infected, liver cells are destroyed, liver tissue is also damaged and irreversible, leading to gradual deterioration of liver function and liver fibrosis.
Gallstones in the liver if left untreated can cause cirrhosis, hepatitis
- Cholangitis: This is a common complication of liver stones, the disease often recurs many times, causing fibrosis and narrowing of the biliary tract, liver abscess, secondary biliary cirrhosis, leading to sepsis and liver failure. .
- Cholangiocarcinoma: This is considered the most dangerous complication of gallstones in the liver, but the incidence is not high, accounting for about 3-10%. The time of detection of biliary tract cancer means that the disease was discovered late and the condition is very serious so it is very difficult to cure. Patients usually live only a few months to about 1.2 years after the onset of the disease.
- Blood infections: This is a particularly dangerous complication, causing high fever, chills, dizziness, severe biliary obstruction, hemodynamic disorders ..
. Patients with sepsis must be emergency immediately or they will be threatened network.
Thus, with the aforementioned complications, it can be confirmed that gallstones in the liver are very dangerous, adversely affecting human health. So patients need to be examined, detected early, diagnosed and treated aggressively to avoid life-threatening complications.
Symptoms identify people with gallstones in the liver
It is easy to see symptoms of gallstones in the liver. In the early stages, the gravel particles are small in size so the patient feels bloated, slowly digests food. At the next stage, the size of the gravel grows, causing compression in the liver. At this time the patient will clearly feel the symptoms of the disease, such as:
- Abdominal cramps (type of cramps): pain often occurs after a fatty meal or night pain (range from 22h to 24h).
The location of pain in the lower right flank, type of cramping, severe and sudden pain, may spread to the right shoulder. When pain accompanied by vomiting, do not dare to breathe strongly. Duration of pain lasts from 15 minutes to several hours and is cyclical.
- Fever: Symptoms of fever are often related to cholangitis, gallbladder. People with high fever suddenly, can chill with sweating. The fever lasts several hours. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...