Gastrointestinal Disorders During Pregnancy
During pregnancy, many pregnant women struggled with digestive disorders. It greatly affects the life and health of the pregnant mother, making her extremely uncomfortable.
Cause of digestive disorders
A digestive disorder is an abnormal digestive system condition, which makes it harder to consume and absorb food. Gastrointestinal disorders manifested by symptoms such as constipation, diarrhea, bloating, indigestion, anorexia .
For pregnant women, this condition can have many causes, but mainly due to hormonal changes and due to the larger size of the fetus.
During pregnancy, the level of hormones in the body of the pregnant woman changes
The cause of slow digesting food and constipation is the most obvious consequence.
Constipation is very common in most pregnant women, making her extremely uncomfortable. This condition affects both the ability to absorb nutrients for the body as well as affect the daily life of the mother.
In addition, increased levels of the hormone progesterone will reduce the movement of the valves connecting the esophagus and stomach. This causes food and stomach acid to flow back into the esophagus and causes bloating, belching, and indigestion common to pregnant women.
Internal physical changes as the uterus grows
Over time, the fetus will grow bigger and bigger. From there, the uterus size also increases proportionally to be able to cover the fetus
As the uterus size increases, it will compress other internal organs.
At this time, the large intestine is constricted, the small intestine is pushed up making constipation more and more, especially in the last 3 months of pregnancy.
Pregnant women are very vulnerable subjects
Use of medication
During pregnancy, pregnant women are usually prescribed to take some medicines to help provide necessary nutrients for the developing fetus. Among them, iron is a drug that very few pregnant women ignore, to help prevent nutritional anemia.
The iron supplements work well and are essential for the fetus but it also causes side effects, typically making pregnant women constipated.
The body is more sensitive
During pregnancy, hormonal changes, the mother's body becomes more sensitive to external factors.
At this time, most pregnant women will be more sensitive to food, especially contaminated foods. This is the cause of maternal digestive disorders, which is most evident in diarrhea.
In addition, some pregnant women are unable to absorb the lactose in the types of milk for pregnant women, leading to diarrhea.
In addition to the objective reasons mentioned above, there are many subjective reasons that make pregnant women suffer from digestive disorders. Being sedentary and exercising less is also the reason why mom has this condition.
The mothers eat less fiber, eat strange foods also cause constipation, diarrhea ...
Symptoms of digestive disorders in pregnant women and how to cope
During pregnancy, women often eat what they feel like. However, the digestive system is not always good. Here are helpful tips to deal with symptoms of digestive disorders in pregnant women:
Nausea and vomiting are a common sign during the first 3 months of pregnancy.
You should eat small portions of food throughout the day, every 2 hours (or longer) with a small meal. But you need to avoid falling into a habit of eating more, especially candy because this will lead to imbalance in the diet.
Gastrointestinal disorders affecting the health of pregnant women
Craving or anorexia
During pregnancy, intense or frightening cravings with some foods are quite common. You should eat the foods you crave while avoiding foods that make you nauseous. But still need to ensure balanced nutrition, avoiding deficiencies.
Heartburn is a common digestive problem in pregnant women. The following tips help you avoid heartburn:
- Never be hungry, need to eat less but eat evenly.
- Stay away from acidic foods.
- Avoid plant fibers in leeks, asparagus, vegetables and dried fruits.
- Avoid coffee, tea, pepper, mustard and spices.
Constipation is a typical digestive disorder and is very common in pregnant women. Here are some tips on how to avoid "apples":
- Consume enough fresh fruits and vegetables, apples and prunes.
- Eat light laxatives for breakfast (wheat, orange juice).
- Drink enough water.
Effective method of improving digestive disorders
Digestive disorders significantly affect the daily life of the mother. This condition can also affect the health of the mother and threaten the nutrition of the fetus.
Therefore, pregnant women should pay attention to preventing digestive disorders to protect the health of both mother and child. Please refer to some precautions below:
Drink a lot of water
Not only pregnant women, but everyone should drink enough water every day for the body to function normally.
To limit the digestive disorders, pregnant women should enter the body with plenty of water. Mom can drink water or juice. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...