Gastroscopy: Safe And Highly Effective Treatments
Gastroscopy is a widely used treatment, but many patients still wonder about the procedure and its advantages and disadvantages.
What is gastroscopy surgery?
Gastroscopy is a low-invasive surgical procedure used to treat gastrointestinal diseases. To perform this procedure, the doctor will make a small incision, then use a scope with a camera and a light to view the surgical area inside the body. After observing and determining the location of the affected organ, the doctor will proceed with a special medical instrument.
Subjects indicated and contraindicated by gastroscopy surgery
Gastroscopy is indicated for the following subjects:
Perforation of the stomach
Endoscopic surgery can be dangerous for some patients, and should be consulted by a doctor about the level of risk before deciding whether to perform the procedure:
Patients with high blood pressure
Women who are pregnant
Advantages and disadvantages of gastroscopy surgery
Compared with traditional open surgery, gastroscopy brings many advantages and disadvantages
Reduce bleeding, blood loss, reduce the risk of needing a blood transfusion during surgery
The incision is small in size, does not cause much pain and shortens recovery time after surgery, and does not leave scars that cause cosmetic loss.
Endoscopic gastric surgery is less painful, so there is no need to use the necessary pain medication.
Recovery time after surgery is quick, shortening hospital time, patients can go home after being monitored and rested
Compared with open surgery, gastroscopy surgery will reduce the exposure of internal organs to the external environment, helping to reduce the risk of infection.
- Endoscopic surgery is only suitable for small stomach damage
- Limiting movement at the surgical site of the doctor, so requires skillful and experienced level of the surgeon.
- Doctors do not directly manipulate manually with tissues but through specific surgical tools. This can lead to the inability to accurately assess the force exerting on the tissue, the risk of tissue damage.
- Endoscopic surgery makes the doctor unable to observe all the organs in the digestive system
- High surgical cost
Stomach endoscopic surgical procedure
Gastric laparoscopic surgery is performed according to the following procedure:
Patients are located in the most favorable position for surgical operations.
The patient was injected with general anesthetic so that there was no pain during the surgery
The doctor will make a small incision in the abdominal wall and insert the endoscope into the stomach.
During the procedure, the doctor will pump carbon dioxide or nitrous oxide to maintain the gas inside the abdomen for easier viewing.
Observe the display image obtained from the endoscope and assess the lesion of the stomach
The doctor will examine a number of organs in the abdominal cavity to limit the risk incurred when performing surgery.
The doctor will then handle the predefined problem (removal of the tumor, partial cut of the stomach, suture, etc.)
Finally, the doctor will suture the incision and evaluate the patient's health status.
Symptoms after gastroscopy surgery
After a few days of surgery, the patient will feel tired and uncomfortable, feeling pain at the incision especially when moving, walking or affecting the wound
The patient will feel a sore throat because during surgery, the breathing tube is placed into the patient's throat. To reduce the feeling of pain, you can hold salt water, use lozenges.
Due to the side effects of the gas used in surgery, patients may experience back pain or shoulder pain.
Feeling of bloating or bloating will occur in 1-2 days after surgery. Some surgeries also cause bleeding or pink discharge in the vagina 1-2 weeks after surgery.
These are all worrisome symptoms that go away on their own within a few days after surgery.
If symptoms are severe and persist for a long time, they should see a doctor for advice and examination.
Note before and after gastroscopy surgery
Note before surgery
Limit the use of alcoholic beverages and stimulants such as tobacco, alcohol ... so that the surgery process can take place smoothly.
Stop using some medicines that cause risks during surgery such as anticoagulants, aspirin, ...
Before surgery from 7-9 hours, should fast and drink dark colored food to empty stomach and clean
Note after surgery
After the province needs additional water for the body
Not lying down much, so sit up and walk as soon as possible to avoid sticking intestines
Try to deflect early, after deflation can eat normally
The first 1-2 weeks after surgery, to avoid vigorous exercise, physical activity so as not to affect the body
Limiting sex to 4-6 weeks after surgery.
Complications occur during gastroscopy surgery
Surgery n. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...