Candidiasis is a common sexually transmitted disease in both women and men. The following article will help us understand more about this disease.
Female: The patient often itches a lot, so the patient often has to scratch and scratch the vulva and spread the fungus into the perineum and groin. The vaginal discharge is milky, like a whey, and it can not be accompanied by bad urination, painful urination.
Men: This disease is less common and there are also few symptoms. Common manifestations are a burning sensation of the glans, itching, glans and red skin, many cracks and mucus that is yellowish white.
-Long term consequences for men: Urethritis
Long-term consequences for women: Vaginitis, which can be transmitted to children during childbirth, causes thrush (tongue) making it difficult for the baby to suckle.
-Is it possible to increase the risk of HIV infection ?: Yes
-Is it cured? : Yes - take antifungal medication
Treatment: Vaginitis, fungal vaginal infections are common in women, it is second to bacterial vaginosis and usually 3 times higher than trich.
Up to 50%, even the author said that up to 3/4 of women with this disease at least 1 time in their lives.
Today the disease tends to increase due to the use of too many antibiotics has created favorable conditions for the body to suffer from fungal infections.
Other favorable factors are pregnancy, use of oral contraceptives with estrogen, diabetes and other sexually transmitted diseases including HIV infection.
The main cause of the disease is Candida albicans accounting for about 90%, in addition to other candidiasis strains and torulopsis glabrata. Infection with non-C. albicans fungi is usually more difficult to cure.
Many women get fungal infections but do not show signs of illness
. The source of fungal infection may be outside the environment or in the digestive tract.
When infected women often have two prominent symptoms are very itchy and discharge gas. Symptoms of vulvar pruritus are the most common and make the patient very uncomfortable, many scratching causing scratches in place.
The discharge of air is usually not much and it is white like whey, no smell. Other manifestations are pain, burning sensation in the vagina, vulva, difficulty urinating and pain during intercourse.
Severe cases can cause redness, vulvar edema and small lips, large lips, sometimes spreading to the thighs, groin. The disease usually worsens before menstruation.
Men who have sex with infected women may also have foreskin inflammation, which causes redness, itching, burning sensation, burning sensation and white mucus. The illness usually occurs minutes or hours after sex and usually clears after washing.
With the above symptoms and symptoms, you can go to health facilities for examination and examination. Screening of fungal spores is now possible at district and other health facilities. When the disease has identified need immediate treatment.
Currently, there are many new drugs with high therapeutic effects, either topical or oral. However, women should pay attention to the hygiene in place, keep the genital area from getting wet, do not wear too tight, plastic clothes.
See also 15% Discount Pre-marital health check package
Some medications to treat:
- Miconazole 200mg vaginal tablet, 1 capsule at bedtime for 3 days
- Clotrimazole 200mg vaginal tablet, 1 capsule at bedtime for 3 days or treated with oral medications such as:
- Itraconazole (sporal) 100mg orally, 2 capsules daily for 3-5 days
- Fluconazole (diflucan) 150mg single dose.
In case of chronic or recurrent illness, it is necessary to first check for diabetes, the causes of resistance decline and facilitate the growth of fungi such as prolonged antibiotics, corticosteroids, drugs to avoid pregnant with estrogen, HIV infection.
Do not wear tight clothing or synthetic fibers. In the case of prolonged illness and recurrent, it is advisable to visit a specialist for examination and preventive treatment.
For men usually do not need treatment because the disease will cure. However, if you have foreskin inflammation, you can apply anti-fungal creams like ketoconazole, clotrimazole,. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- The World Health Organization has warned of an antibiotic crisis, meaning that antibiotics will become more and more useless due to drug-resistant bacteria. We could soon run out of all new antibiotics and start dying from infections that we learned to treat 100 years ago. The catastrophe could be ...According to Assoc. Dr. Tran Dac Phu, complicated changes of pathogens caused by viruses and bacteria are the cause of many diseases (especially in the summer) in many countries, including Vietnam. Mr. Phu shared, besides the diseases that have been eliminated, such as smallpox, polio, neonatal ...According to Assoc. On the one hand, acknowledging the results achieved in the prevention of epidemics in Vietnam over the past time, Mr. Tran Dac Phu still expressed his concern about the constant change of viruses and bacteria, especially in summer time. Hot weather combined with other factors ...Avoid going outdoors when the sun is hot in the middle of the day, trying to drink enough water with little other feeling, wear anti-glare glasses ... are things the elderly should pay attention to during the dry season to limit the risk of stroke. Lan Lan () Lan Lan () According to the search key: ...80% of the population suffers from life back problems, low back pain is the most common cause of disability in the world. Le Nguyen (Theo Visually) According to theNew US research shows that divorced people are at a higher risk of heart attack than groups of the same age who are maintaining marriage. Photo: BBC. The study, published in the journal Circulation, argues that the chronic stress caused by divorce has long-term effects on a person's overall health. ...Passive smoking increases the risk of gum disease by 62%, according to new research by the University of North Carolina scientists. The above results are drawn after analyzing the medical records of more than 3,000 non-smokers aged 20. Volunteers are given oral examination and blood samples are ...Scientists have taken breathing air samples from hundreds of patients to analyze the chemical integration, helping to detect the potential risk of stomach cancer. Stomach cancer can be detected early through the breath. Photo: BBC. According to the BBC, stomach cancer affects about 7,300 people in ...Avoid spicy and sour foods until the sores heal. You can rinse your mouth with warm, thin salt water 2 times a day. An oral ulcer can be a manifestation of many diseases such as canker sores (often referred to as canker sores), ulcers caused by the herpes virus, ulcers caused by bacteria that cause ...Sunstroke, boils, diarrhea, malaria ... are children's diseases that can be encountered in the summer and you can completely help prevent them in a number of simple and effective ways. Sun stroke Summer can be great for kids because it's not learning and just having fun makes them excited. Children ...