Get Rid Of Worry About Sinusitis
Antibiotics have no effect against viruses but are often indicated for sinusitis. However, overuse of the medication may further nurture resistant bacteria.
Here are five things he believes patients with acute sinusitis should know.
1. Sinusitis is a short-term infection that causes the sinuses and nose: Symptoms of sinusitis can last up to four weeks. In contrast, chronic sinusitis can last longer than 3 months.
2. The right diagnosis is extremely important: In adults, acute sinusitis may be when you notice a cloudy or runny nose, or it drips into your throat, causing congestion, difficulty breathing, and facial pain ( such as pain around the eyes or headache), or both
Other symptoms may include fever and toothache.
In children, the signs of a sinus infection are usually bad breath, coughing, and a frowning child during the day. However, children may not have a fever, facial pain or headache.
3. Sinusitis caused by virus or bacteria? Symptoms can indicate whether sinusitis is caused by vius or bacteria.
According to Dr. Rosenfeld, without testing can know the cause of sinusitis. Acute sinusitis often has the following symptoms:
- Continually having cold symptoms: If you have a cold for 10 days, the infection could be due to a virus
- Bad condition: You may feel better in the first few days but then get worse twice, even if it is very uncomfortable, which can be diagnosed with bacterial sinusitis.
Usually, a viral infection often causes a cold and swelling in the nose. Because the nasal congestion is not treated adequately, it allows bacteria to grow and move to the sinuses, making it worse.
- Aggravated disease: Aggravated disease is more common in children than in adults. When benenhj gets worse, the patient may have a fever over 40 degrees Celsius, severe headache, and a runny nose.
4. Antibiotics are prescribed for sinusitis but only when suffering from bacterial sinusitis: In most cases, antibiotics are considered a treatment for acute bacterial sinusitis. severe evidence.
For example, a child with high fever will receive an antibiotic promptly because the infection can spread to the eyes or brain.
For mild bacterial sinusitis, Dr. Rosenfeld can prescribe antibiotics, but he often requires patients to be treated within seven days to see if symptoms improve and do not require further treatment. is not. If patients start to feel worse, they can start taking antibiotics.
5. Simple measures to relieve symptoms: Sinus patients can reduce the pain and other symptoms by simply temporary as nasal steroid spray and nasal wash with physiological saline ..
- The World Health Organization has warned of an antibiotic crisis, meaning that antibiotics will become more and more useless due to drug-resistant bacteria. We could soon run out of all new antibiotics and start dying from infections that we learned to treat 100 years ago. The catastrophe could be ...According to Assoc. Dr. Tran Dac Phu, complicated changes of pathogens caused by viruses and bacteria are the cause of many diseases (especially in the summer) in many countries, including Vietnam. Mr. Phu shared, besides the diseases that have been eliminated, such as smallpox, polio, neonatal ...According to Assoc. On the one hand, acknowledging the results achieved in the prevention of epidemics in Vietnam over the past time, Mr. Tran Dac Phu still expressed his concern about the constant change of viruses and bacteria, especially in summer time. Hot weather combined with other factors ...Avoid going outdoors when the sun is hot in the middle of the day, trying to drink enough water with little other feeling, wear anti-glare glasses ... are things the elderly should pay attention to during the dry season to limit the risk of stroke. Lan Lan () Lan Lan () According to the search key: ...80% of the population suffers from life back problems, low back pain is the most common cause of disability in the world. Le Nguyen (Theo Visually) According to theNew US research shows that divorced people are at a higher risk of heart attack than groups of the same age who are maintaining marriage. Photo: BBC. The study, published in the journal Circulation, argues that the chronic stress caused by divorce has long-term effects on a person's overall health. ...Passive smoking increases the risk of gum disease by 62%, according to new research by the University of North Carolina scientists. The above results are drawn after analyzing the medical records of more than 3,000 non-smokers aged 20. Volunteers are given oral examination and blood samples are ...Scientists have taken breathing air samples from hundreds of patients to analyze the chemical integration, helping to detect the potential risk of stomach cancer. Stomach cancer can be detected early through the breath. Photo: BBC. According to the BBC, stomach cancer affects about 7,300 people in ...Avoid spicy and sour foods until the sores heal. You can rinse your mouth with warm, thin salt water 2 times a day. An oral ulcer can be a manifestation of many diseases such as canker sores (often referred to as canker sores), ulcers caused by the herpes virus, ulcers caused by bacteria that cause ...Sunstroke, boils, diarrhea, malaria ... are children's diseases that can be encountered in the summer and you can completely help prevent them in a number of simple and effective ways. Sun stroke Summer can be great for kids because it's not learning and just having fun makes them excited. Children ...