Give Children Medicine Properly
Most children with the disease are monitored and treated at home with drugs prescribed by a doctor. Therefore, it is important for children to take medicine properly ...
Things to avoid when giving children medication
- Do not arbitrarily use drugs for children because they can cause poisoning, drug resistance
- Do not arbitrarily reduce or increase the dose. Do not use an old prescription, give this child's medicine to another child
- Do not pinch the child's nose, crush the medication.
Explain and comfort the child if he or she refuses to take the medicine.
- Do not give children medicine when they are crying, laughing or convulsing.
- Do not mix medicine into baby's milk, fruit juice or food.
- Do not give children on an empty stomach, especially analgesic, anti-inflammatory drugs such as aspirine, corticoide ... to prevent stomach ulcers
Give your child age-appropriate medications
For children to take medicine easily and without fear, choose the appropriate form of medicine for children.
For young children and infants: need to choose a liquid form such as syrup, suspension, emulsion (suspension, emulsion is a liquid with a milky, milky-like liquid, before drinking, shake the bottle well to mix) regular) or drops in the water to drink. These are drugs that have been prepared aromatic, sweet so children like to drink. You can also choose drugs in the form of powdered drug, nuggets in sachets, when taken, it will be mixed with water into a liquid with fragrance, sweetness, easy to drink for children.
For older children, usually 5 years of age and older, the pill can be swallowed: you can give the child tablet or capsule-shaped capsule. Do not crush the tablet for children to take because there are some drugs containing very bitter pharmaceuticals, will make children scared. It should be noted that should not be intimidated, create tension that needs soft, persistent persuasion when giving children medication.
Do not mix the medicine with any kind of water or baby food
The drug should only be mixed with cool boiled water to ensure the medicinal properties and maintain the therapeutic effect. The composition and effectiveness of the drug will be changed if the drug is mixed into the following types of oral solution or food:
Making medicine in bottles for breast-feeding babies: formula (cow's milk) contains lots of potassium and iron.
These substances, when encountered with some drugs, will react, creating some stable or difficult to dissolve impurities, which interfere with the absorption of drugs of the intestinal and stomach. There are even drugs that are destroyed by these substances. In addition, the calcium in milk can interfere with the absorption of some antibiotics, so milk should not be used for medication.
Mixing medicine into fruit juice: in fruit juice, especially orange juice, lemon is relatively acidic.
When using juice to take medicine, some chemical reactions can lead to changes in the properties of the drug.
If mixed with grape juice can reduce the effect and increase side effects of medicines. The reason why grape juice can inhibit enzymes during absorption, such as heart disease and antifungal medication.
Mix medicine into children's food or drink: the delicious taste of food and drink will mix with the strange smell of the medicine.
Children who are picky eaters or have sensitive senses will react, reject food and drinks that have been mixed with medicine, even though they were favorite things in the past. For older children, mixing drugs so they will think they are deceived and distrust in parents.
Preparation of medicine cabinets: necessary and safe for children
- There should be analgesic, antipyretic paracetamol (do not use aspirin) to reduce fever for children; antihistamines in the form of syrup (phénergan, théralène) to treat coughs, vomiting and allergies; oresol packs to replace water and electrolytes when a child has diarrhea.
- There should be 0.9% NaCl nasal solution (physiological saline) for nose drops when a child has a stuffy nose, runny nose; antiseptic solution such as povidine to disinfect small skin wounds.
These common drugs can ask the pharmacist at the pharmacy or read the instructions carefully before using for children.
- All home remedies must be kept out of the reach of children.
- It is important for parents to keep in mind: if using conventional medicines to treat minor disorders in children after 3 days do not feel better, they should be taken to the doctor as soon as possible.
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...