Hand Tremor In The Elderly
Hand tremor is a common disease in the elderly. Let's find out the following information to better understand this disease.
Factors hindering living
Hand tremor is a condition in which involuntary, spontaneous movements occur, which are encountered in the hands or in any part of the body's muscular system, tremor at rest but sometimes tremors at movement.
These tremor movements have very different intensities and amplitudes. Can tremble loudly to shake the body but sometimes only small quick movements only
This is a common disease in the elderly. Starting from the age of 45, hand tremor is more likely to occur and the risk is even higher as age increases causing movement difficulties.
Shaky hands is not a dangerous health event
The patient has trouble talking, personal hygiene, when walking. Only in severe cases can a person suffer an accidental injury or lose a balance.
Causes of hand tremor
The cause of tremor in the elderly in specific cases has been well known. But in most cases, the exact cause of this condition is still a question. Usually people often shake their hands in the following three cases:
- Benign tremor is a type of tremor that occurs when moving and goes away at rest. However, it is more annoying in life because it is difficult for the elderly to perform the most simple movements such as drinking tea. Patients can hardly hold a cup of tea as usual
Other manifestations associated with hand tremor include nodding, trembling of the lips and tongue trembling.
The tremor may be asymmetric, meaning that one side is shaking but the other side is completely normal.
Benign hand tremor is common in people over 80 years old, about 10-20% of the population has this disease. Up to half of the cases have a family history, the remaining people have not determined the cause.
These types of tremor respond quite well to treatment with beta blockers or gabapentin, primidone, but these are not long-term treatments. Benign tremors are common tremors in the elderly.
- Parkinson's tremor: Parkinson's disease is a disease caused by a deficiency of neuropathic intermediates dopamine in the central nervous system.
We can easily recognize the disease by some signs such as stiffness, difficulty moving, hands turning, not holding posture. The patient has a characteristic jerky and rigid gait.
The most difference is that Parkinson's tremor appears even when resting. That's why we can see the sick person's hands trembling even when we are talking. Initially, there were sporadic tremors, but later, these episodes were faster and we had the impression that the patient was constantly shivering.
People with Parkinson's disease may experience memory and hallucinations. Treatment of the disease has been successful with the appearance of agonists of dopamine.
However, great attention should be paid to the treatment process because of the side effects caused by psychosis or extrapyramidal system of these drugs.
- tremor due to impaired brain function: tremor in this case is often due to impaired brain function, which causes dyskinesia. Tremors appear when the elderly focus attention, the more they pay attention to tremble.
Associated with this condition is a phenomenon of cerebral atherosclerosis with severe cerebral blood flow reduction. May also occur in cases of alcoholism, excessive intake of phenytoin-type antiepileptic drugs, parathyroid syndrome or secondary pathological brain atrophy.
What is the backup?
Some cases of hand tremor are caused by previous illnesses in another organ. In these cases, the treatment of pathological causes that play a role is considered appropriate measures.
However, most hand tremors are caused by neuromuscular disorders as we age. Therefore, we need to take steps to reduce the speed of neurological disorders in the elderly more strategically in dealing with this disease.
These measures work to prevent hand tremor
- Limit alcohol and beer. Alcohol increases the rate of neurological decline, causing severe vitamin B1 deficiency during heavy addiction.
Alcohol increases neuromuscular coordination during exercise, aggravating the degree of tremor when sick.
- Actively use fruits and vegetables in your diet. Especially the dark green fruits and vegetables such as vegetables, cauliflower, cauliflower, cabbage, chayote, chrysanthemum, colorful fruits and vegetables such as gac, pumpkin, orange, carrots ... because they are a source of natural antioxidants that are thought to slow down the decline of the control brain. Rich in vitamin E, lychee, papaya, peach, and pear are recommended to limit the progression of the disease.
- Promptly notify the doctor of events due to side effects of shaky hands during the treatment of another disease.
People who are taking lithium antidepressants, pheny-type antiepileptic drugs.
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...