Hashimoto Thyroiditis – Dangerous Disease
The thyroid gland is an organ of the endocrine system, it produces two main hormones, T3 and T4, which play an important role in regulating the activity of some organs in the body such as the cardiovascular system, nervous system and system. digest ... as well as metabolizing carbohydrates, fats, proteins
A chronic inflammation of the thyroid gland (Hashimoto's thyroiditis) often results in a gradual damage to the thyroid gland, a decrease in the ability of the thyroid hormone to produce hypothyroidism
Symptoms: Hashimoto's thyroiditis has many symptoms but none of them are specific.
The disease usually progresses silently over many years, progressing gradually to hypothyroidism.
At that time, the patient showed symptoms of abnormalities and mainly symptoms of hypothyroidism. The symptoms are more or less severe or severe depending on the degree of hypothyroidism.
At first, patients often just feel tired, light weight gain, which many people think is a sign of old age. But when the disease gets worse, more and more severe symptoms cause the patient to see a doctor, which is: Fatigue; Scare cold; Severe constipation; Dry, pale skin; The face is round; Raucous; Unexplained weight gain despite anorexia, the level of weight gain usually ranges from 5 to 10 kg, mainly due to fluid retention; Muscle pain, stiffness in the shoulder and thigh muscles accompanied by muscle weakness, especially the lower extremities; Menstrual disorders, usually menstruation; Depression, drowsiness; The thyroid gland is often large (causing a goiter) but may also shrink, so a special examination of the thyroid will not reveal anything special.
If left untreated, symptoms will worsen and the thyroid gland will become enlarged, accompanied by forgetful patients, impaired memory, sluggish functioning, etc., which can be confused with mental illness
Some patients, especially older patients, may be comatose due to hypothyroidism (very severe).
There are also patients who were discovered by accident when testing found high blood fat, ineffective treatment. At that time, the physician was looking for the cause of dyslipidemia and detected hypothyroidism.
What are the complications of Hashimoto's thyroiditis?
Left untreated, Hashimoto's thyroiditis can greatly affect the health of the patient and cause complications such as goiter, cardiovascular disease, mental illness, edema and possibly birth defects in mothers. Hashimoto disease without treatment.
- The direction of Hashimoto thyroiditis depends on whether or not the patient has hypothyroidism. If there is no evidence of thyroid hormone deficiency, the patient does not need any treatment but needs regular examinations for early detection and timely treatment of hypothyroidism. So far, no medicine has the effect of treating Hashimoto's thyroiditis.
- For patients with hormone deficiency (with hypothyroidism) will be treated with synthetic thyroid hormone replacement, the drug has the same structure and effects of natural hormones produced by the thyroid.
- Usually after a short treatment, patients will feel less tired but to completely improve symptoms and test results (T4, TSH, cholesterol ...) to normal, it takes 3-6 months.
- Adjust the dose: Once hypothyroidism has occurred, patients with Hashimoto thyroiditis need lifetime replacement hormone therapy.
To make sure the dose works, patients need to be tested and evaluated regularly, perhaps monthly during the initial period until the appropriate dose is determined and then annually. Taking too high or too low doses of thyroxin is not good and can affect health.
Often patients start using low doses and then increase based on test results.
The target and also the thyroxin dose adjustment indicator is blood TSH, preferably at 0.5 - 2.5 U / l. Patients should remember that medication should not be taken in the morning on the day of the examination for accurate testing..
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...