Hepatitis E – Symptoms And Treatment
Although hepatitis E is not a common type of hepatitis such as hepatitis B and C, it is also very dangerous if the person has this disease. Because of its unpopularity, the concept of this pathology is still new, the following article would mention some of the remarkable issues of this pathology.
What is hepatitis E?
Hepatitis E is caused by and spread by the Hepatitis E virus (referred to as HEV). This is one of the viral diseases of the liver, the disease is mainly transmitted through the gastrointestinal tract (like hepatitis A) and is almost not transmitted by other routes such as blood, from mother to child, sexually transmitted. sex
The hepatitis E virus is found in polluted waste, faeces, waste, water, etc
human body, causing hepatitis E. They are present everywhere, especially in less developed countries such as the Middle East, Africa, India, Southeast Asia ... hepatitis E is very common. Out.
Hepatitis E is a disease with a very low probability of causing illness, only 1-10%, usually self-limited and resolves within 4-6 weeks
Hepatitis E is not common but it is not subjective
Is hepatitis E contagious?
As mentioned above, the infectious route of hepatitis E is mainly through the gastrointestinal tract (fecal - oral route), by humans ingesting food contaminated with this virus. Some other ways of transmission of the virus are: spread through infected blood or from mother to child during pregnancy. However, this is a very rare and almost uncommon situation.
Hepatitis E is usually associated with major epidemics, which will occur every 5 to 10 years and may be related to flooding. This situation is polluted water sources, food from there also contaminated. The process of food processing, humans are not hygienic, so the hepatitis E virus attacks the body causing this disease.
Therefore, in any situation, we must pay attention to cooked, boiled, hygienic, to avoid polluted food and water, need to be treated if the water is suspected to be contaminated. infected
Symptoms of hepatitis E
Hepatitis E is characterized by an incubation period lasting from 15 to 60 days after exposure to the bacteria, resolving within 4-6 weeks, the symptoms of the disease are also very mild and transient.
Compared with hepatitis A, B, C, the symptoms of this pathology are milder, the consequences are less serious. However, the disease can progress to malignancy and is very serious, especially for pregnant women. Some of the symptoms of the disease are noticed such as:
- The person presents with mild fever, tired person, body aches ... This sign is like a common cold so the patient may be confused and ignored.
- Jaundice, yellow eyes: General signs of liver diseases that are easy to see with the naked eye. At the stage of jaundice, hepatitis E virus is found in the stool of patients.
This is also the time when the virus can spread to others through water.
- Urine becomes dark with pale clay-like stools.
- Dull abdominal pain, the size of the liver is larger than normal so when pressing on the abdomen feels painful.
- In addition, the patient also appears more symptoms such as not eating well, nausea and vomiting ...
However, these symptoms usually last from 1 to 6 weeks, most patients do not need treatment, the disease will gradually subside and disappear. But there are some rare cases, if the liver is seriously damaged, it can affect the health and life of the patient.
Therefore, if the above symptoms are present, patients need to go to medical facilities immediately to be examined and treated early, to avoid prolonged illness, which will lead to chronic hepatitis E.
Jaundice and jaundice are typical symptoms of hepatitis E
Is hepatitis E dangerous?
According to statistics, the probability of getting infected with hepatitis E virus accounts for only 1-10%, the remaining 90% can recover by itself and do not need treatment if the body has good resistance. However, if under certain effects, once it becomes ill, it becomes a malignant disease, threatening the lives of patients.
So, to answer the question of whether hepatitis E is dangerous, the answer is yes. Hepatitis E virus can cause serious damage to the liver, they will produce substances that damage the liver cells, leading to other liver diseases such as cirrhosis, liver failure and even liver cancer.
Acute hepatitis E
In this stage, the patient presents with fever, fatigue, muscle and joint aches, anorexia, nausea or vomiting. A few have expressed jaundice, dark urine, fecal stools, skin itching ..
. but often go away on their own. However, in rare cases, severe cases of acute liver failure can occur, with mortality rates ranging from 1-3%. In addition, the disease will be very dangerous for pregnant women, the mortality rate is up to 10-30%
Gingivitis. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...