How Dangerous Is Hemolytic Anemia During Pregnancy?
Hemolytic anemia is an inherited blood disorder. Therefore, if a woman is planning to become pregnant, she should consult with her doctor about the risk of transmission to the child.
Hemolytic anemia is what disease?
Hemolytic anemia is an inherited blood disorder that occurs when a gene is mutated. The red blood cells of a patient are often fragile, and the life cycle is shorter than normal.
Red blood cell disruption on the one hand causes anemia, and on the other hand negatively affects other organs of the body due to insufficient blood supply to function
Hemolytic anemia is a genetic disease that is a recessive gene. Patients with recessive genes often do not have a clear expression, but they will express the dominant gene in the next generation. Therefore, if a woman has a disease gene in her, the risk of inheriting it to her baby is very high
Causes of hemolytic anemia
Hemolytic anemia caused by many causes, is divided into groups including:
Due to immunity
The antibodies inside the body are likely to trigger the reaction that causes rupture of red blood cells:
- Hemolytic anemia caused by autoimmune antibodies
- Reaction of blood transfusion process
- Due to infection
- Due to some other autoimmune diseases such as colitis, Lupus, rheumatoid arthritis .
- Due to malignancies: acute leukemia, lymphoma ...
Hemolytic anemia is a dangerous genetic disease
Not due to immunity
Ruptured erythrocytes are not related to antibodies but are caused by several reasons:
- Side effects of the drug: reduces the strength of the film causing fragile
- Poisoning due to bee stings, snake venom
- Deposition of excess material: thalassemia
- Abnormalities in red blood cell structure: Hemoglobin disease
- Lack of enzyme has the function of stabilizing red blood cells like G6DP enzyme
- After heart surgery
Is hemolytic anemia dangerous?
Hemolytic anemia is a dangerous genetic disease. It not only affects the health of the mother but also inherits to the child
Affect the health of the pregnant mother
When pregnant, pregnant women easily fall into a state of stress, fatigue.
This makes the symptoms of hemolytic anemia more clearly and exacerbated. In particular, the heart and liver are the two most vulnerable parts. In addition, the hormonal system secretes in the mother's body is also affected.
When pregnant, the mother needs to produce more blood than usual to provide blood to the body, while providing blood to the fetus. Therefore, pregnant women with hemolytic anemia are very prone to severe anemia. In many cases, the pregnancy requires a blood transfusion during pregnancy.
Hemolytic anemia also makes pregnant women an increased risk of developing type 1 diabetes. Therefore, patients need to have a health check before pregnancy to prevent possible negative effects.
Affect the baby's development
Depending on the parents' mutated gene type, the risk of developing the disease as well as the symptoms of the disease in children varies from severe to mild. If both parents are ill, the child will have this condition.
In severe cases, the fetus may die in the womb due to anemia. In mild cases, the disease may manifest when the baby is 6-24 months old with symptoms such as jaundice, growth retardation, fatigue, diarrhea, fever ... If not treated early, the child will develop retardation, even death.
Hemolytic anemia can be transmitted to children so pregnant women should be aware
If the couple carries the recessive gene, the risk of having a baby is 25% higher than that of the dominant gene and the disease being severe.
At that time, the baby will seem to have a blood transfusion for a lifetime. If only one parent is infected, the baby's risk of infection is only 50% but in a mild form, little manifestation.
Be careful during pregnancy
Currently, many women who are screened during pregnancy are diagnosed with hemolytic anemia, but most of them are mild (recessive gene). In this case, the doctor will ask the husband to have a blood test to see if he is infected.
If the husband also has hemolytic anemia, the ability to give birth will carry the dominant gene, that is, he will develop hemolytic anemia, later his life will be associated with blood transfusion.
If the husband is not sick, the chance that a child will be born 50% is not infected and 50% is a mild infection, which means that he still has a normal life.
Therefore, pregnant women should not be too worried when they see the conclusion that they have hemolytic anemia. Mothers still have the ability to have healthy and normal children because the rate of both husband and wife suffering from this disease is very low, mainly in ethnic minority areas due to the custom of marrying with blood relatives.
Even so, mothers should also be cautious during pregnancy to limit and overcome hemolysis by avoiding the risk of malaria, viral fever, diabetes, ... by sleeping in bed, eat in moderation and quality, add foods from beans to improve resistance, do not drink alcohol, smoke, avoid contact with places with hazardous environments.
Folic acid is also an agent that helps the body make new red blood cells. Therefore, mothers should supplement foods rich in folic acid before and during pregnancy to help the fetus be healthy.
Treatment is lacking. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...