How Do Pregnant Women With Fever Affect The Fetus?
Fever is a common condition in humans. It is not too dangerous, but for pregnant women, you must be very careful because pregnant women with fever can adversely affect the health of the fetus.
When it is determined that the pregnant woman has a fever
Fever is the reaction of the body before the pathological process, the most obvious manifestation is that the body temperature rises higher than 37 degrees C. There are many causes of fever due to infections, viruses, parasites ... invading the body through through the respiratory, digestive and blood routes.
Fever has many different levels
5 and 38 degrees C, it is considered a low fever and has little effect on the fetus. Fever of 38 degrees or higher is considered severe. If the fever persists and there is no level of remission, it can be dangerous for the fetus: premature birth, miscarriage, birth defects, sepsis in pregnancy ... Therefore, pregnant women need to pay special attention, to seek medical attention. Immediately to prevent possible complications
Cause pregnant women have a fever
There are several causes of pregnancy fever, such as:
- Urinary infection
- Infections of the digestive tract
- Infections of the upper respiratory tract
- Amniotic membrane inflammation
- Listeria infection
- Miscarriage due to urinary tract infection
Fever in pregnant women is sometimes not as normal as others but it can be a warning sign of dangerous abnormalities.
Therefore, the best way, a mother should see a doctor when she has symptoms of fever.
Fever is a common condition and it is quite dangerous for pregnant women
Pregnant women with fever is dangerous?
Fever is a dangerous condition for pregnant mothers, only mild or severe. If the fever is higher than 39.5 degrees Celsius, there may be a life-threatening risk to the fetus.
If the pregnant mother has a high fever in the first 3 months of pregnancy, the risk of neural tube defects in the fetus is very high. From the 2nd trimester onwards, fever is no longer dangerous unless the pregnant mother has a fever due to uterine infection.
In the early stages of pregnancy there will be protein metabolism and a number of other physiological processes. Protein metabolism is always sensitive to heat, so if at this stage, the mother has a fever, the body temperature from 37 to 39.
5 degrees C will make the protein go the wrong route and the consequences can cause you to miscarry. pregnant.
What should pregnant mothers do when having a fever?
For many people, fever is easily treated, just taking antibiotics can help you get better. However, for pregnant women, antibiotics are not a good choice because it more or less affects the fetus, especially for pregnant mothers who have a fever during the first 3 months of pregnancy.
When you feel your body is having a fever, the first thing to do is use a wet washcloth to cover the body temperature to reduce heat. Mom can lie down and apply wet towels to her forehead and cheeks. In case the mother has a fever above 38 degrees, wipe with a warm cloth. Mater thoroughly wipe the neck, chest, groin and wipe continuously until the body temperature drops below 38 degrees C.
Especially remember to use a thermometer to measure body temperature continuously.
When having a fever, pregnant women should lie down and rest in a cool place with fresh air. It's best to open the window to let in the cool air and breeze outside instead of sitting on the air conditioner. Natural wind will help mom reduce fever quickly.
Mom should wear just enough clothes, no need to warm up too much, but do not dress well. The reason is because wearing too much will cause body temperature to rise, making the fever worse. But if you wear too thin, sometimes you feel chills and the body must produce more heat to balance.
When having a fever, mom should drink plenty of water.
Pregnant women can drink water or juice but need to make sure the fruit is clean, free of chemicals. Orange juice helps to increase the resistance very well, so I prefer to drink this kind of water.
When pregnant, pregnant mothers should drink plenty of water, water or juice
Diet should also be considered when pregnant mothers have a fever. You should choose foods that are rich in nutrients and can increase the body's resistance. Mom should eat easily digestible foods, limit hot, greasy foods.
If the fever is very high and persists, the mother should see a doctor for instructions on appropriate treatment. In case of having to use medicine, the doctor will prescribe the appropriate and safe medicine for the fetus, the mother must not buy the medicine by herself.
Note when pregnant women take medicine to reduce fever
Pregnant women are special subjects, which should be considered when giving medicines.
This is because certain drugs are at risk of causing birth defects, causing miscarriage in the first 3 months of pregnancy and causing premature birth in the last 3 months of pregnancy. Any unsafe drug has the potential to lead to one of the three risks, so pregnant women need to be very careful about using fever-reducing medicines.
The use of antipyretic drugs in pregnant women must absolutely follow the instructions of the doctor, take the right medicine, the right dose and the right way. Just a small mistake can accidentally harm the fetus, make the baby deformed, even suspend pregnancy before the age of weeks.
5 ways to reduce fever at home safely for pregnant mothers
Instead of taking medicine that could harm your unborn baby, pregnant women with fever can use some of the following methods to reduce fever at home.
Warm towels and water
When having a fever, pregnant women should use a towel soaked in warm water to wipe all over the body to cool down. She should wipe a lot in areas such as neck, ná. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...