How To Deal With Cramps During Pregnancy
Cramps during the early stages of pregnancy are a relatively common phenomenon. Here is how to handle this situation pregnant women should know.
What is cramp?
Cramping is a sudden, involuntary and painful spasm in a muscle that makes movement difficult. Cramping can occur in any muscle, but is common in the calves between the knees and ankles, thigh and hip muscles (front and rear thigh muscles between knees and hips), along the hands, feet and abs.
The muscles may only last a few seconds to a few minutes but may also go away and then return. The disease usually occurs at night while sleeping or after exercise, using muscles long term.
Signs of cramps occur during pregnancy
Cramps are a common phenomenon in women during pregnancy and have the following signs:
- The time of cramping is right after the first sleep
- The 3rd month of pregnancy is the time when uncomfortable feeling due to cramps and pain appears more and more frequently as the fetus grows. This can occur during the day and is usually worse at night, which affects the sleep of the pregnant mother, but does not leave any consequences for the mother and will resolve on her own by the end of pregnancy
- The most common site of cramping includes calves, thighs, and feet, especially in the calves.
Also often seen in the hands, trunk. Note the case of abdominal cramps should be noted because of the possibility of miscarriage. In addition to sudden pain, women may also feel or see a hard mass of tissue beneath the skin.
- If a woman has cramps accompanied by symptoms such as bleeding, severe pain in the abdomen or on the top of the shoulder, increased body temperature or severe pain in the affected part, it is necessary to seek medical attention promptly. Investigate and treat promptly.
Cramps often occur in calves, thighs, feet, especially in the calves
Cause pregnant mother cramps
In normal people, muscle spasms occur when muscles are overworked or suddenly and excessively stimulated. The cause of muscle spasms is often due to electrolyte disorders, such as water salt balance disorders, sodium, potassium, calcium balance disorders
In pregnant women, when the uterus expands to create a place for the baby to sleep, the muscles and ligaments that support the uterus are stretched. This can cause soreness for pregnant women, especially during the first trimester of pregnancy. The veins that supply blood to the uterus are also suppressed, causing uncomfortable heaviness. Often muscle cramps can be felt right in the lower abdomen.
In addition, due to the pregnancy, pregnant women can vomit, eat poorly, lose weight ...
leading to dehydration, and electrolyte balance disorders. This is the main cause of muscle spasms.
In the later months of pregnancy, due to the increasing requirement of calcium for the fetus, there will be a change in intracellular and extracellular calcium balance, as well as a change in the tendency of calcium intake and elimination to suit bridge ... electrolyte balance disorders especially calcium can occur and often manifested by the condition.
Deal with cramps
When pregnant, cramping, the mother should calm down and follow these steps:
- Stretch your legs: Try to straighten your legs, start gently massaging the ankles and toes. This may cause pain in the beginning but the pain will gradually disappear.
- Massage the muscles that are contracting.
- Take a hot water bottle and place it on the cramp.
- Go. A few steps will also help the cramps through quickly.
Or moms can go to the bed and put their feet on the ground or heels when lying flat to touch the wall, can also stretch the soles forward to extend the shin.
In addition, straightening your knees, then arching your feet back to the back of the knee, bending upwards, gently rotating your feet will help reduce cramps.
Stretch your legs and massage the muscles when cramping
How to prevent cramps in pregnant women
- Washing, soaking your feet in warm water before bed and some massage for 10 to 15 minutes is an extremely effective way to prevent cramps during pregnancy. When sleeping, pregnant women should rest their legs on a high pillow.
- Exercise gentle exercises such as stretching your arms, hands, massaging both ankles in a clockwise direction. These exercises will help pregnant women get deeper and better sleep, prevent cramps at night.
- Don't stand up for too long or sit cross-legged. Should change the standing position, sitting. Every time sitting, working, eating, or watching television, pregnant women should massage their ankles and toes to relax.
- Actively participate in outdoor activities. Sunbathing is an example, because this is an activity that helps pregnant women supplement with vitamin D and has the effect of helping the body absorb calcium better.
Suggest gentle exercise movements for pregnant women
- Avoid getting tired, lying on your left side to improve blood circulation to and from your feet.
- Eat lots of foods with calcium such as fish, milk, eggs, chicken, beans, legumes, vegetables, sesame, crustaceans, seaweeds, perilla, etc.
- Drinking enough water will help the blood to transport oxygen to the muscles, helping the muscles to function normally. When drinking from 8-10. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...