How To Take Emergency Contraceptive Pills?
Using emergency contraception can prevent up to 95% of pregnancies when done properly after sex.
What is emergency contraception?
Emergency contraception refers to methods of contraception that can be used to prevent pregnancy after sexual intercourse. They are recommended for use within 5 days but the sooner they are used after sexual intercourse, the more effective.
How does emergency contraception prevent pregnancy?
Emergency contraception prevents pregnancy by preventing or delaying ovulation and they do not cause miscarriage.
Copper intrauterine devices prevent fertilization by causing chemical changes in sperm and eggs before they meet
Emergency contraception does not disrupt established pregnancy or harm the developing embryo.
Subjects may use emergency contraception
Any woman of childbearing age can use emergency contraception to avoid unwanted pregnancy.
There are no absolute medical contraindications to the use of emergency contraception
There is no age limit for using emergency contraception.
However, people with special medical conditions should consult with their obstetrician before using any emergency contraception and contraception.
When to use emergency contraception
Intensive contraception can be used in the following situations:
Having sex without contraception;
Being sexually assaulted in the absence of contraception.
Improper use of contraception or concerns about possible pregnancy; such as: condoms are torn, slipped; miscalculating the safe menstrual cycle for intercourse; contraception; miss or late take daily birth control pills like:
- 3 hours later than the proestogen-only time (minipill), or more than 27 hours after the previous dose;
- 12 hours late than the time of taking conventional desogestrel pills (0.75 mg) or more than 36 hours after taking the previous medication;
- More than 2 weeks late for the injectable proestogen norethisterone enanthate (NET-EN);
- More than 4 weeks late for drugs that contain only proestogen-depro-medroxyprogesterone acetate (DMPA);
- More than 7 days late for combined injection contraception (CIC);
Methods of emergency contraception
There are two methods of emergency contraception:
Methods for insertion of emergency IUDs with copper intrauterine device (IUD);
Emergency contraceptive pills (ECPs) come in three forms:
Emergency contraceptive pills contain UPA
Emergency contraceptive pills contain LNG
Combined oral contraceptives (COCs)
Copper IUDs are the most effective form of emergency contraception available.
Emergency contraceptive regimens recommended by WHO are ulipristal acetate, levonorgestrel or combined oral contraceptives (COCs) including ethinyl estradiol plus levonorgestrel.
Emergency contraceptive pills of 1 tablet and 2 pills
Copper contraception emergency
Emergency contraceptives (ECPs) and combined oral contraceptives (COC)
Instructions for use of emergency contraception
Emergency contraceptive pills with UPA single dose 30 mg;
Emergency contraception pills with LNG are taken 1 dose of 1.5 mg orally orally in 2 doses of 0
COCs are given in divided doses: a dose of 100 μg ethinyl estradiol plus 0.
5 mg LNG. This is followed by a second dose of 100 μg ethinyl estradiol plus 0.5 mg LNG 12 hours later.
Effective emergency contraception
A meta-analysis shows:
Women who use emergency contraception with UPA have a pregnancy rate of 1.2%;
Using emergency contraception with LNG has a pregnancy rate of 1.2% to 2.1%.
In addition, the effectiveness of oral contraceptives depends on the time taken after intercourse.
Emergency contraception is available 24 hours, 36 hours, 48 hours, 72 hours and 120 hours. The sooner you take it, the higher the contraceptive effect:
Take the pill for 24 hours, the contraceptive effect can reach 95%;
Taking medication within 24 - 48 hours, the contraceptive effect can reach 85%;
Taking medication for 48 - 72 hours, the contraceptive effect is only about 58%;
The time to use birth control pills
Ideally, emergency contraception or combination contraception should be taken as soon as possible after unprotected intercourse and for a maximum of 120 hours.
Emergency contraceptive pills with UPA are more effective between 72 hours and 120 hours after unprotected intercourse than other emergency contraceptive pills.
Side effects of emergency contraception
The side effects of emergency contraceptives are similar to those of daily oral contraceptives. Such as:
Nausea and vomiting;
Menopause, irregular menstruation;
Side effects are usually uncommon, mild and go away on their own without additional medicine. Besides:
Emergency contraceptive pills are not harmful to future fertility;
No obstruction, no adverse effects on fertility after emergency contraceptive use in intercourse. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...