Infection In The Newborn
Babies can become infected through blood-born from mother to baby, through amniotic fluid, through contact at birth ... and seriously affect the baby.
Why are children infected?
Children can become infected through the following:
- Mother-to-child blood-borne transmission: is the route of transmission that occurs before birth, often with such factors as congenital syphilis, HIV, rubeola, cytomegalo virus, toxoplasmo
- Amniocentesis: due to maternal urogenital infection, mother with cervical openings, premature rupture of membranes, multiple vaginal exams.
- Transmission through contact at birth: sometimes through the uterus, vagina, vulva during prolonged labor.
- Due to the environment: causing postpartum sepsis
Increased risk of prolonged hospital stay, asphyxiation, resuscitation at delivery, preterm, low birth weight
How do you know if a child has an infection?
The signs and symptoms used to identify NTSS are diverse and easily overlap with other illnesses. The child may be unwell: less play, less movement than usual. More severe children may have fever or hypothermia, jaundice, poor feeding or quitting. The child may be tired (shortness of breath, unusually concave chest), abdominal distention, diarrhea, bloody sputum. Children may show signs of local infection: skin, navel, eyes.
So when to bring children medical examination?
Take the child to the hospital immediately without delay when: shortness of breath, convulsions, fever or feel cold, bleeding, diarrhea, being too light weight, completely unable to suck. Take the child to a health facility as quickly as possible if the child: difficult to suck, pus eyes, pustules, jaundice, umbilical red or purulent discharge, suckling less than 5 times in 24 hours
How to prevent NTSS?
Measures taken before birth
- Mothers have a prenatal checkup and full immunization.
Good treatment of maternal urogenital diseases and infections.
- Providing adequate micronutrients for mothers, preventing malnutrition for mothers.
- Good hygiene and hygiene for pregnant mothers.
- Good management of cases of early amniotic rupture, amniotic rupture. Avoid prolonged labor
- Ensuring clean birth. Avoid infections spread by tools, caregivers' hands, as well as maternal infections that must be treated well at birth.
- Avoid obstetric complications: asphyxia, obstetrical injury for mother and child.
Measures taken after birth
- Wash hands before and after looking after a newborn.
This is a very important and effective measure to prevent NTSS.
- Skin, navel and eye hygiene.
- Infant room needs to be airy, warm, clean and have enough light.
- Breastfeeding children.
(According to MA. LE KHANH VAN // Suckhoe & Đoisong). . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...