Iron Supplement Before Pregnancy
Iron deficiency is one of the common conditions in pregnant women and can adversely affect fetal development. So when planning to have a baby, women need to supplement the iron needed to ensure entering a healthy pregnancy.
According to data of the World Health Organization, an estimated 43% of women aged 15-50 in developed countries have anemia, during pregnancy the rate increased to 56-80. % of cases of iron deficiency anemia.
Why iron supplementation before pregnancy?
Women of reproductive age often face a high risk of iron deficiency because every month they go through the menstrual cycle, causing a shortage of blood in the body and a few other causes
In addition, women who give birth many times, the risk of iron deficiency is also higher, because each birth gives blood loss. So to ensure enough iron needs during pregnancy, the woman's body must have iron reserves of at least 300mg before conception
How much iron is needed?
According to experts' recommendations, pregnant women need to supplement about 15mg -30mg daily. And during pregnancy, pregnant women need about 30-60mg iron per day. During breastfeeding, for mothers over the age of 19, at least 10mg of iron is required daily.
Women before pregnancy need to supplement about 15mg -30mg per day
Effect of iron deficiency on the health of pregnant women and the fetus
Before pregnancy, if iron deficiency is, it will adversely affect the fetal development and the mother's health.
For the mother
Women who suffer from iron deficiency anemia often exhibit dizziness, dizziness, shortness of breath, etc. leading to a very high risk of miscarriage and postpartum hemorrhage
For the fetus
Iron is responsible for helping move oxygen from the lungs to parts of the mother's body and to the fetus. If iron deficiency anemia occurs, the fetus will not receive enough oxygen, leading to malnutrition. The bad consequence is that babies are often born premature and underweight.
In addition, iron deficiency anemia right from the womb directly affects the physical and mental development of the child in the future.
Method of iron supplementation before pregnancy
There are many ways women can get the iron they need before pregnancy. Here are a few small suggestions for expectant mothers.
Iron supplementation through organic iron tablets: contains important components such as ferrous fumarate (in the form of organic iron), folic acid, vitamin B12, vitamin E, zinc, black sesame oil. This is a useful product for women before, during and after pregnancy.
Drink iron-containing products: this is also a method to help provide the deficiency of iron to the body every day. In addition, experts recommend combining iron and folic acid in the first 3 months of pregnancy.
Taking iron-containing products is a method to help supply the deficiency of iron to the body every day
Increase iron-rich foods: There are two types of iron in foods that you can add:
Heme iron is the best iron for the body and can be found in animal products such as beef, chicken ...
Iron is found in plant products such as beans, spinach, tofu, and instant cereals.
Notes on iron supplementation before pregnancy
- Avoid iron at the same time as calcium and milk because these two can reduce iron absorption, should drink at least 2 hours apart.
- Do not drink iron in the evening because it can cause side effects such as hot body, trouble sleeping.
- To enhance the absorption of iron, it is necessary to take in combination with vitamin C or supplement with vitamin C from fruits such as oranges, lemons, strawberries, grapefruit ...
- Use of iron tablets can cause irritation of the digestive tract, causing constipation, so pregnant women need to combine iron intake with eating plenty of fiber and water supplements necessary to limit the risk of constipation.
Pregnant women need to combine iron intake with eating plenty of fiber and necessary water supplements to limit the risk of constipation
In addition, cases of mistaken drinking large amounts of iron can cause signs of iron poisoning. Cases of iron supplementation in excess of the body's pre-pregnancy dosage may lead to an increase in free iron and hemoglobin levels in the blood, an excess of stored iron. The results lead to adverse effects on maternal health and fetal development.
Thus, to ensure the effectiveness and safety of supplemental iron supplementation, tests to assess iron stores in the body such as ferritin concentration, transferin should be conducted periodically in the stream.
. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...