Iron Supplement Before Pregnancy
Iron deficiency is one of the common conditions in pregnant women and can adversely affect fetal development. So when planning to have a baby, women need to supplement the iron needed to ensure entering a healthy pregnancy.
According to data of the World Health Organization, an estimated 43% of women aged 15-50 in developed countries have anemia, during pregnancy the rate increased to 56-80. % of cases of iron deficiency anemia.
Why iron supplementation before pregnancy?
Women of reproductive age often face a high risk of iron deficiency because every month they go through the menstrual cycle, causing a shortage of blood in the body and a few other causes. Iron is an important component of hemoglobin and a deficiency of large amounts of iron over a long period of time causes red blood cell reproduction and anemia.
In addition, women who give birth many times, the risk of iron deficiency is also higher, because each birth gives blood loss. So to ensure enough iron needs during pregnancy, the woman's body must have iron reserves of at least 300mg before conception
How much iron is needed?
According to experts' recommendations, pregnant women need to supplement about 15mg -30mg daily. And during pregnancy, pregnant women need about 30-60mg iron per day. During breastfeeding, for mothers over the age of 19, at least 10mg of iron is required daily.
Women before pregnancy need to supplement about 15mg -30mg per day
Effect of iron deficiency on the health of pregnant women and the fetus
Before pregnancy, if iron deficiency is, it will adversely affect the fetal development and the mother's health.
For the mother
Women who suffer from iron deficiency anemia often exhibit dizziness, dizziness, shortness of breath, etc. leading to a very high risk of miscarriage and postpartum hemorrhage
For the fetus
Iron is responsible for helping move oxygen from the lungs to parts of the mother's body and to the fetus. If iron deficiency anemia occurs, the fetus will not receive enough oxygen, leading to malnutrition. The bad consequence is that babies are often born premature and underweight.
In addition, iron deficiency anemia right from the womb directly affects the physical and mental development of the child in the future.
Method of iron supplementation before pregnancy
There are many ways women can get the iron they need before pregnancy. Here are a few small suggestions for expectant mothers.
Iron supplementation through organic iron tablets: contains important components such as ferrous fumarate (in the form of organic iron), folic acid, vitamin B12, vitamin E, zinc, black sesame oil. This is a useful product for women before, during and after pregnancy.
Drink iron-containing products: this is also a method to help provide the deficiency of iron to the body every day. In addition, experts recommend combining iron and folic acid in the first 3 months of pregnancy.
Taking iron-containing products is a method to help supply the deficiency of iron to the body every day
Increase iron-rich foods: There are two types of iron in foods that you can add:
Heme iron is the best iron for the body and can be found in animal products such as beef, chicken ...
Iron is found in plant products such as beans, spinach, tofu, and instant cereals.
Notes on iron supplementation before pregnancy
- Avoid iron at the same time as calcium and milk because these two can reduce iron absorption, should drink at least 2 hours apart.
- Do not drink iron in the evening because it can cause side effects such as hot body, trouble sleeping.
- To enhance the absorption of iron, it is necessary to take in combination with vitamin C or supplement with vitamin C from fruits such as oranges, lemons, strawberries, grapefruit ...
- Use of iron tablets can cause irritation of the digestive tract, causing constipation, so pregnant women need to combine iron intake with eating plenty of fiber and water supplements necessary to limit the risk of constipation.
Pregnant women need to combine iron intake with eating plenty of fiber and necessary water supplements to limit the risk of constipation
In addition, cases of mistaken drinking large amounts of iron can cause signs of iron poisoning. Cases of iron supplementation in excess of the body's pre-pregnancy dosage may lead to an increase in free iron and hemoglobin levels in the blood, an excess of stored iron. The results lead to adverse effects on maternal health and fetal development.
Thus, to ensure the effectiveness and safety of supplemental iron supplementation, tests to assess iron stores in the body such as ferritin concentration, transferin should be conducted periodically in the stream.
. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- The World Health Organization has warned of an antibiotic crisis, meaning that antibiotics will become more and more useless due to drug-resistant bacteria. We could soon run out of all new antibiotics and start dying from infections that we learned to treat 100 years ago. The catastrophe could be ...According to Assoc. Dr. Tran Dac Phu, complicated changes of pathogens caused by viruses and bacteria are the cause of many diseases (especially in the summer) in many countries, including Vietnam. Mr. Phu shared, besides the diseases that have been eliminated, such as smallpox, polio, neonatal ...According to Assoc. On the one hand, acknowledging the results achieved in the prevention of epidemics in Vietnam over the past time, Mr. Tran Dac Phu still expressed his concern about the constant change of viruses and bacteria, especially in summer time. Hot weather combined with other factors ...Avoid going outdoors when the sun is hot in the middle of the day, trying to drink enough water with little other feeling, wear anti-glare glasses ... are things the elderly should pay attention to during the dry season to limit the risk of stroke. Lan Lan () Lan Lan () According to the search key: ...80% of the population suffers from life back problems, low back pain is the most common cause of disability in the world. Le Nguyen (Theo Visually) According to theNew US research shows that divorced people are at a higher risk of heart attack than groups of the same age who are maintaining marriage. Photo: BBC. The study, published in the journal Circulation, argues that the chronic stress caused by divorce has long-term effects on a person's overall health. ...Passive smoking increases the risk of gum disease by 62%, according to new research by the University of North Carolina scientists. The above results are drawn after analyzing the medical records of more than 3,000 non-smokers aged 20. Volunteers are given oral examination and blood samples are ...Scientists have taken breathing air samples from hundreds of patients to analyze the chemical integration, helping to detect the potential risk of stomach cancer. Stomach cancer can be detected early through the breath. Photo: BBC. According to the BBC, stomach cancer affects about 7,300 people in ...Avoid spicy and sour foods until the sores heal. You can rinse your mouth with warm, thin salt water 2 times a day. An oral ulcer can be a manifestation of many diseases such as canker sores (often referred to as canker sores), ulcers caused by the herpes virus, ulcers caused by bacteria that cause ...Sunstroke, boils, diarrhea, malaria ... are children's diseases that can be encountered in the summer and you can completely help prevent them in a number of simple and effective ways. Sun stroke Summer can be great for kids because it's not learning and just having fun makes them excited. Children ...