Is Oral Abscess In Children Dangerous?
Milk tooth decay and permanent tooth decay in children with its complication is that tooth abscess not only affects the shape of the baby's face, ability to pronounce. This is what parents need to be concerned about.
The progression and stages of tooth decay
The progression of caries in milk teeth is similar to that of permanent teeth, but at a faster rate. Initially lesions are white marks on the surface of enamel.
If not treated, tooth decay will continue to destroy the enamel layer (enamel), then the dentin layer, this stage grows faster than the tooth enamel and the tooth decay spreads
Depth 1: acid enamel attacked and destroyed, enamel surface with white spots after turning black. Deep in enamel no sensation and no pain.
Depth 2: dentin is destroyed, children will feel cherished when eating cold and sour food
Depth 3: if the tooth has a cavity without filling immediately, the tooth decay progresses to the marrow, the sensation of pain is even more sensitive.
At this stage, the child's teeth are in severe pain, which is acute myelitis.
Depth 4: if myelitis is left untreated (root canal removal), it will kill the bone marrow for a long time, the pulp will rot and the infection will enter the bone and can create pus that causes abscess in the root, cellulitis and Can cause osteoarthritis.
The cause of tooth abscess
Tooth abscesses are often a complication of tooth decay, bacteria are often present in plaque, making their way into the teeth.
In addition, it may also be caused by trauma, broken or chipped teeth. The enamel breaks open causing bacteria to enter the pulp and cause an infection.
The main symptom of an oral abscess is an acute and intense pain in the affected tooth. Toothache in a child and around the tooth area, may have been a long time without a toothache
Other symptoms of a dental abscess may also be noted:
- Redness and swelling of the gums.
- Sensitive to hot or cold food.
- May be headache, hot, fever.
- There is an unpleasant odor in the child's mouth, bad breath.
- Pain when chewing.
- Children feel tired, unwell.
- Pus that is thick and foul smelling may come out and the pain will stop right after drainage.
Abscess around the tooth: bacteria get into the tooth through holes deep into the marrow, causing a pulp infection, called myelitis.
When the pulp becomes inflamed, it opens the way for bacteria to enter the alveolar bone that forms an abscess around the tip, which is common in children.
Periodontal abscess: bacteria present in the plaque cause periodontitis. The gums become inflamed, which can cause periodontal ligaments to separate from the tooth surface, forming periodontal pockets.
This periodontal bag is easily contaminated and then bacteria will grow in the periodontal pocket to form periodontal abscess. This is a common oral abscess in adults, but can also occur in children.
Does tooth abscess cause serious complications in children?
With proper dental treatment, an tooth abscess can be handled fairly easily. However, in some cases, complications may occur.
Most complications arise as a result of a bacterial infection spread when the abscess is not treated.
Must remove the tooth: in case of severe infection spread from the root and go into the jaw bone and spread to soft tissue.
If not properly treated, then the teeth can no longer be kept and preserved, eventually having to remove the cause teeth.
Dental cysts: if a tooth abscess does not cure, a fluid-filled cavity may develop under the child's root.
Sinus infections: can occur if the teeth are caused by the upper teeth are located near the sinuses.
Infectious endocarditis: can occur when bacteria from an tooth abscess through the blood vessels. These bacteria can reach the heart and can sometimes lead to deadly consequences.
Disseminated inflammation and gangrene of the oral floor (Ludwig Angina): a serious infection spreads to the sides of the tongue, under the jaw and under the chin and is sometimes fatal.
It usually occurs in adults, caused by an abscess that has not been treated. The danger is that it can develop obstructing the airways and cause suffocation leading to death.
Brain abscess: can occur, the infection can spread from tooth to brain through blood vessels. Brain infection can lead to coma.
- Pay attention every day to comply with certain dental care principles. Must keep good oral hygiene for children after meals and oral care for children properly.
Brush your teeth properly and at the right time, it is best to brush your teeth immediately after eating, even when eating only confectionery, or snacking.
- Create a habit for children to floss. Flossing helps you get rid of bacteria growing between teeth. Brushing is not sufficiently effective, flossing twice a day.
- Let your child rinse their mouth with antibacterial water after brushing their teeth once or twice daily to eliminate plaque on the surface of their teeth.
If plaque persists, it can cause gum disease, gingivitis and cavities.
- Do not give children high-sugar foods such as lollipops, hard candy and stay away from soft, sticky foods such as marshmallows, raisins, dried fruits ....
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...