Management Of Pruritus During Pregnancy
Avoid long, hot showers or showers in the bath. Use a cool washcloth or a warm washcloth to apply to the affected area.
Some women find the palms and soles flushed and itchy, while others experience itching with signs of a body rash. Itching may increase at the moment of showering or just before bed.
- Uterine growth: this is the most common cause of pruritus during pregnancy. The growth of the uterus to make room for a baby makes the skin relax, dry and become uncomfortable, itchy.
- Due to an increase in the hormone estrogen: this sign may disappear naturally after birth.
- Factors such as pregnant women with a history of dry skin, eczema or food allergy make the itching worse
- Women with cholestasis in the liver (bile circulation is poor) may also have dry skin and itching.
This condition can be accompanied by other signs such as loss of appetite, nausea, fatigue, even jaundice. Folliculitis in pregnancy: This disease begins in the third quarter of pregnancy. Signs accompanied by the appearance of papules in the hair follicles, causing itching.
- Bullous dermatitis: this disease appears about the 20th week - 21 weeks of pregnancy. At first, you may see patches of urticaria, blisters growing around the navel, thighs. Then, these blisters spread to the abdomen, back, hands, feet .
- In addition, other causes of pruritus during pregnancy: you sweat a lot; you have hemorrhoids, can cause anal itching; Excessive stretch marks (often appear in the last months of pregnancy), itching patches appear on the abdomen, chest, buttocks, thighs ...
To limit itching during pregnancy
Should wash up, wear clean clothes to avoid the phenomenon of sweating; Avoid going outside when it is sunny or residing in hot places.
Avoid long, hot showers or showers in the bath. This will only make your skin dry out more quickly and itch further. If using a shower gel, choose a one that has a moderate pH. Some inappropriate shower gels can make your skin more dry and itchy.
For safety, choose a non-irritating shower gel (suitable for even sensitive skin). Or you can shower with warm water without shower gel. Occasionally use a warm bath with oatmeal (this is the way baths appear in many spas). This method works to improve skin itching during pregnancy.
Soap and skin care products containing high concentrations of caustic soda, which are easily irritating, should be avoided.
You can use a cool washcloth or a warm washcloth to apply to the itchy skin, alleviating itchiness. Or use a cool compress or a warm compress to ease the itch. It should be noted to avoid scratching, scratching when itching.
The reason is because the more you scratch it, the more itchy it becomes. In addition, if scratched much will make the skin in that area even more excited, easy to leave sequelae later. You can gently pat (rub) the itchy area with your hand. Also cut your nails, hand hygiene to avoid infection on the itchy skin.
To reduce itching due to changes in vaginal pH during pregnancy, the vaginal area should always be kept dry, clean. If you want to use a feminine hygiene solution, choose the appropriate type. On the market, there are several types of feminine hygiene solutions that are contraindicated for pregnant women. Also do not abuse the type of cleaning solution because they can change the natural pH environment of the vagina.
Avoid allergy-prone foods; fortify foods rich in vitamin A (found in fish, eggs, vegetables, tubers) ... and drink water daily.
Some topical creams, which help prevent stretch marks and moisturizers, can ease itching. For the abdomen, you should apply (rub) the cream gently, to avoid stimulation of uterine contractions.
If the itching becomes severe, you should consult your doctor about drug use. You should not arbitrarily use the drug because, most of the over-the-counter pruritus medications are for adults and children over 12 years old.
Note, most cases of pruritus during pregnancy are safe for the baby's health. The only inconvenience is that it makes the mother lose aesthetic factors and difficulties in daily activities.
Some points to note
Often, severe itching during the second or third trimester can be a sign of cholestatic disease in the liver of pregnancy. When bile is not normally circulating in the small tubes of the liver, bile salts build up in the skin and make you itch everywhere. Itchiness can be very intense. This condition does not cause a rash, but your skin may be red, painful with small cuts in the area where your skin scratches a lot because of itching.
Other symptoms may include anorexia, jaundice, vomiting, nausea, and pale stools.
Signs should go to the doctor
- You have generalized itching accompanied by signs of jaundice: you may be suffering from poor circulation.
- You have a rash and fever: may have chickenpox, herpes ...
- Itching and itching associated with skin damage: eczema, psoriasis may occur ...
If you have itching and signs of vaginal burning: you may have a vaginal yeast infection or other sexually transmitted infections..
. Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...