10 Questions About Male Infertility
Modern medicine brings us incredible results. However, hope does not always come true. Let the experts learn about the disease.
1. How many couples are infertile?
It is estimated that 4 to 5% of couples do not have children in their lifetime
However, people have the impression that infertility rates are increasing because the number of couples visiting doctors about infertility problems is getting more frequent and early. About 20-25% of French couples see a doctor about this problem
How long does it take to see a doctor?
According to experts, infertility is understood as: a couple who has regular sex, does not use any contraception, has no children within 2 years is called infertility.
This may sound like a long time, but experts explain that the rate of random conception is only 15-25% during the ovulation cycle of a woman who has regular sex.
So only 60% of couples who want to have children can achieve their goals in 6 months, 80% in 1 year and 90% in 18 months.
However, the time to see a doctor depends on the age of the sister, the health of both spouses.
3. What causes the husband to account for?
A few decades ago, people still thought that the issue of not having children entirely by the wife. However, modern medicine proves that the cause of the husbands is not small, in recent years has increased significantly
4. What causes infertility in men?
There are many causes of infertility in men. In some cases, infertility is caused by diseases of the male genitals or from testicular varicose veins.
Others are corrupted sperm (the effects of previous inflammatory diseases such as mumps; hormonal changes or genetic abnormalities).
However, up to 30-40% of cases of infertility do not detect the cause.
5. How to detect?
So far, sperm testing is the most frequently used method for detecting infertility in men. Lack of sperm count, deformed sperm, and weak sperm are signs of infertility in men.
In some cases, the doctor may also use testicular biopsy to treat male infertility.
6. What is the method of sperm analysis?
The method of sperm analysis means analyzing the amount of sperm that is taken when a man ejaculates after 3 days of "abstaining". This process will be repeated 1 month later to confirm the results because sperm production can fluctuate in a short time.
Normal semen contains 20 - 200 million sperm / ml, of which 80% is active and semen volume is about 2 - 5ml.
7. Solutions to treat infertility in men?
The treatment for infertility in men depends on the cause. Surgery can be used for men who want to have children after a vasectomy or varicose veins.
For people with abnormal sperm, the ability to have children is very small, requiring medical assistance to have children.
8. Are the number of infertile men tending to decrease?
In fact, the number of infertile men is increasing. There are many reasons to explain this phenomenon: environmental pollution, stress, ...
9. Is sexual activity related to infertility?
In most cases, the couple's life is not related to infertility.
However, to increase the likelihood of having children, couples should calculate the day of ovulation (mid-cycle). Having sex on these days will increase your chances of conceiving.
10. Men have limited ability to have children?
It is difficult to answer this question exactly. Men do not have a period like premenopause in women and their ability to produce sperm never ceases throughout life. However, scientists claim that the ability of men to have children decreases with age. Even so, men can still have children despite being 80 years old.
See also 15% Discount Pre-marital health check package.
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...