13 Things To Avoid When Taking Care Of Babies
Taking care of the first baby is sometimes an overwhelming task, especially for young mothers. Difficulties are unavoidable and many times make mistakes when dealing with difficulties beyond this capacity.
Here are some mistakes that you can easily avoid to be able to take care of your little baby safely.
1. Lying in a dark room after birth: A mother and baby in a dim room will cause difficulties in care and adversely affect the baby
>>> Where to buy insurance for me?
Lack of sunlight will increase the risk of vitamin D deficiency, will make children cry at night, startle, milk, rickets
2. Mothers fasting: Some people think that mothers must fast to be good for the mother's health and have a good source of milk for the baby. In many cases, mothers only eat rice with salt, or meat is very salty, abstain from soup, vegetables, fruits. This makes mothers difficult to eat, lack energy, tiredness, constipation, and lack of calcium. While the nutritional needs of mothers are high to compensate for the energy lost due to delivery and breastfeeding.
How can you get a good source of breast milk if you eat and drink abstinously! Therefore, it is best to provide enough nutrition for a nursing mother. Eat all types of meat, fish, eggs, vegetables, fruits
3. Diets bathing: This is a common practice for fear of cold mothers. Of course, after giving birth, the mother loses blood and is tired, so she easily gets cold The best way is to "nourish" the mother by feeding, resting reasonably, creating a relaxed spirit. Mother will be strong and resistant to cold. Failure to clean will increase the risk of dangerous infections for the mother and child. We know that everyone needs to create and care for their children in a clean and hygienic environment, adhering to hand washing before and after baby care.
4. Lying down: This is a common method to keep mothers and babies warm.
However, as we all know, there are more effective and scientific ways to help keep mothers and babies warm. Meanwhile, many cases of babies being poisoned by CO from coal, burns, or pustules, cellulitis are very dangerous. Therefore, should not lie after birth.
5. Navel band: Many people think that the umbilical bandage helps protect the umbilical. In fact, the umbilical bandage will "help create a good environment for germ proliferation" to cause umbilical cord infection and delayed cord loss. You should leave the navel open after taking care of the umbilical cord, wrapping the navel under the navel, only covering the belly button with a thin layer of the navel to make it easier to observe the navel, the navel will quickly dry, quickly fall out, cause less infection, less navel bud formation. 6.
Navel placement with opioids, cow dung: These measures increase the risk of umbilical cord infection, or cause abdominal distention, apnea due to opiate poisoning.
7. Give your child licorice juice to keep the mucus clear. Licorice drink will increase the risk of bleeding and danger in the child so do not use.
8. Mouthwash in "healers" when a child is stung to the mouth, causing the child to have a scratched throat, dangerous bleeding. As we know, oral thrush or thrush is caused by a fungus, usually in bottle-fed babies. Mouth sting can be safely and easily treated with gentle tongue contact with Mycostatin.
9. Cutting rituals when sick children: The habit of ritual cutting when sick children not only increases the risk of infection, especially viral hepatitis, HIV, but also causes serious bleeding. Cutting the ceremony has no effect on treating the baby's illness.
10. Bring the child to "judgment" when the child is sick: This delays the treatment for the baby. Sometimes babies have complications due to "tricks" used when "judging", such as burns.
11. It is assumed that all newborns with jaundice will be “physiological jaundice” and “will recover” after 1 week: As we know, 20-50% of newborns have jaundice, but physiological jaundice is only is one of the causes.
Many cases of children jaundice very early in the first 1-2 days, severe jaundice spread to hands, feet. This is not a physiological jaundice and after one week it will not cure itself, but will die or have permanent sequelae if not detected and treated promptly. Therefore, daily need to observe young skin color under sunlight to detect jaundice. If your baby jaundice early in the first 1-2 days after birth, or jaundice through the navel, jaundice to the palms, feet, jaundice with poor feeding, quitting, gong, you need to bring to the health facility for be treated because this is severe jaundice.
12. Easily replace breast milk with bottle: Breast milk is the best food for babies. Breastfeeding is a source of nutrition, love and safety for your children. Children will be smarter, less sick.
You should breastfeed your baby completely, do not eat or drink anything else. The mother breastfeeds the baby according to the needs of the child, combining a defecate diet.
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...