13 Tips For Weight Control During Pregnancy
Excessive weight gain during pregnancy makes pregnant women face many risks such as: diabetes, premature birth, high blood pressure, caesarean section, toxin pregnancy, even stillbirth ... So how to Weight control during pregnancy? 13 small tips below will be useful tips for pregnant mothers.
Ideal weight for pregnant women
There is no specific number of ideal weight for pregnant women because based on the fact, depending on the location and previous weight of each person, the weight gain during pregnancy is different.
However, pregnant women can still learn about the ideal weight during pregnancy based on the BMI of the body before pregnancy:
BMI <18.5: the mother is too thin, need to increase from 12-18 kg during pregnancy. BMI from 18
BMI is between 26 and 29: this is a sign of being overweight so the mother should only increase from 7 to 12 kg to ensure a healthy pregnancy.
BMI> 29: sign of obesity and the mother only needs to gain from 6 to 11 kg or even less.
Weight control during pregnancy to ensure health for both mother and baby
Why you need to control your weight during pregnancy?
Weight control during pregnancy is very important and requires pregnant women to pay special attention because being overweight or underweight during this period also makes the health of both mother and baby seriously affected.
For overweight women, the most common risk is hypertension, gestational diabetes, pre-eclampsia and even more dangerous can be miscarriage, premature birth or stillbirth, etc. Being overweight can also cause infections for mothers having cesarean section. The baby is born too may be overweight and make it difficult for the mother's labor process.
As for women who gain less weight, the risk of fetal malnutrition can occur, making the baby likely to be born premature, underweight (weighing less than 2
, respiratory infections accompanied by anemia, vitamin A, D deficiency, ...
13 tips to help pregnant women control their weight
Make a eating diary
Create a food diary that helps you record foods that you ate in the morning, lunch and dinner, so that you can track and evaluate whether or not you ate them at the time. From a notebook, you can easily control your diet as well as make sure your nutrient intake is adequate every day.
Keep track of the number of foods tolerated each day
If during the first 3 months of pregnancy, pregnant women have difficulty in gaining weight because of some cases of morning sickness, the last 3 months is the period when mothers need to speed up getting enough nutrition every day. Because this is the fastest growing stage of pregnancy and below are the nutrients that pregnant women need to be concerned about to get enough:
- Fat: accounting for 25-30% of total energy intake per day. Food sources of fat come from olive oil, butter, nuts, .
.. Limit saturated fat from cheese, ice cream or fast food.
- Fiber: need to add at least 25-35 grams of fiber per day from vegetables, natural fruits, cereals, ...
- Protein: Protein-rich food sources that pregnant women should pay attention to include fish, chicken, milk, nuts, ..
- Calcium: The amount of calcium that pregnant women need to supplement daily is about 1200 mg. Pregnant women can get calcium from foods like soy milk, orange juice, green vegetables, tofu, or medicine.
- Iron: iron deficiency during pregnancy is very common, so every day pregnant women need to supplement about 30 mg, 2-3 times the amount of iron needed compared to normal people.
Pregnant women should ensure the necessary nutritional content every day
Do not skip breakfast
Eat a good breakfast as this is an important meal to help absorb the nutrient content of the body. Many people think that skipping breakfast will control weight gain, but this is completely wrong. Because after about 6-8 hours of sleep at night, both the mother and baby's body need additional energy in the morning, skipping breakfast will lose energy, ravenous hunger will make the mother's body become more tired. .
Eliminate the thought of eating for 2
According to the concept of many people, pregnant women need to eat 2 times normal because they have to eat for both.
However, trying to cram just makes you uncomfortable, instead of eating in quantity, eat according to quality, ensuring enough nutrients to keep the body of mother and baby healthy.
Divide the portion into smaller meals
In cases where the pregnant mother has morning sickness or indigestion and does not feel like eating at meals, it is best to split the meals. Instead of the 3 main meals as usual, it should be divided into 5-6 small meals with reasonable diets.
Breaking down the meal will help pregnant women reduce morning sickness while ensuring adequate nutrition and calories each day.
Eat slowly, chew carefully
Eating slowly, chewing carefully will help pregnant women easily digest food and stay full longer, thereby minimizing uncontrolled eating during the period.. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...