20 Common Pathologies In Pregnant Women
Common diseases in pregnant women have a significant impact on the health of the mother and the development of the fetus. Therefore, pregnant women need to be equipped with knowledge about common diseases to take proper preventive measures to avoid possible complications.
Many women experience health problems during pregnancy, which can affect the health of the mother and fetus. Even healthy women before pregnancy can experience complications from pregnancy.
Having knowledge and prevention of pregnancy conditions before pregnancy can help reduce the risk of these diseases and health-related complications.
Below is a summary of 20 common conditions in pregnant women:
High Blood Pressure
High blood pressure, also known as hypertension, occurs when the arteries that carry blood from the heart to the body organs are narrowed. This causes increased pressure in the arteries. During pregnancy, this can make it difficult for the blood to reach the placenta, and it is difficult to provide nutrients and oxygen to the fetus
Women with high blood pressure before pregnancy will continue to have to monitor and control it with medication if needed throughout their pregnancy. High blood pressure that develops during pregnancy is called pregnancy hypertension. Typically, pregnancy hypertension occurs in the second half of pregnancy and subsides after birth.
Gestational diabetes occurs when a woman who does not have pre-pregnancy diabetes develops this condition during pregnancy.
Normally, the body digests your food portions into a type of sugar called glucose. After digestion, glucose moves into the bloodstream to provide energy for the body.
In order to get glucose into the body's cells, the pancreas creates a hormone called insulin
Instead, the glucose that builds up in the blood causes diabetes, also known as high blood sugar.
Managing gestational diabetes by following a treatment plan outlined by your doctor is the best way to reduce or prevent problems with high blood sugar during pregnancy. If left unchecked, gestational diabetes can lead to high blood pressure due to pre-eclampsia and an increase in fetal weight which increases the risk of cesarean delivery.
Infection (including some sexually transmitted diseases)
Infections, including certain sexually transmitted infections (STIs), can occur during pregnancy or childbirth, which can lead to complications for pregnant women and babies after birth.
Some infections can be passed from mother to child during birth, when the newborn goes through the birth canal; Other infections can infect the fetus during pregnancy. Some infections can be prevented or treated by follow-up care before pregnancy, before birth and after birth.
Pregnancy infections can result in:
- Miscarriage / abortion (before 20 weeks of pregnancy)
- Ectopic pregnancy (when the embryo is implanted outside the uterus, usually in the fallopian tube)
- Preterm birth (before 37 weeks of pregnancy)
- Birth weight of the child is low
- Birth defects, including blindness, deafness, bone deformity and mental retardation
- stillbirth (after 20 weeks of pregnancy)
- Disease in the newborn period (the first month of life)
- Infant death
- Maternal health complications
If you are planning to become pregnant, consult your doctor about getting vaccinated for chickenpox (also called varicella) and rubella (also called rubella) before you conceive. You can also get some vaccines, such as the flu shot, while you are pregnant.
Pre-eclampsia is a serious medical condition that can lead to premature birth and death. The cause of pre-eclampsia has not been precisely determined. Risk factors leading to pre-eclampsia include:
- First pregnancy
- Pre-eclampsia in the previous pregnancy
- Pregnant women with high blood pressure, diabetes, kidney disease and lupus erythematosus
- Pregnant at the age of 35 and over
- Pregnant with twins or multiple fetuses
- Obese women
Preterm delivery is labor before the 37th week of pregnancy. Any newborn born before 37 weeks is at risk of health problems because organs like the lungs and brain only end up developing in the final weeks before full term birth (39 to 40 week).
A number of conditions increase the risk of preterm birth, including infection, shortened cervical development or premature birth.
Progesterone, a hormone naturally produced during pregnancy, may be used to help prevent preterm birth in some women. A 2003 study led by NICHD researchers found that progesterone supplementation for women at high risk of preterm birth due to previous preterm birth reduced the risk of preterm birth by one third.
. Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...