8 Common Myths About Sleep
Understanding these myths will help you get a good and healthy sleep.
1. Sleep on weekends?
We often tend to sleep "baked" on the weekend to make up for the whole week to get up early but in fact, keeping the sleep habit as usual will bring you health and alertness.
2. Exercise at night will be easy to sleep
Regular exercise makes it easier to sleep, but as long as you finish the exercise at least 3 hours before going to bed. So the best time to exercise is in the afternoon.
Exercise will cause your body temperature to rise and it takes about 6 hours to regain normal temperature. The resting period will cool the body, making it easier to fall asleep
Older people need less sleep
It seems that older people need less sleep than younger people but the truth is that they also need 7-9 hours to sleep every day. However, their sleep schedule has changed a lot. They tend to sleep several times a day with short naps.
4. Try to sleep right away
If you wake up in the middle of the night and lie down 15-20 but can't sleep, don't try. Get out of bed and go to another room. You can do something to relax like listening to music or reading books
If you lie on the bed will only feel more nervous and stressed and of course will never be able to sleep again.
5. TV helps to sleep
Watching TV or working with computers in the bedroom only makes it difficult to sleep even when you are sleepy. Therefore, it is best to use the bed only for sleeping and "love story" only - it is the best way to create a solid link between the bed and sleep.
6. "Love" at midnight makes it difficult to sleep
"Sex" will make the hormone endorphins increase secretion, make the body comfortable, reduce stress and sleep a lot more than normal.
7. Applying a blanket will help you fall asleep
You will sleep easily and sleep well when the body is cool. Therefore, if you want to cover a blanket, you should open a window so you can enjoy the fresh air while sleeping without being cold.
Your body doesn't want to be too cold, but that doesn't mean it wants to be kept too warm.
8. A glass of wine makes it easier to sleep
Drinking alcohol will increase the feeling of tiredness and result in faster drowsiness but also shorter sleep duration (sleep is interrupted and may wake up in the middle of the night)..
- The World Health Organization has warned of an antibiotic crisis, meaning that antibiotics will become more and more useless due to drug-resistant bacteria. We could soon run out of all new antibiotics and start dying from infections that we learned to treat 100 years ago. The catastrophe could be ...According to Assoc. Dr. Tran Dac Phu, complicated changes of pathogens caused by viruses and bacteria are the cause of many diseases (especially in the summer) in many countries, including Vietnam. Mr. Phu shared, besides the diseases that have been eliminated, such as smallpox, polio, neonatal ...According to Assoc. On the one hand, acknowledging the results achieved in the prevention of epidemics in Vietnam over the past time, Mr. Tran Dac Phu still expressed his concern about the constant change of viruses and bacteria, especially in summer time. Hot weather combined with other factors ...Avoid going outdoors when the sun is hot in the middle of the day, trying to drink enough water with little other feeling, wear anti-glare glasses ... are things the elderly should pay attention to during the dry season to limit the risk of stroke. Lan Lan () Lan Lan () According to the search key: ...80% of the population suffers from life back problems, low back pain is the most common cause of disability in the world. Le Nguyen (Theo Visually) According to theNew US research shows that divorced people are at a higher risk of heart attack than groups of the same age who are maintaining marriage. Photo: BBC. The study, published in the journal Circulation, argues that the chronic stress caused by divorce has long-term effects on a person's overall health. ...Passive smoking increases the risk of gum disease by 62%, according to new research by the University of North Carolina scientists. The above results are drawn after analyzing the medical records of more than 3,000 non-smokers aged 20. Volunteers are given oral examination and blood samples are ...Scientists have taken breathing air samples from hundreds of patients to analyze the chemical integration, helping to detect the potential risk of stomach cancer. Stomach cancer can be detected early through the breath. Photo: BBC. According to the BBC, stomach cancer affects about 7,300 people in ...Avoid spicy and sour foods until the sores heal. You can rinse your mouth with warm, thin salt water 2 times a day. An oral ulcer can be a manifestation of many diseases such as canker sores (often referred to as canker sores), ulcers caused by the herpes virus, ulcers caused by bacteria that cause ...Sunstroke, boils, diarrhea, malaria ... are children's diseases that can be encountered in the summer and you can completely help prevent them in a number of simple and effective ways. Sun stroke Summer can be great for kids because it's not learning and just having fun makes them excited. Children ...