9 Medical Advice For Men Over 70
Mayo Clinic (USA) has just introduced some guidelines on medical examination by gender and age, with special attention to the following 9 common diseases.
1. Abdominal aortic aneurysm
If you belong to a group of people who have smoked more than 100 cigarettes in their life, experts recommend ultrasound to know the health of the abdomen, especially the abdominal aortic aneurysm, to monitor and treat as soon as possible. the better.
2. High blood pressure
High blood pressure is a disease that develops proportional to the age, the higher the age, the greater the incidence of the disease, the culprit increasing cardiovascular disease and other incurable diseases. If your blood pressure reading is less than 120 / 80mmHg, you should see your doctor every 2 years.
If from 120 - 139mmHg and from 80 - 89mmHg (in both maximum and minimum directions), a visit should be made once a year
A cholesterol test is intended for two indicators of cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood. Exceeding the permitted level may increase the risk of cardiovascular disease and stroke. This is a group of "silent killers" because there is no sign of it.
People who have a history of cardiovascular disease, high blood fat should see a doctor and get tested. A cholesterol test (blood test) to know the level of lipids (lipids) in the blood, also known as a Lipid panel test.
The purpose of this test is to know total cholesterol, HDL (High-density Lipoprotein), also known as good blood fat and triglycerides content
Check for colon and rectal cancer
By the age of 50, doctors often recommend men should have a health check to know the risk of colon and rectal cancer, especially those with a family history of the disease, or polyps. colon and inflammatory bowel disease. Tests to do:
- Colonoscopy: The doctor will use a colonoscope to insert into the rectum to see the health of the entire length of the colon.
- Virtual colonoscopy: using computerized tomography (CT) scans to scan the abdominal organs, including the colon.
- Stomach blood test (FOBT). In this technique people take feces to a laboratory test to detect hidden blood in the stool.
- Flexible colonoscopy technique (Sigmoidoscopy), using a colonoscopy device to help doctors know the specific condition of the lower part of the colon.
- DNA feces test: this is a test to detect DNA mutations, including the presence of precancerous or colon cancer.
- Use Barium enema: use compounds containing liquid barium to colon, then radiography of the colon to quickly detect the risk of cancer from the early stages.
See more: Discount 25% for gastrointestinal cancer screening
5. Checking gums
When you are old, you should visit your dentist regularly to check your teeth, every 6 months. The doctor can clean the teeth and then assess the level of cavities and other related diseases.
Along with the dental examination, the doctor can check the health of the face, neck and other abnormalities in the mouth to provide timely preventive and treatment advice.
This is an important job, because teeth and teeth are also closely related to the general health of the body, especially signs of cardiovascular disease and cancers of the mouth, throat and respiratory tract.
According to experts' recommendations, when turning 45 years old, men should have their blood sugar checked to know the risk of developing diabetes.
A quick test of blood glucose (glucose) is usually done before eating. Patients with diabetes with fasting blood sugar ≥ 126 mg / dl (≥ 7 mmol / l), try at least 2 times in a row. Postprandial blood sugar or any ≥ 200 mg / dl (≥ 11.1 mmol / l).
If the fasting blood sugar level is from 5.6 to 6.9 mmol / l is called fasting sugar disorder and although it is not classified as diabetes patients, this group of people is not considered as average. Often because over time, a lot of people with sugar intolerance disorder will develop into true diabetes without a good lifestyle.
To ensure eye health, experts recommend men over the age of 70 to get regular eye exams. The doctor will check eye movement, vision, eye pressure, color perception and visual acuity.
Regular vision testing helps people know the health of their eyes, especially, detects the risk of glaucoma, macular degeneration, cataracts and other incurable eye diseases. .
8. Prostate cancer
For a group of people over the age of 70, they should have a prostate exam and an PSA (prostate-specific antigen) test every year for prostate health, especially cancer risk. Prostate.
Screening for prostate cancer includes digital rectal test (DRE) or PSA. During the DRE test, the doctor inserts a lubricated finger into the patient's rectum to examine the prostate and examine the vehicle.. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...