9 Medical Advice For Men Over 70
Mayo Clinic (USA) has just introduced some guidelines on medical examination by gender and age, with special attention to the following 9 common diseases.
1. Abdominal aortic aneurysm
If you belong to a group of people who have smoked more than 100 cigarettes in their life, experts recommend ultrasound to know the health of the abdomen, especially the abdominal aortic aneurysm, to monitor and treat as soon as possible. the better.
2. High blood pressure
High blood pressure is a disease that develops proportional to the age, the higher the age, the greater the incidence of the disease, the culprit increasing cardiovascular disease and other incurable diseases. If your blood pressure reading is less than 120 / 80mmHg, you should see your doctor every 2 years.
If from 120 - 139mmHg and from 80 - 89mmHg (in both maximum and minimum directions), a visit should be made once a year
A cholesterol test is intended for two indicators of cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood. Exceeding the permitted level may increase the risk of cardiovascular disease and stroke. This is a group of "silent killers" because there is no sign of it.
People who have a history of cardiovascular disease, high blood fat should see a doctor and get tested. A cholesterol test (blood test) to know the level of lipids (lipids) in the blood, also known as a Lipid panel test.
The purpose of this test is to know total cholesterol, HDL (High-density Lipoprotein), also known as good blood fat and triglycerides content
Check for colon and rectal cancer
By the age of 50, doctors often recommend men should have a health check to know the risk of colon and rectal cancer, especially those with a family history of the disease, or polyps. colon and inflammatory bowel disease. Tests to do:
- Colonoscopy: The doctor will use a colonoscope to insert into the rectum to see the health of the entire length of the colon.
- Virtual colonoscopy: using computerized tomography (CT) scans to scan the abdominal organs, including the colon.
- Stomach blood test (FOBT). In this technique people take feces to a laboratory test to detect hidden blood in the stool.
- Flexible colonoscopy technique (Sigmoidoscopy), using a colonoscopy device to help doctors know the specific condition of the lower part of the colon.
- DNA feces test: this is a test to detect DNA mutations, including the presence of precancerous or colon cancer.
- Use Barium enema: use compounds containing liquid barium to colon, then radiography of the colon to quickly detect the risk of cancer from the early stages.
See more: Discount 25% for gastrointestinal cancer screening
5. Checking gums
When you are old, you should visit your dentist regularly to check your teeth, every 6 months. The doctor can clean the teeth and then assess the level of cavities and other related diseases.
Along with the dental examination, the doctor can check the health of the face, neck and other abnormalities in the mouth to provide timely preventive and treatment advice.
This is an important job, because teeth and teeth are also closely related to the general health of the body, especially signs of cardiovascular disease and cancers of the mouth, throat and respiratory tract.
According to experts' recommendations, when turning 45 years old, men should have their blood sugar checked to know the risk of developing diabetes.
A quick test of blood glucose (glucose) is usually done before eating. Patients with diabetes with fasting blood sugar ≥ 126 mg / dl (≥ 7 mmol / l), try at least 2 times in a row. Postprandial blood sugar or any ≥ 200 mg / dl (≥ 11.1 mmol / l).
If the fasting blood sugar level is from 5.6 to 6.9 mmol / l is called fasting sugar disorder and although it is not classified as diabetes patients, this group of people is not considered as average. Often because over time, a lot of people with sugar intolerance disorder will develop into true diabetes without a good lifestyle.
To ensure eye health, experts recommend men over the age of 70 to get regular eye exams. The doctor will check eye movement, vision, eye pressure, color perception and visual acuity.
Regular vision testing helps people know the health of their eyes, especially, detects the risk of glaucoma, macular degeneration, cataracts and other incurable eye diseases. .
8. Prostate cancer
For a group of people over the age of 70, they should have a prostate exam and an PSA (prostate-specific antigen) test every year for prostate health, especially cancer risk. Prostate.
Screening for prostate cancer includes digital rectal test (DRE) or PSA. During the DRE test, the doctor inserts a lubricated finger into the patient's rectum to examine the prostate and examine the vehicle.. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- The World Health Organization has warned of an antibiotic crisis, meaning that antibiotics will become more and more useless due to drug-resistant bacteria. We could soon run out of all new antibiotics and start dying from infections that we learned to treat 100 years ago. The catastrophe could be ...According to Assoc. Dr. Tran Dac Phu, complicated changes of pathogens caused by viruses and bacteria are the cause of many diseases (especially in the summer) in many countries, including Vietnam. Mr. Phu shared, besides the diseases that have been eliminated, such as smallpox, polio, neonatal ...According to Assoc. On the one hand, acknowledging the results achieved in the prevention of epidemics in Vietnam over the past time, Mr. Tran Dac Phu still expressed his concern about the constant change of viruses and bacteria, especially in summer time. Hot weather combined with other factors ...Avoid going outdoors when the sun is hot in the middle of the day, trying to drink enough water with little other feeling, wear anti-glare glasses ... are things the elderly should pay attention to during the dry season to limit the risk of stroke. Lan Lan () Lan Lan () According to the search key: ...80% of the population suffers from life back problems, low back pain is the most common cause of disability in the world. Le Nguyen (Theo Visually) According to theNew US research shows that divorced people are at a higher risk of heart attack than groups of the same age who are maintaining marriage. Photo: BBC. The study, published in the journal Circulation, argues that the chronic stress caused by divorce has long-term effects on a person's overall health. ...Passive smoking increases the risk of gum disease by 62%, according to new research by the University of North Carolina scientists. The above results are drawn after analyzing the medical records of more than 3,000 non-smokers aged 20. Volunteers are given oral examination and blood samples are ...Scientists have taken breathing air samples from hundreds of patients to analyze the chemical integration, helping to detect the potential risk of stomach cancer. Stomach cancer can be detected early through the breath. Photo: BBC. According to the BBC, stomach cancer affects about 7,300 people in ...Avoid spicy and sour foods until the sores heal. You can rinse your mouth with warm, thin salt water 2 times a day. An oral ulcer can be a manifestation of many diseases such as canker sores (often referred to as canker sores), ulcers caused by the herpes virus, ulcers caused by bacteria that cause ...Sunstroke, boils, diarrhea, malaria ... are children's diseases that can be encountered in the summer and you can completely help prevent them in a number of simple and effective ways. Sun stroke Summer can be great for kids because it's not learning and just having fun makes them excited. Children ...