Nutrition From Potatoes For Human Health
Potato nutrition is very diverse and good for human health with important ingredients such as potassium, fiber, vitamin C, antioxidants ... You can add potatoes to the daily menu to meet meet the nutritional needs of the body.
Nutrition from potatoes
- Potassium: Potatoes with whole skin are a great source of potassium, very good for the heart
Vitamin C: This vitamin in potatoes is extremely high, it is an effective antioxidant that helps stabilize free molecules, which can reduce cell damage. Vitamin C produces collagen that helps connect bone tissue together
Fiber: A medium-sized potato (148g) contains 2g of fiber or 8% of the daily recommended amount.
Fiber also helps to increase feelings of fullness between meals. So, you do not have to worry about gaining weight when eating potatoes!
- Antioxidants: Potatoes contain the most glutathione compared to other vegetables - are antioxidants that can help fight some cancers. In one study that compared the overall antioxidant effects of potatoes, bell peppers, carrots, onions, and broccoli, potatoes were second only to broccoli.
Potatoes contain potassium, vitamin C and many healthy minerals
- Carbohydrate: Food containing complex carbohydrates is the main source of energy for the body. Some dieters who tend to eat high-protein, low-carbohydrate foods are often advised to cut back or eliminate carbohydrate-containing foods like potatoes, carrots and dried fruits.
However, many nutritionists are convinced that high-protein, low-carbohydrate diets are potentially unhealthy and not conducive to sustained weight loss over the long term. Because these diets tend to be high in saturated fat and low in fruits, vegetables and whole grains, they may increase the risk of cardiovascular disease and some cancers
Tips when choosing to buy potatoes
- When choosing potatoes, should look potatoes still hard, silky and clean.
- Choose potatoes with balanced shape to reduce the loss when peeled.
- Choose potatoes of uniform size to cook.
- Avoid choosing potatoes with wrinkled or wilted skin, soft black spots, discoloration, cuts or bruises on the surface of the skin or green.
Several types of American potatoes are sold in Vietnam
US potato growers have a favorable climate and fertile soil, modern equipment and technology to produce high quality potatoes.
- Russet: This is the most grown and used potato in the United States. They are available year round, due to their high starch content, they have a texture like flour when cooked, ideal for processing dishes such as baked potatoes, mashed.
Do not eat sprouted potatoes because they can lead to poisoning and lower blood pressure
- Potato yellow flesh: Small intestines, yellow color and light butter flavor, this type of potato is increasingly popular. They have a thick, wax-like texture and are well suited for preparing baked, mashed and baked potatoes.
- Red round potatoes: Red round potatoes have a pink-red and white intestine. Cooked, red potatoes have a hard, waxy-like texture, making them suitable for preparing boiled, fried, baked, and cut salads.
- Blue and purple potatoes: These potatoes have a deep green to light purple color (lavender color) and chestnut flavor.
Note when using potatoes
- Do not remove the skin: Usually people misunderstand all the nutrients of potatoes that lie in the skin. While potato skins contain only approximately half of the fiber, most (> 50%) of the nutrients are found inside the tubers.
In fact, like many other vegetables, cooking affects the existence of internal nutrients, especially vitamins, dissolved minerals, and nutrients that are lost when cooked with water. To maintain most of the nutrients in cooked potatoes, steaming or microwaving is best.
- Did you notice, when storing potatoes at very cold temperatures, they may turn black or gray when cooked.
To prevent this condition, store potatoes at temperatures between 7.2 degrees C - 10 degrees C (45 degrees F and 55 degrees F). Absolutely not eat potatoes sprout because they can cause poisoning, lower blood pressure .... . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...