Parkinson’s Disease In The Elderly
Parkinson's disease, also known as fibrillation disease, is a disease caused by deterioration of the nervous system. It is common in people older than 50 and the majority of men, with the incidence of 1/500. People with Parkinson's disease often have many difficulties in daily life and can lead to depression.
Currently, the cause of Parkinson's disease is still unknown, but found that in patients with dopamine, the content of dopamine in the body is significantly reduced! Dopamine is a neurotransmitter belonging to the catecholamine group (including: dopamine, noradrenalin, adrenalin) concentrated in the basal ganglia of the brain. Dopamine plays an important role in the movement and coordination of body movements
When dopamine-producing cells degenerate or die, dopamine deficiency in the body is a risk factor for parkinson's disease.
There are also some favorable factors such as:
- Often exposed to pesticides, herbicides.
- History of head injury, encephalitis
- Atherosclerosis .
The symptoms of Parkinson's disease usually progress in a long time:
- At first tremor in one hand, then spread to the legs on the same side and gradually tremble on both sides.
- Patients often have stiff postures, sluggish, expressionless faces, stooping gait forward, or imbalance.
- Patients have difficulty writing letters, anxiety often leads to depression.
Currently, medicine has not been able to cure Parkinson's disease but helps prevent the development of the disease through the following methods:
- Physical therapy method: In the early stages of Parkinson's disease, the application of physiotherapy helps to significantly improve the ability of movement and mental support for patients.
- Method of medication: Levodopa: this is the main medicine used to treat Parkinson's and RLS
Levodopa is a precursor of dopamine. Once in the body, levodopa crosses the blood-brain barrier and specialized in hopopamine (dopamine does not cross the blood-brain barrier so cannot be used directly).
However, in the periphery, levodopa is converted to dopamine by decarboxylase enzymes, so levodopa is often combined with these enzyme inhibitors such as carbidopa, benserazid with preparations such as sinemet (levodopa + carbidopa), madopar (levodopa + benserazid). To increase the effectiveness of treatment, levodopa is often used in combination with the following drugs: -Amantadine is a treatment for the influenza virus type A2 but is also used in the treatment of Parkinson's disease. Amantadine helps stimulate the release of endogenous dopamine.
-Dopamine agonists (dopamine agonists) include bromocriptin, pergolid, pramipexole ...
stimulating directly on dopaminergic receptors.
-Cholin secreting drugs: including trihexyphenidyl, benzatrophine, procyclidine ... Currently these drugs are rarely used in the treatment of Parkinson's disease.
Surgical method Surgical method is used when the above methods do not bring the desired treatment effect. Brain surgery will significantly improve the symptoms of tremor, rigidity ..
. of people with Parkinson's disease.. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...