Postpartum Depression – A Postpartum Condition
Childbirth is a big event, a great joy for women. But after giving birth, some mothers often worry about depression, even mental breakdown. This condition, called postpartum mental collapse, occurs in about 15-20% of mothers after delivery.
The worry is that many women who do not know this evidence have silently endured and did not dare to confess to others for fear that people think of "bad" about themselves.
In addition, many surrounding people, even relatives, are unaware of the condition, often seeing mothers with postpartum mental breakdown with unfriendly eyes with comments such as' cruel mothers
Occurs at any time during the first year
Postpartum mental collapse can occur at any time during the first year after your baby is born.
After birth, it is normal for a mother to feel emotional and anxious; But if the condition persists for more than 2 weeks, the mother should consult a psychiatrist or psychiatrist for help.
Here are some common symptoms in mothers with mental distress:
- Feeling down, having no joy or pleasure in everyday life;
- Eating does not feel good, or does not want to eat anything;
- Born a few months ago but still feel drowsy, exhausted;
- Weeping, frustrating, worried, confused, feeling unstable;
- Suddenly scared, did not dare to stay at home alone;
- Do not want to go out, or do not want to meet anyone.
Understand properly to sympathize and actively help
Having a child is a great joy, but it can also bring about mental and physical stress. Being a mother is a quite hard, responsible job and often suffers from insomnia.
The problem of motherhood is even more difficult for women raising children alone or couples without relatives nearby to help and rely on.
In addition, when both husband and wife have to go to work, the woman has to carry out the work at the office, while doing the daughter-in-law duty for the two sides of the family, while taking care of the little ones
However, one thing that people need to be aware of is that postpartum depression should not be thought and "eight" that the mother is a "bad person", "evil mother", "punished".
Right understanding will easily sympathize, be ready to take care of and actively help the postpartum mother both physically and mentally, to help the mother after birth gently get rid of this syndrome.
Prevention is not difficult
In order not to have mental breakdown after birth, be prepared carefully from pregnancy:
- Near the date of birth, need to avoid major changes such as moving, repairing, changing jobs ...
- Prepare for childbirth by taking a prenatal training course.
- Helping the husband to prepare mentally for taking care of the wife after giving birth both physically and mentally; and know how to help his wife take care of the children, take care of housework
- Arrange for relatives and friends to help the mother after giving birth
- If a woman has ever had a mental breakdown, she should let the doctor know when going for prenatal visits.
. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...