Postpartum Hair Loss – Causes And Remedies
Giving birth is a sacred duty that nature offers to women, but mothers must also sacrifice a lot in the journey to give their children a new life. It is a change in weight, physique, living habits, or hormonal disturbances that cause skin pigmentation, acne ... especially postpartum hair loss.
So what is the cause of postpartum hair loss of mothers and how to overcome it? Check out the article below to get more useful information and quickly regain smooth, silky hair!
Postnatal hair loss is what?
Normally, our hair will change every few years, this change will be in stages and divided by area so it is not easy for people to recognize.
Postpartum hair loss is quite common in diaper mothers, accounting for 30-40% and it is mainly related to the change in female hormones.
Postpartum hair loss is largely related to hormonal changes
In women, the speed of changing hair is related to the amount of estrogen in the body
Conversely, when estrogen levels are low, the speed of hair replacement will be fast, hair loss is high, causing hair thinning, baldness.
The cause of postpartum hair loss
At the same time, about 90% of hair follicles will grow, and 10% of hair follicles will begin to take time to rest. Every 2-3 months, the old hair will fall out and be replaced with new hair. This condition will occur faster in postpartum women. Causes of postpartum hair loss include:
Hormonal changes of the body
Hormonal changes during pregnancy are a major cause of excessive postpartum hair loss in nursing mothers. During pregnancy, the amount of estrogen is released more, the life of the hair is prolonged, the rate of hair loss decreases. Therefore, in the 2nd trimester of pregnancy, women often find their hair thicker
Therefore, women see a lot of hair loss in 3-4 months after birth, even there is phenomenon of alopecia.
In addition, during lactation, the mother's body releases prolactin hormone which makes milk more abundant but Prolactin is also an estrogen inhibitor, causing more hair loss.
Due to hormonal changes, women see a lot of hair loss in 3-4 months after birth, even hair loss phenomenon.
Anemia - iron deficiency
Anemia after birth causes poor blood circulation, resulting in poor nutrition and hair loss. Postpartum anemia can come from many different causes:
- During pregnancy do not get enough iron needed
- Acute blood loss during childbirth.
- Diet is not enough nutrition for mothers to breastfeed and recover to health.
- Psychological stress, lack of sleep, poor sleep after birth.
During pregnancy, the nutrients that the mother takes in to provide for the fetus and after birth are focused to make milk for the baby, leading to the body being easily deficient.
Without adequate supplementation, the mother's body becomes depressed, leading to a range of other health and aesthetic problems including hair loss.
Women who are pregnant and postpartum often worry, stress, and more serious can lead to postpartum depression. Psychological factors also cause postpartum hair loss. When moms are constantly worried, stress can lead to a neurological dysfunction that controls the amount of blood that goes into body parts including hair. The reduced blood supply to hair will make it easier for hair to break out.
Psychological factors also cause postpartum hair loss
Postpartum scalp of women is usually very weak and oily. Therefore, if you use shampoos or hair care products with harsh chemicals will weaken your hair and break it easily.
Many cases of postpartum hair loss caused by fungi with manifestations such as scalp itching, hair loss in plaques.
If this condition occurs, the mother should note to see a doctor for timely treatment.
Postnatal hair loss lasts how long?
First, mothers maintain a complete and scientific diet, combining gentle exercise and using appropriate hair care products to improve postpartum hair loss.
Usually, after 3 to 6 months of giving birth, women should abstain from eating properly, eat and rest properly. Hair loss will gradually decrease. However, depending on the cause of hair loss and the location of each person, it is impossible to determine the exact state of hair loss after birth.
If after 1 year, postnatal hair loss does not improve, the mother is likely to experience hair loss due to another cause. At this time, the mother should go to the hospital for a more specific consultation.
Measures to overcome hair loss after childbirth?
Many women worry that hair loss after birth will not regrow? The answer is yes.
However, the hair grows quickly, roughly. . Dịch vụ: Thiết kế website, quảng cáo google, đăng ký website bộ công thương uy tín
- Creating a good habit before going to bed will help you have a more comprehensive health and avoid many risks of diseases, in addition to giving you a deep and comfortable sleep. SucKhoe9.Com introduces some healthy bedtime habits for you. Bedtime habits are good for health ...Body age young or old according to experts can be predicted through what you eat, drink, daily activities. Many people think that when you are young, you do not need to worry about aging problems of your body. Some even say that when you turn the age of "hash", you ...Bad habit of forgetting to wash your hands when going to the kitchen Hand washing is essential in getting started in the kitchen for cooking. Washing your hands not clean or forgetting to wash your hands will have a huge impact on your health. Because then the food can be contaminated, ...For health care and protection, the motto of prevention is better than cure is always correct in all cases, you will have a good health, high resistance, an effective immune system if any. A good sense of prevention is also the foundation for you to constantly improve your quality of life and ...Wisdom penis cancer is a common disease, but its dangers are not small. The quick prevention and early treatment will prevent the disease from spreading and is safe for the health of men. Here's how to prevent and treat penile cancer. How to prevent penile cancer: - Vaccination against HPV type ...Breakfast is essential for everyone, providing energy for activities during the day. Also, overnight, your body needs nutrients and food to work back to normal. Waking up in the morning can be difficult for many people, especially those accustomed to working overtime or working late into the ...While many people are in need of weight loss, there are a large number of women who want to gain weight by all means. When hearing the story "want to gain weight", many women will certainly say: "easy". However, for those who are overweight, how easy this is, for those who ...As humans, we all want to live long, sometimes even want life to be eternal. But we ourselves cannot deny the law of creation. So to live longer, we must first have health. Healthy people will have a long life expectancy. So what must we do to have good health? The following 10 methods will help ...Health is the best valuable thing of human. This is especially true for those who are preparing to build a nest. But how to be in good health when you have to deal with a ton of work? Very simple. (SKDS) - Health is the most precious human capital. This is especially true for those who are ...Summer with hot weather easily makes people feel thirsty and cool ice glasses are always attractive. However, drinking ice on a regular basis is not good for your health and it doesn't really relieve your thirst. So how to get into the habit of drinking water properly in hot season. Drink warm ...